Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I see one really, really good thing.
    I do not know if this is only because all the hits Blizzard took recently...
    Something changed with their approach to community... in VERY positive way.
    Hopefully they will stick to this in the future with more interactions with players.
    I agree it seems to be slightly different now; however, I don't think any credit should be given until we see this happen consistently. This wouldn't be the first time if they opted to stop communication at some point or if it degraded into the community giving feedback to a wall.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

So you want me to resub to grind up to max renown first and THEN i am graciously allowed to switch covenants without restrictions and wear their cosmetics? Lol you pathetic dicks, how about you just let me do this right away in 9.1.5 and all Covenants share a common Renown level?

They just can't let lose of their gates and stick carrots. Then screw them.

15+ Year Old Account
    They need to do more alt friendly changes.
    I have almost no interest in leveling an alt and then going through all trouble to gather Anima and crap like that.
    The epic gear you get from the adventure table should be bind on account.

haha, the devs praise each other for the work done, it's so cringe. It's like standing in front of a mirror and saying how beautiful you are

X.0 "Meaningful choices"
    X.1.5 "We're listening"

It's every expansion, there's no way to pretend they don't know these systems are shitty when they push them to live. Also, where are all the 'I'm so happy my choices matter' people? Surely they must be saddened by this preposed change.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I see one really, really good thing.
    I do not know if this is only because all the hits Blizzard took recently...
    Something changed with their approach to community... in VERY positive way.
    Hopefully they will stick to this in the future with more interactions with players.
    I agree, it also looks like a lot more developers are starting to communicate on Twitter especially.
    Let's see how it goes in the future patches/expac.

WoW players are desperate. There is no change in their attitude or patching strategy or design principles. It's just some of you are hallucinating. They did the precise same thing in Legion and in BfA. Seed problems in your design and address them later. Pretty cheap (literally) design philosophy and people seem to reset their memories every expansion so everytime, they celebare this immoral practice as "devs listening".

The current team can produce one thing: garbage. Expect nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    I have never demanded anything from them, only been VERY disappointed by what they keep presenting. There is a huge difference. If I was going to make any demand it's that you whiteknights get banned from forums so we can express dissatisfaction with bad game design without getting "corrected".

If you like the game and the current state, good for you. See how that I works? I wish you well even though our opinions differ.
    When you call anyone who disagrees with you a "white knights", and contue to run with BS narratives like "they have contempt for player base", that clearly implies "they won't give me what I want. I am right and they should be catering the game solely to me".

Funny how you want to be able to express your disatisfaction with the game without retort, but then immediately deride someone who is satisfied with the game as "white knights". Nice hypocrisy.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Most of these changes are about 9 months too late. Try harder next expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh look asmonbalds hate zombie army has found its way to mmo-crybabies.com again. Yay
    Go play anime online and let people enjoy their fav game

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    haha, the devs praise each other for the work done, it's so cringe. It's like standing in front of a mirror and saying how beautiful you are
    Care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Denso View Post
    Most of these changes are about 9 months too late. Try harder next expansion.
    lol with all the systems, Shadowlands is the devs trying too hard. Rather they just keep things simple. We want content. Systems are not content.

These are all excellent news, and while all of this should've come in 9.0, the lifting of transmog restrictions from covenants and easier alt-leveling features are enough to make me resub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they literally say multiple times throughout the blue post they fucked up, are you even actually reading the post dude?
    I read the entire thing -dude- and it comes across not only weak but they also explain it in such a way that the feedback given at the time was not valid it only recently became valid.

Finding this acceptable is the reason why you get a lot of these broken systems every expansion and it gets -fixed- late in every expansion, and these mental gymnastics that come in a form of explanation is also the reason why WoW still has service costs that are equal of that of a premium game, because they defend it in the same matter, they know best and they do it to protect us from ourselves it is a deterrent apparently to make us switch server and faction easily.

Their post would have been better without this need to still declare themselves as playing some sort of 3D chess and we do not get it, it is also no surprise that this kind of behaviour is visible from designing expansion systems to even the lore.

A serious question do you believe that WoW in comparison to other MMOs really respect your time and money? For me that question is No.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    So its BFA all over again.

Hey, at least that lore its in the game, for once.
    Indeed it is, perhaps in the next expansion they could do a new series of books. That explains the 3d Chess behind designing systems in game.

"Who needs Beta feedback as a -successful- game company anyway!''
    "You think you do not want it, but you really do!''
    ''Senior Game designers, the real -masterplan!-''
    etc...etc...

And to think that Blizzard senior developers used to give explanations way back in the day for the entire industry on how to make a successful MMO through accessibility. Maybe they should go back and start revising their own advice.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You are right. The covenants were never not united at max level. Insinuating anything else is utterly asinine. At best there were minor misgivings between bastion and maldraxxus, but that was the full extend of any kind of conflict.
    There could have been more conflict between them, but considering how they prefer to move most of the lore explanations into novels to sell books and merchandise you would have to be -dedicated- enough to buy the books.

In any case they have been retconning things left and right, there is no real clear direction in the lore any more and the parody videos from Captain Grimm are more entertaining than anything they have produced recently minus two or three characters introduced over the last expansions.

So to claim that suddenly they respect the story line too much to make quality of life changes on time is not believable, neither is the claim that it is done out of balancing reasons as the balance is also all over the place, not that they had a great track record with that to begin with but people cared less before everything ended up being turning into a competitive lobby based model.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Yeah, the lore seemed to fit perfectly with people jumping ship and a lot of the reasons why being lined up. Yeah.. your right.. it was worth a healthy percentage of the player base tossing the duce.. for.. lol.. the lore.
    Hmmm well considering how much elements of Shadowlands story line resembles Marvel's infinity wars, perhaps the Jailer is really like Thanatos and they really wanted to lose 50% of their entire player base.

So it was all part of the master plan after all, now it makes sense!
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    There could have been more conflict between them, but considering how they prefer to move most of the lore explanations into novels to sell books and merchandise you would have to be -dedicated- enough to buy the books.

In any case they have been retconning things left and right, there is no real clear direction in the lore any more and the parody videos from Captain Grimm are more entertaining than anything they have produced recently minus two or three characters introduced over the last expansions.

So to claim that suddenly they respect the story line too much to make quality of life changes on time is not believable, neither is the claim that it is done out of balancing reasons as the balance is also all over the place, not that they had a great track record with that to begin with but people cared less before everything ended up being turning into a competitive lobby based model.
    At the latest by week 6 (of the original campaign) all cross campaigns were done and any hint of a conflict cleared up. Given the hologram meeting near the arbiter at the beginning of S1 endgame though, they were already at peace and the only justification for the whole divide was Kyrestia babbling something about one mortal per covenant, because reasons and we are suddenly introduced to the concept of being just a maw walker (despite me being THE maw walker all the tine before). The whole thing was just utter nonsense, but it would have been forgivable if we could have had this 9.1.5 "feature" back after the end of the original campaign.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-08-28 at 01:04 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

My post in wow forums 22 days ago

eu. forums.blizzard. com /en/wow/t/covenants-and-alts/304811

remove spaces

While alot of those things should have been implemented a long time ago, I am just happy it is being implemented, I don't buy into the notion of " too little too late ".

Whether I will be fully invested in wow to the extend I was prior to Shadowlands depends on how the next major content patches shape up.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    While alot of those things should have been implemented a long time ago, I am just happy it is being implemented, I don't buy into the notion of " too little too late ".

Whether I will be fully invested in wow to the extend I was prior to Shadowlands depends on how the next major content patches shape up.

I definitely think it is too late. Wayyyyyyy tooo late. This is shit that should have been implemented long ago. Now that they are no longer the #1 MMO, and now that they are at the center of a huge ass sex scandal and harassment issues then they do this.

Forgive me but I think all these changes is just a way to bring back players that have left the game and went other places. But this is just my opinion. I doubt they would be so willingly to accommodate the player if so many had not left already.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally!!! Pvp adjustment, i cant play pvp or wow this expansion because i have long ass job and wow take lots of time now