Poll: Do you think Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider should return and join the Horde?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    He´s dead, and if he can just return, then just take Draka, Uther and Ysera with us also, and any time someone dies lets just pop in and bring them back from Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    People are missing the development the race as a whole went trough and focusing entirely on him, when this new interaction is much better, they should just focus more on lorthemar and the other mage gu, much more interesing characters.
    Regardless if Kael could work as a character, it's just too much baggage for the Blood Elf story. That's not to say that Kael'thas wouldn't work in a different role, because he does have potential beyond this arc.

Like I said, it's not necessary, but they could revamp him in an interesting way that continues the themes of redemption and second chances.

Keep dead characters dead, no one should come abck to life, this open precedence, and an obligation, for other characters to come back too, and that would be a shitshow
    This WoW already makes resurrection to easy, we don't need the dead being able to literally stroll out of the Shadowlands.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you do care in the end
    It realy doesnt mean that I care.. trust me.

Haha, repeating this from another thread were u also didnt got the memo: what ever you say doc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Regardless if Kael could work as a character, it's just too much baggage for the Blood Elf story. That's not to say that Kael'thas wouldn't work in a different role, because he does have potential beyond this arc.

Like I said, it's not necessary, but they could revamp him in an interesting way that continues the themes of redemption and second chances.
    Its pointless to go into a discussion with him, but yes IF he had some sort of revamp and they continued hes redemption which is full going atm, they could potentially do some cool stuff with kael, but looking at the hints we got so far it seems he will stay in Revendreth. That being said, I rather see Rommath take a more active role. They tried with bob in 8.2, but he is just not as interesting. Hes just some ranger with a cool sword.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-08-27 at 10:38 AM.

1. Enough of Kael'thas already. It used to a funny meme, but now it's just fucking annoying. It's a dead horse, stop beating it.
    2. Keep the dead, dead.
    3. As it might have become glaringly obvious, the Horde has been having a "Genocidal Maniac" problem in its leadership for a very long time. Let's not add any more of them to it.
    4. It would make a shitty addition to Belf lore.
    5. I'm pretty sure most of the Belfs still around fucking despise Kael'thas at this point.

No, he should join the Alliance and specifically the Ren'dorei.

Magister Umbric can be seen as a parallel to Kael'thas.

Both are brilliant Magisters.

Both sought to use a dark power to save their homeland after the Scourge invaded (the Void in Umbric's case, the Fel in Kael'thas' case).

Both were betrayed by the faction they thought they could trust.

So it is only natural that Kael'thas will see himself in Magister Umbric, and join the Ren'dorei to become a Child of the Void, united in the Void, and reforged by the Void. That will also give Alleria even more leverage on the throne of Quel'Thalas when the time comes.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-08-27 at 10:57 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Could be lovely. However he is dead and I don’t know if he can be brought to life somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    No, he should join the Alliance and specifically the Ren'dorei.

Magister Umbric can be seen as a parallel to Kael'thas.

Both are brilliant Magisters.

Both sought to use a dark power to save their homeland after the Scourge invaded (the Void in Umbric's case, the Fel in Kael'thas' case).

Both were betrayed by the faction they thought they could trust.

So it is only natural that Kael'thas will see himself in Magister Umbric, and join the Ren'dorei to become a Child of the Void, united in the Void, and reforged by the Void. That will also give Alleria even more leverage on the throne of Quel'Thalas when the time comes.
    I like this!!
    And undead elves like sanlayn and dark ranger become custumization for void elves

No - Kael'thas should have a reunion with Lor'themar, but he should stay in the Shadowlands.

Blizzard have hinted at Lor'themar and Kael'thas meeting, so that needs to play out.

Blood Elves (and Blood Elf leadership) are the most important race for Kael'thas, so to not have something between Lor'themar and Kael'thas would be a wasted and missed opportunity. Velfs can tune in to the lore between the Sin'dorei leadership, since it's the Sin'dorei leadership that Kael'thas left in charge, when he left and joined the racist Alliance under Garithos.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-08-27 at 12:40 PM.

Blizzard already screwed the poach with Kael'thas by turning him into boss fodder for BC. It never should have happened but it's too late.

Don't bring him back so he can hijack Lor'themar's place. If Blizzard wants to develop the Belves, focus on the characters they already have: Lor'themar, Aethas, Rommath, and Liadrin. Or introduce new ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, having Kael'thas come back from the dead would be incredibly stupid. At that point you mind as well bring every other character who died back from the dead. Bring Cairne back. Bring Vol'jin back. Bring Varian back. Etc. Do you want to throw away the last semblance of stakes in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Blizzard already screwed the poach with Kael'thas by turning him into boss fodder for BC. It never should have happened but it's too late.

Don't bring him back so he can hijack Lor'themar's place. If Blizzard wants to develop the Belves, focus on the characters they already have: Lor'themar, Aethas, Rommath, and Liadrin. Or introduce new ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, having Kael'thas come back from the dead would be incredibly stupid. At that point you mind as well bring every other character who died back from the dead. Bring Cairne back. Bring Vol'jin back. Bring Varian back. Etc. Do you want to throw away the last semblance of stakes in this game?
    kaelthas should join the void elves. undead elf and sanlayn custumization for void elf

10+ Year Old Account
    Kael'thas was a wasted opportunity in TBC. Twice.

Shadowlands was the only was to plausibly give him some spotlight without devolving his story into stupid resurrections one after the other. If they bring him back to Azeroth, this is exactly what is going to happen.

I kind of hope he gets turned into a dreadlord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    kaelthas should join the void elves. undead elf and sanlayn custumization for void elf

Which makes absolutely no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Which makes absolutely no sense.

kaelthas betrayed quelthalas, like the void elves, kaelthas almost transformed the sunwell into a portal for unspeakable evil, like alleria.
    The blood elves live in a society radiated by the light that kills the undeads, the void elves use necromancy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    kaelthas betrayed quelthalas, like the void elves, kaelthas almost transformed the sunwell into a portal for unspeakable evil, like alleria.
    The blood elves live in a society radiated by the light that kills the undeads, the void elves use necromancy.

That still doesn't explain why Void Elves should get undead/death based customizations.

You would have Void Elves running around looking like Undead Elves.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-08-28 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    That still doesn't explain why Void Elves should get undead/death based customizations.
    the undeads as void elf customization would show us the necromancy affinity of the void elves.
    If you were an undead where would you choose to live in quelthalas where the light would kill you? or telogrus where necromancy is well accepted?

Quote Originally Posted by defibrillator View Post
    There seems to be a genuine misunderstanding about how the shadowlands work. You can't be kept in them by anything other than force. You can leave them freely, the kyrian (who are ex-Great Dark creatures) clearly prove that. If Kael wants to leave, he leaves. It's not like anything can stop him, he just needs to cry to the player characters and they'll bully all of the Eternal Ones until they let him go.
    We've only seen the Kyrian able to leave, along with creatures created in the Shadowlands specifically (Like the Dreadlords).

In fact, they make it a pretty big point that only the Kyrian can ferry souls to the afterlife.

Kael'thas falls into neither situation. On top of that, Prince Renathal already expressed interest in Kael'thas possibly becoming one of the Harvesters.

Will there be new Harvesters of Envy and Dread?

Undoubtedly, though it will take time and the right... candidates.
    I believe that is the correct word. We have never formally inducted a new Harvester. They were always appointed by Denathrius, the individual often groomed for decades before assuming the role.
    We shall begin our search of souls and venthyr who have the adequate skill sets and acumen. Those who share our values and have the power to back it up. There are many I can think of who might suffice.
    Take young Kael'thas, for instance. Were he further along in his penance, I might consider him...
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Prince_Renathal#Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    We've only seen the Kyrian able to leave, along with creatures created in the Shadowlands specifically (Like the Dreadlords).
    Draka and the Burning Legion outpost?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    This could make for very interesting and intriguing storylines. For example, Lor'themar Theron refusing to accept his return, and both he and Rommath blaming Kael'thas for his betrayal and everything that happened in the past.
    I don't want him to come back with us, but I do want this addressed in Shadowlands. If anything it seems like he's currently being groomed to be a full time Venthyr.

"Would he make a good leader for the Horde side?"

We literally just got done kicking out all of our worst Horde leaders, and you want to bring back one of the first to betray us to the Burning Legion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.