8 6.35%
  • ★★★☆ [3/4]

22 17.46%
  • ★★★★ [4/4]

90 71.43%
Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    The MJ in this movie is ugly and gross, give me the MJ from 2002, that one was kino.
    ‘Ugly and gross’.

Would love to see what you look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    My take on the Toomes thing is it could to either way. Why reveal such valuable info if you want to get your own revenge? Or he doesn’t fully hate Peter. I kinda wish we knew what was up with Liz.
    She's living in Oregon. I would not be surprised to learn that her mother has since re-married and she has a step-brother named Mark.

It's also possible Liz got snapped and blipped....which would, at least partially, mean Toomes owes Peter again.

Toomes feels Peter is something personal. He seems to have a sense of honor and I believe will ...in a roundabout way, protect Peter's identity from becoming public knowledge. If nothing else, if Mary Jane is still seeing Peter, other baddies won't understand the connection. By keeping Pete's secret safe, he keeps MJ safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Toomes feels Peter is something personal. He seems to have a sense of honor and I believe will ...in a roundabout way, protect Peter's identity from becoming public knowledge.
    Bit late for that now.

If nothing else, if Mary Jane is still seeing Peter, other baddies won't understand the connection. By keeping Pete's secret safe, he keeps MJ safe.
    Toomes has no connection to MJ. Liz is his daughter...and she's in Oregon.

Ack...confused MJ with Liz... I'll go back to sleep now...

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I have a theory that the vulture sees the sinister six in this movie and decides to make his own team

- - - Updated - - -

at this point it is now a new marvel tradition for everyone to be mephisto until mephisto is revealed
    They should go back to making those shorts that they did at times in phases 1&2 which is basically called Mephisto. It's canon and silly but it ends with there being absolutely no Mephisto.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah its already confirmed its Mephisto. Theres a devil in disguise poster when peter walks into school so its 100% happening now.

#Mconfirmed
    there were also some hints at Mephisto in WandaVision

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    there were also some hints at Mephisto in WandaVision
    the real question is whether or not all the mephisto hints have been marvel fucking with us or actual building.

part of me feels like people got so caught up in predicting mephisto that now marvel is like lets drop some red herrings to fuck with people because ever since phase 4 started everybody has been mephisto crazy
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    the real question is whether or not all the mephisto hints have been marvel fucking with us or actual building.

part of me feels like people got so caught up in predicting mephisto that now marvel is like lets drop some red herrings to fuck with people because ever since phase 4 started everybody has been mephisto crazy
    yeah it could be a massive red herring. Plus Mephisto is a pretty major villain and we already have Kang the Conqueror confirmed as one

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    I would really like it if it's Tobey giving the great power great responsibility speech to Tom's Spiderman
    Leaks says he is indeed going to give him the speech, that is awesome btw

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Leaks says he is indeed going to give him the speech, that is awesome btw
    Ugh, that would be a major eye roll moment since the MCU has already covered “the speech” in their own way back in Civil War.

Not only that but seeing as how they de-aged Alfred Molina, presumably that would apply to Tobey as well (even though he’s already blessed with anti-aging genetics). Having him play the role of mentor to Tom in anyway would just fall flat. Both MCU Tony Stark and Into the Spiderverse handled that better.

I’m still crossing my fingers that the multiple Spider-Man thing is extremely minor at best. There still hasn’t been any rock solid evidence that they will even be in the movie.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure I’d call it awesome since Peter already gave the speech to Tony. It’s basically someone repeating what he already knows in different words. Thanks, already got it. Wanna focus on fixing this multiverse problem?
    i don't think the speech he gave to tony is that good or is the same one, is like proto version of it , yeah if you have powers and don't do things people get hurt because of you is good, but with great powers come great responsibilities is beyond people being hurt, is a philosophy not just about being a super hero but being a man or an adult, showing Peter need to have responsibilities beyond just being a superhero with his aunt and friends too, so eh can't just goofy around.

Plus, is just a fucking awesome throwback from the Reimi trilogy, our old peter saying that to the new generation just hit different, is iconic, call fanservice if you want but that rly don't take away or remove the problem of multiverse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Ugh, that would be a major eye roll moment since the MCU has already covered “the speech” in their own way back in Civil War.
    that, like i said, was something minor that does not hit the same way, especially not the same way by being said by the first spider man.
    Not only that but seeing as how they de-aged Alfred Molina, presumably that would apply to Tobey as well (even though he’s already blessed with anti-aging genetics). Having him play the role of mentor to Tom in anyway would just fall flat. Both MCU Tony Stark and Into the Spiderverse handled that better.
    Knowing time and space and different, they could take Octopus from the moment he drown in the river but they could take Spider man like 20 years after that

Anyway, even at that time Tobey peter was already old enough, he don't need to hold his hand and walk with him, but the phase would be amazing, and theaters would go insane

I’m still crossing my fingers that the multiple Spider-Man thing is extremely minor at best. There still hasn’t been any rock solid evidence that they will even be in the movie.

it is probably minor and one of the spiders, probably Tobey, will die

About evidences, there is plenty of solid ones, like Tobey and Mj actress around the footages, Garfield too, leaked photos of then both and even from Dafoe green goblin

Knowing time and space and different, they could take Octopus from the moment he drown in the river but they could take Spider man like 20 years after that

Anyway, even at that time Tobey peter was already old enough, he don't need to hold his hand and walk with him, but the phase would be amazing, and theaters would go insane
    Yeah they could possibly make Tobey look like someone well into their 40's, but still it would really be pushing it. On the one hand it's great for Tobey that he just naturally looks and sounds younger than his age, but on the other hand it makes it really hard to sell him as a grizzled mentor type of character. Into the Spiderverse had a really clear and obvious age/maturity/experience difference between Peter and Miles. Something Tobey and Tom just don't have. It would be purely playing on our nostalgia and meta-knowledge that Tobey is in fact 20+ years older than Tom (because he really doesn't look it).
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2021-08-28 at 06:27 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a kid paraphrasing a saying his uncle told him because he felt a little silly calling his power great to IRON MAN.
    and why he didn't say the part about responsibilities? that didn't sound silly.

Yet, like you said, is a kid saying something, close to the point the original phrase have, i see no reason if the 3 peters come together to discuss before the final struggle and Tobey spider say that to him consolidating the idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Yeah they could possibly make Tobey look like someone well into their 40's, but still it would really be pushing it. On the one hand it's great for Tobey that he just naturally looks and sounds younger than his age, but on the other hand it makes it really hard to sell him as a grizzled mentor type of character. Into the Spiderverse had a really clear and obvious age/maturity/experience difference between Peter and Miles. Something Tobey and Tom just don't have. It would be purely playing on our nostalgia and meta-knowledge that Tobey is in fact 20+ years older than Tom (because he really doesn't look it).

don't know man , he look old enough to me, compared to Tom

But like i said, it does not need to be a big thing, or a huge mentor situation since their appearance will be minor.

And yes, of course it does have fanservice on it, but i think it still makes sense knowing their personalities

- - - Updated - - -

He literally did. He said when you have the power to do something and don’t it’s your fault that the bad shit happens. That’s a responsibility to use your power for good. Or, as his Uncle would say…
    that is not what "literally" mean, you know that right? he try to say something similar, with other words, and they just don't hit like the line from the other movie, not even close

plus, it was a throwaway thing in someone else movie, its the perfect opportunity to mature his mentality with an older Peter saying that

i don't think the speech he gave to tony is that good or is the same one, is like proto version of it , yeah if you have powers and don't do things people get hurt because of you is good, but with great powers come great responsibilities is beyond people being hurt, is a philosophy not just about being a super hero but being a man or an adult, showing Peter need to have responsibilities beyond just being a superhero with his aunt and friends too, so eh can't just goofy around.
    It's a much more personal way of saying the same thing. It hints at Peter's origin without having to spend 45 minutes of the movie building up to the death of Uncle Ben.

that is not what "literally" mean, you know that right? he try to say something similar, with other words, and they just don't hit like the line from the other movie, not even close

plus, it was a throwaway thing in someone else movie, its the perfect opportunity to mature his mentality with an older Peter saying that
    I do agree with Vegas on this as well. The two phrases both convey the same meaning which is at the core of Spider-man; that having super powers means you have the responsibility to do good with them. It's an important thing for young Peter Parker to learn in his origin story movie, but Tom's Parker is already past that point (presumably having heard the words from his own Uncle Ben) and already understands that the powers he has need to be used to help people.

Basically, having someone tell MCU Spider-man "with great power comes great responsibility" doesn't add anything to the character because he likely has already hear those words and he certainly already lives his life by them.

Another weird thing about including the Tobey and Andrew versions is that the experiences they had in their respective movies kinda pale in comparison to what Tom's version has gone through with Infinity War and Endgame alone. Tobey Peter had the experience with the symbiote which was pretty unique and Andrew's watched his girlfriend die, meanwhile Tom's Peter went to space, fought Thanos, got turned to dust, then came back and watched his father figure sacrifice his life to save the world. This whole multiverse thing is a pretty neat way of bringing back the great actors that played these classic villains rather than just recasting them, but I really don't think the alternate Spider-men add anything to MCU Spider-man.

And yes, of course it does have fanservice on it, but i think it still makes sense knowing their personalities
    I don't think you understand the "fanservice". You're treating the line like it was something they came up with in the movie...but it was already "fanservice" when Uncle Ben says it. "With Great Power comes Great Responsibility" is from the comics (Well, it's older than that...but that's where it originates in Spider-Man lore). Peter's been saying that shit for almost 60 years now.

What Peter says has the exact same meaning...but it's phrased in the way a teenager would phrase it. It hints that he, like pretty much every incarnation of Spider-Man before him, didn't do something when he had the power to do so and as a result...Uncle Ben ends up getting killed.

you're all kind of assuming its going to be coming from a mentor holier than thou approach.

for all we know it could be a one off or maybe theyre talking about uncle ben and tobey says with great power comes great responsibility

mj exists in toms universe but shes also not mary jane at the same time so besides mj theres nothing but uncle ben tying the spider-men together especially not andrew with gwen at least with tom

what if uncle ben and the whole great power thing is just a bonding moment, a "hey were different but the same" type deal, they all live their lives trying to honor bens words so maybe despite their differences the spider totems can all work together

im also hoping for a spider vs spider fight. whether its tom vs tom or any of the others i think an evil spider-man or even just like a misunderstanding like thor in avengers would be dope i think tom vs tobey would be the biggest especially if they leave it at a draw i could see people bitching and arguing over who wouldve won for years
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

you're all kind of assuming its going to be coming from a mentor holier than thou approach.
    One guy is assuming that. The rest of us are just commenting on how Tom's Spidey doesn't need Tobey's Spidey to lecture him about power and responsibility. Tom's Spidey already gets it.

mj exists in toms universe but shes also not mary jane at the same time so besides mj theres nothing but uncle ben tying the spider-men together especially not andrew with gwen at least with tom
    They also all have Aunt May. They're all orphans. They're all shit at holding up to their commitments as Peter Parker. They've all had mentors that turned out to be Super-Villains. They're all incredibly bad at keeping their secret identity actually secret.