Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think there is a fundamental issue of perspective here.
    A WoW druid is not what you think a druid is.

It's obvious when you think about a druid you imagine a forest hobo who talks to animals, the most basic interpretation of what a druid is basically in general fantasy.

I think we have examples of that in-game as well.
    Restoration druids are supposed to fall into that category actually.

Balance Druids are simply different, which is good because its unique.

10+ Year Old Account
    they should give a glyph to turn yellow sun nature into green nature...

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    they should give a glyph to turn yellow sun nature into green nature...
    I'd rather have one that switches to Drust-based Life/Death instead of Sun/Moon.

... Nope.

Balance Druid, Sun and Moon, nature shit. More suitable for Tauren and Nelves in particular imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    ... Nope.

Balance Druid, Sun and Moon, nature shit. More suitable for Tauren and Nelves in particular imo.
    NIGHT elves dealing with sun, how logical is that this is just clunky

5+ Year Old Account
    It’s a part of your celestial ancestry. Don’t forget that Eonar and Aman’thul are also druids.

NIGHT elves dealing with sun, how logical is that this is just clunky
    Well, it's about Balance. If you're dealing with the Moon, you gotta deal with the Sun as well.

On the other hand, Kul Tirans are explicitly descended from Drust Druids, so Life/Death would make much more sense for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, it's about Balance. If you're dealing with the Moon, you gotta deal with the Sun as well.

On the other hand, Kul Tirans are explicitly descended from Drust Druids, so Life/Death would make much more sense for them.
    balance between arcane and nature not moon and sun

balance between arcane and nature not moon and sun
    In that case your previous argument makes no sense. You sure you want to go with that?

And thematically, it's very much Moon and Sun, not arcane and nature, that'd be game mechanics.

What bothers me most about Druids being solar/lunar themed is that it means we have no class in the game focused on nature magic. The cosmology chart has everything covered by playable classes except nature, and that is the role Druids should be taking.

Chaos: Warlock, Demon Hunter
    Arcane: Mage, Druid
    Death: Deathknight
    Light: Paladin, Priest, (maybe Druids as solar?)
    Void: Priest
    Life: Nothing
    Last edited by Kohtra; 2021-09-04 at 05:00 PM.

Would nature as we know it to be, exist if earth lacked a sun or moon?

The spells I cast as a Druid are almost exclusively Nature: Rejuvenation, Regrowth, Lifebloom, Wild Growth, Tranquility, Innervate, Flourish, Efflorescence, Swiftmend, Rebirth, Sunfire, Wrath, Barkskin, and Ironbark are all Nature spells.

Other than Moonfire and maybe weaving in some Starfires and Starsurges, I cast practically only Nature spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    In that case your previous argument makes no sense. You sure you want to go with that?

And thematically, it's very much Moon and Sun, not arcane and nature, that'd be game mechanics.
    NIGHT elf = arcane, nature
    how does that make no sense ?

Since Titans are cosmic entities, it's not hard to imagine that Arcane naturally exist as astral power. And since the sun, moon, stars are part of environment it doesn't bother me one bit to see them appear as spells.

Don't let the cosmology chart get too much to your heads. Just because it's Arcane doesn't mean it can be wielded by a class heavily tied to Nature.

Druids are about the whole environment, they have powers tied to fauna, flora, but they also control winds (And I don't see anyone complaining that it's supposed to be a shaman thing). Powers from the stars are not too far fetched, since the day-night cycle is essential to every living thing. Plus I guess it was quite novel for the druid concept in fantasy.

NIGHT elf = arcane, nature
    how does that make no sense ?
    Mostly because you're mixing up different concepts there and you were specificially complaining about the sun, not what kinds of magic Night Elves deal in.

Night Elves also venerate Elune, the Moon Goddess.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Druids are about the whole environment, they have powers tied to fauna, flora, but they also control winds (And I don't see anyone complaining that it's supposed to be a shaman thing). Powers from the stars are not too far fetched, since the day-night cycle is essential to every living thing. Plus I guess it was quite novel for the druid concept in fantasy.
    Fantasy yes, RL druids most likely dealt in astrology as much as any other priest type during that age. (Remember that back then, astrology was considered serious business.)

Fantasy yes, RL druids most likely dealt in astrology as much as any other priest type during that age. (Remember that back then, astrology was considered serious business.)
    Absolutely true. So they both managed to distance themselves from their Diablo 2 vision of druidism and still tie it to a form of RL druidism. It was a good move, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly because you're mixing up different concepts there and you were specificially complaining about the sun, not what kinds of magic Night Elves deal in.

Night Elves also venerate Elune, the Moon Goddess.
    yes they venerate the moon goddess, which is the opposite of sun, sun shouldn't be used at all by night elf druids, it shall be green colored nature

yes they venerate the moon goddess, which is the opposite of sun, sun shouldn't be used at all by night elf druids, it shall be green colored nature
    You're real caught up on the word Night in their name, which doesn't mean they hate the sun. They aren't vampires. They're elves that worship Elune. They call themselves Night Elves as an homage to her. They are also known as the children of the stars. Stars are solar.

I stopped playing a druid when they became solar/lunar. It was the nature-part that brought me in and I remember not enjoying starfire because it felt weird.

We dont really have a nature/earth based class anymore.
    Shaman has a few pebbles and a shield, not enough! :P

I don't mind some sun/moon spells but to revolve the entire spec around it was extremely stupid and the moon shit really only fits night elves. I'd much prefer if the spec used spells more akin to insect swarm, hurricane, typhoon, entangling roots, wrath, etc. Druids aren't supposed to be arcane mages.