Thread: Tales of Arise

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's just good to see fresh air breath into the series. Shit was getting stagnate as hell and every release after Graces F started to get worse and worse(Berseria was better then Zesteria as an exception but still not by much).

I never managed to finish Berseria, just never clicked with me for some reason. I do want to give it another go at some point though.

Yeah, I just preordered, super hyped.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's just good to see fresh air breath into the series. Shit was getting stagnate as hell and every release after Graces F started to get worse and worse(Berseria was better then Zesteria as an exception but still not by much).
    I mean i get it, but that can lead to botw which neither if us like all that much

Game feels setup to succeed. This website says Tales of Symphonia sold 2.4m

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/t...rst-time-ever/

Any way Arise could surpass that?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I mean i get it, but that can lead to botw which neither if us like all that much
    A big problem was they're churning out the games so damn fast to begin with. Between 2008-2016 I think there was like 7 tales released. 3D Zeldas aren't released often enough that they have to change formula up to the shitty ass motion controls in SS or the empty boring world of BoTW. That was just the usual nintendo trying to innovate for the sake of it.

A 5 year break and coming back with much improved visuals and a global launch is pretty much what Tales needed. Dunno if Arise will end up being even near the top of the series for me but at least it will start growing it again instead of the stagnate shit it was becoming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post

Definitely feels like the game is getting a lot more publicity than previous games in the series, so I think it's likely that it'll surpass Symphonia in sales.

I dunno about it surpassing Symphonia which got rereleases on both PS3 and PC, especially when the game is setup to bomb in Japan due to lack of Switch version. It should easily become the highest selling Tales game in the west tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post

You can't predict Black Swan's like Persona 5, but personally from what I've seen, Tales isn't as popular in the West as it used to be. Then again, perhaps there are more people tired of Western AAA crap that might be willing to try this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    You can't predict Black Swan's like Persona 5, but personally from what I've seen, Tales isn't as popular in the West as it used to be. Then again, perhaps there are more people tired of Western AAA crap that might be willing to try this out.
    I was thinking with the relatively sparse release window, high metacritic, appealing graphics, decent buzz, and hungry "next gen" userbase along with being cross gen and cross platform may help, but as mentioned above since it isn't releasing on Switch it will likely have a harder time in Japan(where I assume a large amount of sales would originate for a game like this). Also, imo, right now games with PS5 versions on the Playstation store have an advantage of visibility just due to how the placement is setup. I think the box art is eyecatching as well.

I thought of comparisons to Persona 5 myself(but I also highly doubt this game is that same level of quality). I didn't want to mention this because I haven't played Scarlet Nexus, but from the outside it felt to me like Scarlet Nexus was to Tales of Arise what Catherine was to Persona 5. A learning experience for a larger scale game that can also be spun into a new IP and turn a profit. A way to be on the second try, on the first try. A manipulation of iteration, which implies competence and grand strategy at Bandai Namco. Either way, it feels like they got their ducks in row over there, and I'm glad for them. I preordered, so they got my money too.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-09-08 at 07:52 PM.

lol reviews trying to call out the booster DLCs really must be new to Tales, I agree they are shit but come on now acting like bandai namco just starting doing this is bullshit. Let me introduce you to 2008 Tales of Vesperia...

Maybe should of made a stink about it over a decade ago instead of letting it go because they have been in every Tales game since then. Oh I forgot, it wasn't cool to call out microtransactions back then it was "zomg cool dlc innovation"

as soon as I get back home on Saturday It will be on my pc. And guess what, I just finished berseria 5 days ago. I am hyped but was wondering money is a bit tight, should I just stick with the base edition? what colors do they offer for deluxe etc? is there a page where I can see colors, costumes so that I can decide if the base game or upgrade to expensive versions?

So many good reviews. Might have to do a last minute preorder on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    as soon as I get back home on Saturday It will be on my pc. And guess what, I just finished berseria 5 days ago. I am hyped but was wondering money is a bit tight, should I just stick with the base edition? what colors do they offer for deluxe etc? is there a page where I can see colors, costumes so that I can decide if the base game or upgrade to expensive versions?
    I found this video that I think only shows the ultimate upgrade costumes but I'm not sure I just skimmed through it:

Seems like the guy got the game early or something.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-09-09 at 03:25 AM.

@qwerty123456 oh thank you for the vid, I do not usually find costumes appealing. Their original clothes best fit them in rpgs. But there are exceptions sometimes. Or some better color tints. I will watch the whole vid after I go back home. Thanks again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    lol reviews trying to call out the booster DLCs really must be new to Tales, I agree they are shit but come on now acting like bandai namco just starting doing this is bullshit. Let me introduce you to 2008 Tales of Vesperia...

Maybe should of made a stink about it over a decade ago instead of letting it go because they have been in every Tales game since then. Oh I forgot, it wasn't cool to call out microtransactions back then it was "zomg cool dlc innovation"
    Since like, what, Tales of Vesperia's original release on Xbox 360 these have been a thing.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait to get rinwell in the team i loved how her arts worked in the demo.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Seems like the guy got the game early or something.
    I really hope they sell those costume packs as separate dlc.

This game is looking incredible. I preordered physical and they are not getting in until next week, but I preordered 2 copies after the reviews, one for me, one for my brother.

If you're a completionist be wary there are things you can miss out through progress, such as skits and collectables (owls), requiring you to replay the game again if you want their associated achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    If you're a completionist be wary there are things you can miss out through progress, such as skits and collectables (owls), requiring you to replay the game again if you want their associated achievements.
    That's how Tales games always work. You aren't expected to do everything in a single play through and some things may only be available in new game+.