Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Since unlocking the tints can only be done on the character that earned the original appearance, I want to consolidate my Mage Tower appearances across just 12 characters so I at least don't have to unlock tints on more characters than that.
    I really wish I had done them all on one faction back then.. kind of pain to play my alliance alts these days.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

really hope there is more to it than recolors. Then again, since they are reusing old encounters I think they just gonna be a "timewalking" thing which is mostly just a museum. So you can see the fights, doubt there will be much challenge in them. Hopefully I get happily surprised though.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I already have all 36 appearances unlocked, but I'd likely do them again regardless even without new rewards just because my Mage Tower appearances are spread out across more than just 12 characters.

Since unlocking the tints can only be done on the character that earned the original appearance, I want to consolidate my Mage Tower appearances across just 12 characters so I at least don't have to unlock tints on more characters than that.
    Forget about that people. If Blizzard bring back one FOMO it will undermine all future FOMOs, which keep many people play on last patch.

I see only chance for that if Classic will continue after Wrath and at some point Blizzard will join classic and modern account wide achievs, but it wouldn't help in your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    really hope there is more to it than recolors. Then again, since they are reusing old encounters I think they just gonna be a "timewalking" thing which is mostly just a museum. So you can see the fights, doubt there will be much challenge in them. Hopefully I get happily surprised though.
    For me it will be enough if fight will require you to follow mechanics. So 7.3 gear tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Anima grind is still bad. Still nothing to do in game.
    Imagine on same breath accusing game of having grinds for casuals and nothing to do for casuals (not to mention Anima rains from the sky right now).
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-09-09 at 09:12 AM.

I hate the concept of timewalking to be honest. It usually means badly scaled old content that they never seem to get right because the game is simply not designed to work that way. So given how the game works, i would rather have a new similar challenge designed with the current expansion class balanace paradigm in mind.

But content having an expire date, be it because they remove it or because we outlevel it, is one of the reasons why i believe this game needs a hard reset that allows to make a modern MMORPG without the current core limitations they have.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

There's still too much fundamentally wrong with the game (as well as the Blizz design philosophy and mentality, even ignoring the lawsuit issues). Bringing back successful systems and iterating on them instead of trashing them is a step in the right direction... but for me, that's just one step on a long journey they need to make in order to get me interested in coming back. They've exhausted the goodwill and trust of many players who actually want to love the game, but as the saying goes: trust is easy to lose, but hard to gain.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

5+ Year Old Account
    Mage tower time walking. I dislike that idea. I rather have some new form of challenge with completely new content and rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be a nice thing to have again. I don't know if it's worth coming back for but since I never left maybe I'm not a fair judge of that. It doesn't seem to me that running mage tower is worth $15/month but that is just me.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    There are signs of a coming 9.1.5 patch. Probably, Blizzard would implement a little bit of lore, reduce the grind, and maybe they implement a Legion time walking.

What if they decide to return the Mage Tower?

Would your return 1 week just try to get the artifact skins?

Do you think WoW's subs are so low that Blizzard needs to bring back this popular feature?
    Nah. The game is lacking severly in many aspects right now. I am happy with TBCC for now.
    Also if it is just another recolor of an existing set you get.... *yawn*

If the rewards are the recolored sets they should give them to characters who already did the challenge with that exact character, no point of doing it again.

If the rewards are still the weapon skin, and the ilvl is synced to it, so no gear power creep, good chance to do it with the classes i didnt play back in legion

I would certainly stay subbed if MT would return as TW, though I really don't know how they would handle Legion artifacts and legendarys for characters which are above Legion max level content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    Magetower was a great side activity, nothing more. It's not he holy grail of wow, and a watered down timewalking version would probably turn out bad.

I hope for myself that they scrap these dumb systems they waste their time on and create new, engaging types of content like the magetower.
    It was popular enough during its run and people obsessively bitch about Blizzard removing content from the game. A planned reappearance makes all kinds of sense given that. I'm not saying it's a great thing necessarily but Blizzard has clearly heard the general tone of comments about both of those things and appears to be responding.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I have all 36 base skins from Mage Tower unlocked and it certainly wouldn't hurt me in the least if other players still had the chance to obtain them. Just as I would love to obtain all the fantastic elite gladiator sets that are no longer available to players.

But last time Blizzard even hinted of the possibility of allowing players to unlock legacy elite gladiator sets, the pvp community on the official forums practically revolted. I've never seen them as united behind a single cause as that, pvp vendors included.

I suspect a lot of players who earned the Mage Tower skins back then may protest their renewed availability as well.

If you ask me, timed-exclusivity rewards should be a thing of the past, but there's also no denying that it encourages me to acquire a lot of items I wouldn't otherwise bother acquiring. Probably helps fuel engagement metrics as well.
    Then they just should bring back one recoloured skin from Mage Tower, thus making people who already have all also interested in participating.
    They reused the MoP Challenge sets in Legion, though tuned down a bit.

The mage tower should not return as a time walking event, they should make a new mage tower, one which they can expand with new bosses every other patch or so.

Then they could add a new system, instead of timewalking, you have time locked challenges, the new mage tower, once out of date, would receive a time locked version, it stays as is, characters get a temporary set of gear upon entering and the same talents/scaling as was available at that moment. That way blizzard would never have to rebalance the thing. You simply pick "MoP mage tower" and you play as a MoP version of your character, with MoP gear, MoP scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by LostSinclair View Post
    I'm wondering if the recolored Tier sets might be for people who already got all 36 unlocks.

I'm hoping they do bring back the weapon xmogs though. I only got a little more than half during legion, and unfortunately you can't unlock different tints of those unless you use the original character for it... and for me thats on a dead server where I'm not sure half my original characters are even still active. This would fix a lot of things for me if it ends up being true.
    Bringing back the weapon xmogs will remove another large number of players from the game who will not return. Getting trust back after BfA and SL and THEN breaking that promise - big, big risk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    The mage tower should not return as a time walking event, they should make a new mage tower, one which they can expand with new bosses every other patch or so.

Then they could add a new system, instead of timewalking, you have time locked challenges, the new mage tower, once out of date, would receive a time locked version, it stays as is, characters get a temporary set of gear upon entering and the same talents/scaling as was available at that moment. That way blizzard would never have to rebalance the thing. You simply pick "MoP mage tower" and you play as a MoP version of your character, with MoP gear, MoP scaling.
    That's just not really possible as of how the game is peogramned and designed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by confety View Post
    If the rewards are the recolored sets they should give them to characters who already did the challenge with that exact character, no point of doing it again.

If the rewards are still the weapon skin, and the ilvl is synced to it, so no gear power creep, good chance to do it with the classes i didnt play back in legion
    This, it's really a win - win situation. Would I be happy to farm the last 4 skins I need? Yes. Would I be happy about "just" the sets? Hell yes. Personally I think the best way would be to allow the re-farm of the skins (maybe just the first tint or a recolour) aswell as giving the sets to people who finish all challenges of that class. Cosmetics should be used because of their looks anyways, not because of FOMO.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I'd be very happy if they added another way to get the Werebear form back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Bringing back the weapon xmogs will remove another large number of players from the game who will not return. Getting trust back after BfA and SL and THEN breaking that promise - big, big risk.
    Good riddance. I mean imagine being such an insecure..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

still playing, however I'd lol if blizzard actually caved and gave the whiners a chance at mt cosmetics because that'd open the literal floodgates.

If you had half a brain during legion you'd have all 36, its not like there was anything else to do, anyway.

No. I could have done it in legion, if i wanted to. Its great if its added back, but its not like some kind of new experience. You might as well ask me if id return for a 5 mask clear.

While I can sympathize with the side who missed out on things and want a second chance to obtain it, I also feel it devalues the time and effort others have put in. You would reward the people who play 20% of every expansion by giving them a new chance to get something, and you would punish the players who stay subbed. But even as someone who has stayed mostly subbed through the years (except for breaks in Wotlk, Cata and WoD when I felt the game wasn't fun) I have also missed out on a few things.

I feel really bad I didn't get the Challenge Mode sets on more classes (especially since my current main since Legion doesn't have that set) but I also fully understand that Blizz giving me a second chance to get it would also devalue the people who made an effort to get it on multiple classes. Mage Tower is in a similar area imo.