Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Question. How did you feel about the team pulling Tua at several occasions to do gimmick plays?

Across all of them combined they were a net positive for the Dolphins, but, it felt odd to run that many gimmick plays and take your QB out of the game and not just run your offense.

You didn't really gain that much from it, so I can't help but think that just running your offense would have just been a more straightforward way to get yards, with added benefits of having an actual passing threat.

Not to mention you must have put actual time into practicing these plays, which, if this was just a Patriots wrinkle seems like it could have gone into plays that are more broadly useful.

Idk, it all seemed weird to me to take all that effort just to disrupt the flow of your offense and I wondered what someone who I assume followed the team more than I did thinks.
    It wasn't an issue at all.

It also wasn't gimmick plays, it was just QB sneaks. Jacoby Brissett is bigger, so you put him for sneaks. It does two things, 1) saves Tua from the punishment and 2) it sets up the fake sneak sometime later in the season, where Brissett can drop a dime to wide open Waddle for 6.

QBs are not made by QB sneaks so its not hurting his development at all.

The only thing that got weird was the delay penalty after the sneak, but all they were trying to do was draw NE offsides, thinking they might get squirrely since Brissett was in all of a sudden. But it was worth it, IMO, as both sneaks got the firsts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IsolatedIncident View Post
    I thought it was interesting, i see it almost how Sean Payton uses Hill for gadget plays. Granted you pull out all of the tricks against Bill and the Pats. Jacoby is just a little bigger and if it's a designed run i rather seem Jacoby take the hits over Tua. The plays i know for sure were practiced as situational football and they executed when it came time to produce.

As a fan I'm glad Miami got the win in New England (it never happens usually) but the offense was sloppy Tua played a good not great game, his interception was a head scratcher but the receivers had a chance to make the play and didn't. I'm concerned about the run defense and 3rd efficiency on offense and defense. The patriots straight up gashed us and the offense when faced with a 3rd and longer than 5+ yards it was a mess. Granted the Patriots defense with majority of their talent on the field are a challenge it's still concerning.
    For the record, Tua played waaaaay better than J Allen did against Belichick last year and had very similar stats to what Mahomes did against Belichick last year as well.

I just think its tough to play in Foxboro.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I dont recall him struggling in Foxboro last year Allen torched the Patriots for i think 300+ yards and 4 TD's? Their first meeting Allen played bad but that was also in Buffalo not Foxboro. I think Tua played a good game just not a great one, i loved that throw to Parker on 3rd down just putting it where only Parker could grab it. I want to see more of that chemistry and see more of the throws to Waddle. Fuller in addition to these two are going to cause problems.

I dont recall him struggling in Foxboro last year Allen torched the Patriots for i think 300+ yards and 4 TD's? Their first meeting Allen played bad but that was also in Buffalo not Foxboro. I think Tua played a good game just not a great one, i loved that throw to Parker on 3rd down just putting it where only Parker could grab it. I want to see more of that chemistry and see more of the throws to Waddle. Fuller in addition to these two are going to cause problems.
    It'll get there.

The other thing, is that the scripted plays in the beginning of each half, Miami looked like an elite offense, moving the ball at will. Then when the plays weren't;t scripted and the OCs had to call the plays on the fly, the offense got meh. I don't think that's an indictment of the players, but more an issue with the OCs. And for those that don't know, Miami does have 2 offensive coordinators.

Also, we get Will Fuller from suspension back this week. I don't think there's a secondary in the league that can match up against Fuller, Parker, Waddle, Wilson & Gesicki for 60 minutes.

EDIT: On Allen. Yeah, I was going by his first game against NWE last year (in Buff). He was 11 of 18 for 154yds with 0 tds and 1 int. It wasn't in Foxboro, but it was the first time he faced them that year and NE was a worse team on defense in 2020 then they are now.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2021-09-13 at 06:37 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    It'll get there.

The other thing, is that the scripted plays in the beginning of each half, Miami looked like an elite offense, moving the ball at will. Then when the plays weren't;t scripted and the OCs had to call the plays on the fly, the offense got meh. I don't think that's an indictment of the players, but more an issue with the OCs. And for those that don't know, Miami does have 2 offensive coordinators.

Also, we get Will Fuller from suspension back this week. I don't think there's a secondary in the league that can match up against Fuller, Parker, Waddle, Wilson & Gesicki for 60 minutes.

EDIT: On Allen. Yeah, I was going by his first game against NWE last year (in Buff). He was 11 of 18 for 154yds with 0 tds and 1 int. It wasn't in Foxboro, but it was the first time he faced them that year and NE was a worse team on defense in 2020 then they are now.
    I noticed that too, the play calls were super questionable when it was off script. It does give some hope the offense will get it right, Tua looked way more comfortable yesterday when on script. Definitely on the OC's i agree, i'm sure they will get it right this season, they need to be ready for Buffalo next week cant have a repeat of last year.

Fuller, Waddle, Park, Geiscki, and Wilson i want to see a track meet where defenses are picking their poison.
    Last edited by IsolatedIncident; 2021-09-13 at 06:50 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing like waking up to a monday triple dose of Week 1 Recap podcasts.

Missed this.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The vast majority still loves Brady, and it hurts to see him being this good still and not on the Patriots. There's pockets of fans who have moved on or are even mad at him for leaving, but in my experience most fans are still his fans, especially if he;s not playing the Patriots.

That's why I posted Week 4 will be awful. He'll be at the Patriots and you can BET he'll want to win that one, and with the quality of his team and the Patriots lack of corners, he almost certainly will. And that's going to suck.

- - - Updated - - -

lol

Punt to the 5 yard line
    Penalty, re-kick
    Punt to the 5 yard line
    Return to the 10 yard line
    Penalty, half distance to the goal
    Ball at the 5 yard line

Why even bother with it all xD
    i wish he would have been on the patriots last year so he would have 1 less superbowl people act like TB wasnt exactly one qurterbac short of a great team. if he was here last year, we wouldnt have sniffed a superbowl.

Think Ron Rivera calls up Cam Newton?
    It would be tough, because Rivera came out hard in favor of vaccines (rightfully so).

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    It would be tough, because Rivera came out hard in favor of vaccines (rightfully so).
    Rivera just threw cold water on that fire saying they need guys who can be available lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if the anti-vax crazies will try and make Newton into their Kaepernick.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Being available means not having 2 weeks off because you’re unvaccinated and come in contact with covid carriers.
    I know what it means, that's just what Rivera said.

10+ Year Old Account
    My god that Stadium looks incredible full.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making the final preseason game count has had some interesting results.

- - - Updated - - -

Crosby came to play.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Maxx Crosby is going to have a DPOY quality season if he stays healthy. Dude's been balling for two seasons straight with little recognition.

- - - Updated - - -

Derek Carr seems to think that being in Vegas for a year makes you an expert gambler.

That or his trying to convert everyone in that stadium to Christianity, because I'm about to start praying to God whenever he throws deep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Defense gambling on 4th down too.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Like, who *didnt* think it would be a run up the middle.

Apart from the Raiders defence it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Carr looks dreadful. And they got Mariota hurt on a bullshit Taysom Hill play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tough matchup for the ESPN crew too with these similar named teams, I think I'm watching the Ravers vs. the Raidens but I'm not sure. I don't like the Manning sidebar or I would try them.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    They Manning cast is good, but yeah don't need to actually see them commentate. Bad enough the ESPN score bug takes up a 5th the screen with the ticker. Also, ESPN is owned by Disney... they can't afford to send them to the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    The one time Carr isn't looking at Waller, he's wide open for miles.

10+ Year Old Account
    All these crab graphics remind me, I can wear my #2 Saints jersey again now that Winston is starting, as long as nobody looks at the nameplate.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus refs, how do you let them get away with such a blatant hold by Villanueva?
    /s