Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How Lei Shen's consorts weren't his concubines, but his elite bodyguards

It's a lengthy article from a Russian blogger mostly focused on talking about lore from various fantasy settings and video games. From me. This post is about the Twin Empyreans never being concubines, but bodyguards instead:

https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraftlor...uards_and_not/
    https://twitter.com/KiraserHQ/status...86971228016648

What does it matter if they were his consorts? Don't emperors have consorts? Why shouldn't that be shown if you're doing a palace raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    What does it matter if they were his consorts? Don't emperors have consorts? Why shouldn't that be shown if you're doing a palace raid?
    BECOZ RESPEKT WAHMEN!

But seriously it shouldn't matter. At all.

Why can't they be both?

He literally made female mogu when all others were male. Just because they were elite bodyguards doesn't mean they weren't also consorts.

It's just a completely pointless retcon that harms what little Mogu lore we have.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I hope they remove all combat because combat is violent and violence should not be encouraged. Everyone needs to feel safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Honestly i prefer it this way. It paints Mogu as perfect Gachi-society untainted by filthy touch of females. Who needs thots with bros like that?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    Hell I am pretty sure that the partners of the British royal family are also called consorts. Such a stupid reason to change

Blizz is about 2 patches away from removing women from the game altogether to protect them.

Blizzard assassinated Prince Philip once they realized he'd been officially called a consort for 60+ years.

Also, I don't see why Lei Shen couldn't have his specially designed fembots be able to fight as well as be the only one in the empire who could get laid.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-09-22 at 07:11 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Blizzard assassinated Prince Philip once they realized he'd been officially called a consort for 60+ years.

Also, I don't see why Lei Shen couldn't have his specially designed fembots be able to fight as well as be the only one in the empire who could get laid.
    Who would need fembots when you can have femboys instead?

Cool.

But I guess he fucked them also.

It was normal in the medieval asia(which was MoP designed on) to have concubines if you had the power. You could have one wife(mostly because of the politics) and a few other females for your own amusement/kids.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2021-09-22 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Who would need fembots when you can have femboys instead?
    Lei Shen ruled thousands of years ago, he didn't have tastes that sophisticated yet.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

How dare a bad guy do bad things like make some female minions to be his...while also using machines to make loads of male minions to serve him and die at his leisure anyway.

They've lost all uniqueness in being special made female mogu, and are now just the bestest female mogu fighters ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post

To be fair the link article pointed out that the dragonflight consorts are translated as "spouse" in russian, while the twins are tagged as "concubines".

That said, you'd think they'd just change the russian translation then.
    Last edited by Myradin; 2021-09-22 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    To be fair the link article pointed out that the dragonflight consorts are translated as "spouse" in russian, while the twins are tagged as "concubines".

That said, you'd think they'd just change the russian translation then.
    Supposing that's true, which I can totally believe given how crap some of the localizations are *cough* German *cough*, who cares? Royal concubines are historical fact and Lei Shen is a villainous character who constructed them in that form to begin with out of vanity. But disregarding the fact that baddies doing bad things is a-okay or how the game has no issue premising the plot on the torching of an entirely civilian target something much more graphic than acknowledging that people have sex, the entire thing and the according moves are mostly just pointless.

There's no one alive who was swayed into molesting women because of low res tits on vanilla wall paintings or who went "This evil giant rock man thought having two sexbots is fine, I want to be like him". Even if such hypothetical people existed, they would in no way be discouraged by their removal. No demographic called for this or cared for it, and even those who would like to remove anything that shows more than an ankle wouldn't be satisfied with something this token but instead ask for more.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-09-22 at 07:41 PM.

I'm amazed people care what the relationship of pixel bosses from 3 expansions ago was. Do you really jave nothing more productive to dedicate thoughts to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    I'm amazed people care what the relationship of pixel bosses from 3 expansions ago was. Do you really jave nothing more productive to dedicate thoughts to?
    I don't know, maybe we should ask the people at Blizzard, who actually came up with this change first?

I doubt we get an answer, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why they even bothered changing it, consort is gender neutral regardless whether you're using it as a verb or a noun.

I mean maybe it makes sense to change it in other languages of the game, but the consort as a noun in English is entirely gender neutral. Changing it in English is one of the more pointless changes to make.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2021-09-22 at 08:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiraser View Post
    It's a lengthy article from a Russian blogger mostly focused on talking about lore from various fantasy settings and video games. From me. This post is about the Twin Empyreans never being concubines, but bodyguards instead:

https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraftlor...uards_and_not/
    https://twitter.com/KiraserHQ/status...86971228016648
    Just because they were called Twin Consorts, does not mean they were concubines, loves, partners, or spouses. Consort would also be meaning as an associate, and it is gender-neutral I believe. Nor were they depicted as "sex slaves" but more of a higher rank due to their abilities, and the fact, female Mogu is a rare creation.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..