Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    One the things that made me like the marvel movies and the franchise is the sense of continuity and all the movies that tie then together, in their own universe/timeline, that can "realistic" coexist with the comics universe, they can say is "earth 37917" and everything is fine

This give then freedom to not be trap in the sense of "we have to do things that are exact the same as the HQs", cause people expect they being faithful to the original source, of course, i love when i see something in the movie like i read in the hq, but with MCU being their own universe they can adapt a lot of things and blame the multiverse and variants, and it will be more acceptable than just "fuck it we will change because X reason, or token appearance, yada yada"., this way they can make a movie that everyone can like, comic or super-hero fans or not

I recently watched into the spiderverse(i took me a while cause i usually not into animation movies), but it was awesome, one of my fav things was the Doc Oc variant
    I agree though Marvel's writers have been rather notorious for changing character backstories and things of that nature ie retconning it for various reasons in the last 20 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    so now that marvel can use adamantium

which do you think will be stronger? adamantium or vibranium
    There's not only one type of adamantium but many and that happens for vibranium too.

Wakanda's vibranium, Antarctic Vibranium, Reverbium...there's even Living Vibranium ( a sentient version of it) all with different characteristics.

For example Wakanda's absorbs kinetic energy making it more resistant by storing that energy in the molecular bonds ( until it excedes a limit and it explodes) while Antarctic's have the opposite behavior: instead of absorb it emmits kinetic energy breaking the molecular bonds of the surronding material.

So your question can not be answered precisely because we would have to determine how much kinetic energy is the vibranium (Wakanda's) storing. If we go to the limit ( one punch left to explode) there's not much difference from Adamantium to Vibranium but of course...you have a bomb about to explode in your hands!! That is usually considered a handicap.

On the other side ( this is Marvel abandon any hope of coherence or hard scif-fi) Adamantium has a relative low melting point of 3000ºC - 5500ºF ( that is high for a metal but low for an universe with living gods) so if you are asking (again)....wait ....wait....why the fuck does Ultron ( the comic's one) even exist? If he melts at 3KºC he should be easy target for Thor - lightning excedes that temperature by an hilarious marging - or Human Torch - up to 1 Million ºF.....well,as stated,this is marvel...abandon any hope for coherence.

So what's more resistant? Resistant to what?

Kinetic energy? Adamantium....it's basically indestructible by this mean but the downside is that you are punched by Hulk on your adamantium shield and you are sent 200 m in the air while a vibranium one absorbs the punch.

Thermal energy? Vibranium...it absorbs the energy instead of melting at 3000ºC but the downside is sooner or later you are gonna exceed its maximum capacity and it will explode.

If you are thinking about the MCU I have no doubt...Adamantium will be the king. Why? Because it's still not present and cinema has this trend of "Bigger,Faster,Stronger..." so you will end up in a Banner or a RiRi Williams or a Reed Richards yelling in awe:"This material is stronger that Vibranium!!! I can not believe it!!" /pikachuface

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Something someone pointed out to me - we saw a lot of Hawkeye with his kids in this trailer - but not with his wife.

Is it possible Hawkeye is now divorced, and has the kids for Christmas, and is literally sending them back to the farm once danger arises, so he can have more of a bachelor-esque series in NYC as seen in the Fraction run of Hawkeye?
    At 0:58 he says "Hey babe, I should be back in a day or two". So unless he has side chicks, his wife is likely somewhere around in this series.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    There's not only one type of adamantium but many and that happens for vibranium too.
    i always assumed adamantium was the more resistant and unbreakable after it was worked out, thats why it would be keep in liquid state, once it colds, it could not melt again, But vibranium was more malleable , being able to do a lot of things.

That or the interaction of the best attack vs the best defense kind of thing about the spear and the shield.

But after all this years away from the MCU i would throw a bone and say adamantiun will be king just because it would mean mutants are back

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    I agree though Marvel's writers have been rather notorious for changing character backstories and things of that nature ie retconning it for various reasons in the last 20 years or so.
    indeed, but at least now thy have a free pass to change somethings and still be enjoyable

I advise everyone to watch the animated series What if...?In the Marvel universe. I watched 5 episodes and was satisfied. They promise that there will also be a second season. I'm looking forward to it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    One the things that made me like the marvel movies and the franchise is the sense of continuity and all the movies that tie then together, in their own universe/timeline, that can "realistic" coexist with the comics universe, they can say is "earth 37917" and everything is fine

This give then freedom to not be trap in the sense of "we have to do things that are exact the same as the HQs", cause people expect they being faithful to the original source, of course, i love when i see something in the movie like i read in the hq, but with MCU being their own universe they can adapt a lot of things and blame the multiverse and variants, and it will be more acceptable than just "fuck it we will change because X reason, or token appearance, yada yada"., this way they can make a movie that everyone can like, comic or super-hero fans or not

I recently watched into the spiderverse(i took me a while cause i usually not into animation movies), but it was awesome, one of my fav things was the Doc Oc variant
    Variant Doc Ock was played by Kathryn Hahn in Into the Spider-verse, and she also played "Agnes" in Wandavision. The song she performed in that show just won an emmy and she might still win for best supporting actress too. She's a gem.

I know it's a bit besides the point but I just thought to mention it when you referred to Doc Ock. Maybe you already knew or don't care, in that case, sorry!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Variant Doc Ock was played by Kathryn Hahn in Into the Spider-verse, and she also played "Agnes" in Wandavision. The song she performed in that show just won an emmy and she might still win for best supporting actress too. She's a gem.

I know it's a bit besides the point but I just thought to mention it when you referred to Doc Ock. Maybe you already knew or don't care, in that case, sorry!
    I didn't know that she was Agnes in wandavision no, but that explain why i felt the doc ock was so familiar, but yes, it was pretty fun, love her in into the spiderverse and as Agnes too.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It's lagging in foreign markets because China is hemming and hawing about whether they're going to release it because Simu Li (Shang Chi himself) spoke the truth about China's regime.
    its doubtful most american films will get releases in china anymore, theyre cracking down hard on the entertainment industry and even making vague threats against actors who have dual passports (because theyre illegal to have in china)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    A better question is what metal did Thanos and the Black Order use in their weapons since we saw them fucking up vibranium left and right.
    didnt they say it was uru? dwarven metal
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

7+ Year Old Account
    Did i miss it, or everyone already know they are planning a wolverine movie and Keving Feige want as R-rated? This could be huge.

I also heard about a anthology series with Logan, showing him and what he was doing in all the MCU movie events, Like, while Loki was invading New york we would See what Logan was doing in that event, or when the snap happened, prior or before, that shit would be amazing to watch.

4 days in to her tenure, Marvel Studios’ new 'woke' president Victoria Alonso is considering dropping the 'Men' from 'X-Men' to make the brand more inclusive. Alienating it's current fans notwithstanding, why change a brand that has been around over 50 years and has 7 movies with xmen in the title?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliad View Post
    4 days in to her tenure, Marvel Studios’ new 'woke' president Victoria Alonso is considering dropping the 'Men' from 'X-Men' to make the brand more inclusive. Alienating it's current fans notwithstanding, why change a brand that has been around over 50 years and has 7 movies with xmen in the title?
    She said that 2 years ago, not in the last 4 days. Also haven’t the last 2 Deadpool movies poked fun at this anyway?

Edit: holy shit 10 years between posts? That’s gotta be some kind of record

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    She said that 2 years ago, not in the last 4 days. Also haven’t the last 2 Deadpool movies poked fun at this anyway?

Edit: holy shit 10 years between posts? That’s gotta be some kind of record
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...inclusive.html

says it was a recent podcast

How could it be 10 years between posts if I am a member for 7 years?
    Last edited by Goliad; 2021-09-25 at 02:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? Are you under the impression that fans are stupid enough they won't be able to follow a name change? Particularly given that there's also X-Factor, Mutant X, X-Force, Generation X, Academy X, X-Corp, and a bunch of others?

If you're "alienated" by this kind of change, you're probably not the kind of person who'd be an X-men fan in the first place. Particularly if you're bitching about anything being "woke". X-men was "woke" before "woke" was even a thing. They literally started as an allegory for racism, and morphed into an allegory for LGBT issues in the '90s.

Stan Lee was one of the original Woke. Here's Stan in the 1960s, using comics to call out bigots as stupid, insane, and evil;

Stop shitting on the man's legacy.

- - - Updated - - -

"Join date: Dec 2011."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...inclusive.html

says it was a recent podcast

Daily Mail is known for being misleading. Also your join date is 2011, your most recent post before the one in this thread was 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Why not? Are you under the impression that fans are stupid enough they won't be able to follow a name change? Particularly given that there's also X-Factor, Mutant X, X-Force, Generation X, Academy X, X-Corp, and a bunch of others?

If you're "alienated" by this kind of change, you're probably not the kind of person who'd be an X-men fan in the first place. Particularly if you're bitching about anything being "woke". X-men was "woke" before "woke" was even a thing. They literally started as an allegory for racism, and morphed into an allegory for LGBT issues in the '90s.

Stan Lee was one of the original Woke. Here's Stan in the 1960s, using comics to call out bigots as stupid, insane, and evil;

Stop shitting on the man's legacy.

- - - Updated - - -

"Join date: Dec 2011."
    Stan Lee was a thief who cheated many people out of a lot of money. I don't need to shit on a man's legacy if people don't know his legacy. Stan Lee is not the great guy everybody thinks he is, ask Kirby's family about that out of court settlement hush money. Marvel is being sued right now to have the characters remanded back to other creators, and it's a ton of them. Marvel and DC have been waging war driving people away from their comics, renaming X-men will make it tank more then they could possibly imagine.

If you don't believe this about marvel and Dc, check out sales of graphic novels where manga has been slaughtering them. There have been rumors that WB wants to just end Dc comics to save money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stan Lee was a thief who cheated many people out of a lot of money. I don't need to shit on a man's legacy if people don't know his legacy. Stan Lee is not the great guy everybody thinks he is, ask Kirby's family about that out of court settlement hush money. Marvel is being sued right now to have the characters remanded back to other creators, and it's a ton of them. Marvel and DC have been waging war driving people away from their comics, renaming X-men will make it tank more then they could possibly imagine.

If you don't believe this about marvel and Dc, check out sales of graphic novels where manga has been slaughtering them. There have been rumors that WB wants to just end Dc comics to save money.
    We've heard this screed before from regressive types who hate comics.

Nobody cares. Marvel's better off right now than at literally any point prior in its lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

All that being correct, then why alter the marketing, seeing as how the X-Men are the gold standard for inclusivity in comics?

Granted I’ll take this “news” with a pillar of salt, but changing the name seems pointless. The Marvel movies sell themselves now, one doesn’t need MORE marketing, much less confusion. “It’s not the X-men anymore? Does that mean they don’t care about equality? Will we lose the MLK/malcom X type dichotomy?” Etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    All that being correct, then why alter the marketing, seeing as how the X-Men are the gold standard for inclusivity in comics?
    Even assuming it's being considered, it'd be the same reason why "fireman" isn't really used any more; it's more inclusive to use a non-gendered term. It's not a statement of any extant prejudice implied; that's relegated to the yesteryear where the male gender became the group default in English, but the very inclusivity you're pointing to is exactly the reason why a name change might be considered.

And I really don't think it would be particularly confusing to anyone. Definitely not more than re-casting characters, if they even do so.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post

Granted I’ll take this “news” with a pillar of salt, but changing the name seems pointless. The Marvel movies sell themselves now, one doesn’t need MORE marketing, much less confusion. “It’s not the X-men anymore? Does that mean they don’t care about equality? Will we lose the MLK/malcom X type dichotomy?” Etc etc
    I mean, how often do they call themselves "X-men" in the movies anyway? Plus the most well received X-men movie didn't even have that name in the title. Fans didn't need it to know what Logan was about.

I don't really care one way or the other as to the reasons for dropping the "X-men" name for future movies (as Endus has said, there are other options), but I could at least see an argument to do it simply to set the new ones apart from the old ones.

So all of this got started because they promoted someone who said the name was outdated in an interview a couple years ago, and not based on anything that's been said since she assumed the role? Fascinating.

Even if this wasn't based solely on morons fearmongering about the evils of Wokeism™, I find it highly unlikely that they'd drop the name entirely, just from a purely marketing standpoint.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-09-25 at 04:14 AM.