Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Feel like they are gonna shoot themselves in the foot with this.
    They already know the shit they are doing is so bad they had to issue a text wall of pathetic excuses

Who do they think they're fooling?

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxit the Gnome View Post
    Honestly, people that like humor that punches down are weak and deserves to be mocked. Grow a pair and don't let your fee-fee's get hurt by other people being considerate.
    If "punching down" exists, then does that mean that certain groups are in fact lesser than others? Cause I believe that makes you a racist/sexist/somethingist. Id be careful bro, thats not allowed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    As long as they don't put in Quinton Flynns voice lines for Kael'thas back into the game, Blizzard can shove that talk about values right up their ass.
    I mean, it could be in their principles to not bring him back...
    I agree though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    Who do they think they're fooling?
    Social media. Outrage mob.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-09-30 at 05:44 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I cannot believe we re going through this parody LMFAO

Ah, finally they are adressing the real problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    If "punching down" exists, then does that mean that certain groups are in fact lesser than others? Cause I believe that makes you a racist/sexist/somethingist. Id be careful bro, thats not allowed here.
    It general refers to thoughts who are in oppressed groups or less fortunate conditions. I like dark and “offensive” humor though so I dont have a problem with it. Just, you know, be funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

"we want our jokes to be inclusive and not punch down." what does this even mean? inclusive jokes?

what i see is that they let the lowest developers do what they want in the game without any DECENT designer POV as a apologize for the whole sexual situation.

GUYS JUST DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH THE GAME FOR NOW, SORRY

And there you have a ton of changes to solution problems nobody had, and blizzard had to make to fix later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixxit the Gnome View Post
    Honestly, people that like humor that punches down are weak and deserves to be mocked. Grow a pair and don't let your fee-fee's get hurt by other people being considerate.
    One can't really call someone out for punching down and deliver a "grow a pair" punchline in the same post while not wearing a clown's shoes and nose

I mean, female dreadlords are already a thing. I wouldn't mind seeing more gendered demon variations. Female felguards and doomguards? Male shivarra? I'm cool with that, honestly

So they're choosing to retcon story in a fictional universe (incubi) to fit an all-inclusive narrative in the real world? Granted, inclusivity and such is a noble goal to strive for in real life, but do we need to make all our fantasy and fiction stories mimic reality?

Next they will be retconning the entirety of Dragon reproductive process lore because they have consorts not mates and somehow consort is now offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Bunch of fags and feminists running Blizzard now.
    Yes, the cultural marxists and their homosexual cabal are coming to get you. It must be a tough existence, knowing gays and women exist or have inherent human dignity. It's really sad you'll spend the rest of your days in pointless frustration over it. Actually it isn't, it's kinda neat.

How bout making content thats fictional and has nothing to do with real life? Why would ingame content need to represent company values... imagine saying that about GTA or any other game with lots of murdering and other socially unacceptable actions, none of those are "representing" the company who made them, its pure fiction and entertainment.

Jesus christ, all these changes are just doing the opposite... you are MAKING the game represent your values instead of keeping it as a work of art.
    You dont want to do that, you think you do but you dont.
    Noone wants to play activision-blizzard fantasy simulator, we want to play WARCRAFT.

and at the same time the more popular mmorpg has 0 problem with totaly oversexualised content in game - hell big boobied catgirls are one of selling points of it.

while wow is introducing sharia law in wow .

amazing direction you peopel take this game !

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by confety View Post
    "we want our jokes to be inclusive and not punch down." what does this even mean? inclusive jokes?
    To quite the late great Terry Pratchett

“Satire is meant to ridicule power. If you are laughing at people who are hurting, it's not satire, it's bullying.”

Id say putting in a bunch of jokes at the expensive of woman while also having a work culture where sexual harassment is prevalent falls into his quote.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    I mean, female dreadlords are already a thing. I wouldn't mind seeing more gendered demon variations. Female felguards and doomguards? Male shivarra? I'm cool with that, honestly
    Me too. I'm actually really stoked for incubus'es finally being a thing.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    They said they were going to add all gender bent versions of the warlock demons in either cata or mop but never got around to it, hopefully they will finally deliver.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    People that talk about humor being "inclusive" and "not punching down" are weak and deserved to be mocked. You already know what these "people" look like.
    Like a very colorful aquatic mammals?

10+ Year Old Account
    What a joke this company has become.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    To quite the late great Terry Pratchett

“Satire is meant to ridicule power. If you are laughing at people who are hurting, it's not satire, it's bullying.”

Id say putting in a bunch of jokes at the expensive of woman while also having a work culture where sexual harassment is prevalent falls into his quote.
    That's actually a very good quote if you ask me.