View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    i am trapped in the palace of ill intent
    A crystal palace?

Thank you Mario,

but our princess is in another castle.

Beautifully put.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

15+ Year Old Account
    Guys, it's time wasted, just keep posting the links for the rest of us and ignore these two trolls. At least dribbles posts stuff himself for everyone's entertainment these two just keep repeating their nonsense and insults while collecting victim badges.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Guys, it's time wasted, just keep posting the links for the rest of us and ignore these two trolls. At least dribbles posts stuff himself for everyone's entertainment these two just keep repeating their nonsense and insults while collecting victim badges.
    REMAINERS have blamed Brexit for the outage of Facebook, Whatsapp and Instagram across the UK.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/15...rs-fury-latest

Trouble is this is the reasoning Brexiteers have to deal with on a daily basis, as ridiculous as blaming global supply chain problems on Brexit. Not much critical thinking going on there.

Ah well it's been a great day for Brexit benefits from the Tory party conference with them coming thick and fast and at least the next British prime minister, when our Boris is good and ready, is a very reasonable chap when he said today:-

"Brexit will be worth it for the economy in the long term."

In his speech to the annual Conservative party conference, the chancellor, Rishi Sunak, said when he backed Brexit five years ago, he was told his political career would be over before it had begun. He went on to outline why, despite the challenges, he believes Britain's departure from the EU will be positive for the UK

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ong-term-video

I will sleep well tonight knowing the future of Brexit is safe and secure. Genuine question who leads the rejoin campaign at the minute in the UK? Is there anyone at all? I can't seem to find anyone...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    See, that's what I mean.

Thank you dribbles.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    REMAINERS have blamed Brexit for the outage of Facebook, Whatsapp and Instagram across the UK.
    So...what do a few idiots have to do with anything? Is it just the only strawman that won't punch back?

Trouble is this is the reasoning Brexiteers have to deal with on a daily basis, as ridiculous as blaming global supply chain problems on Brexit. Not much critical thinking going on there.
    So the Express choose to take notice of peoples mutterings on social media about other social media being down as a reliable source? I personally don't take any notice of people moaning on social media and I don't know anybody with any sense that would, especially when it is something as trivial as social media being down for a few hours... but you know keep reading the Express and you do you!

You could apply some critical thinking yourself, as quite clearly Brexit is a add-on, not the root cause on most of the tweets listed that mentioned it and only 1-2 directly blamed Brexit for the outage.

Real cutting edge journalism and not scrapping the bottom of the barrel at all!
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    So the Express choose to take notice of peoples mutterings on social media about other social media being down as a reliable source? I personally don't take any notice of people moaning on social media and I don't know anybody with any sense that would, especially when it is something as trivial as social media being down for a few hours... but you know keep reading the Express and you do you!

You could apply some critical thinking yourself, as quite clearly Brexit is a add-on, not the root cause on most of the tweets listed that mentioned it and only 1-2 directly blamed Brexit for the outage.

Real cutting edge journalism and not scrapping the bottom of the barrel at all!
    Rather than cutting edge journalism I am just providing direct evidence, courtesy The Express source, of the derangement of a few extremist, yet not all, remainers some of whom may or may not, currently inhabit this very thread on this very forum. That is all.

It is pleasing to me that you seem to sensibly recognise quite openly that Brexit in no way could have caused the temporary downing of Facebook et al, and surely you would also see in the same vein that Brexit didn't cause the temporary global supply chain interruption problems the whole world in the midst of a pandemic, is currently facing. That's very sensible and we are as one in agreement.

It's also wonderful as one sane and level headed person to another, though perhaps on opposite sides of the debate for now, that we have that meeting of minds above the noise and hubris that those of the almost religious remain/rejoin persuasion tend to falsely propagate just because they are still sore over a lost and very democratic referendum from years ago that they wish to reverse.

Ignore them as do I in the main, they are the small yet vocally loud minority without any high level or meaningful UK government or opposition representation and the majority in this democratic ongoing Brexit processs, with all the advantages and substantial many benefits I've listed that will bring to the UK, shall surely prevail.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Really? lol

Thanks Dribbles I haven't laughed so hard in weeks
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

ongoing Brexit processs, with all the advantages and substantial many benefits I've listed that will bring to the UK
    No, you haven't. You still haven't. You've tried to claim a few things that aren't actually benefits, some things that aren't linked to Brexit (we could have still done them in the EU) and lied a bunch of times. You don't have a list of benefits, you struggle to even manage one.

If you had a list of things that couldn't be instantly debunked, you'd happily list them all out every time I make a post like this. You'd cut the legs out from under my argument, and you'd win. But you don't, because that list doesn't exist, instead you just keep saying "I have a list" as if wishing hard enough will bring it into existence.

So here's my challenge; give us that bullet-pointed list of what you believe are Brexit benefits. Give us a template that we can respond to so that anyone who happens to wander into this thread will get the information they need to understand whether Brexit is good or not. If your list stands up, they will see that Brexit genuinely has benefits. If everything you post gets refuted instantly (as it has in the past) they'll see you're just full of shit.

Come on then dribbles, give us that list you keep telling us about. It must exist, right? Right?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Ah well it's been a great day for Brexit benefits from the Tory party conference with them coming thick and fast and at least the next British prime minister, when our Boris is good and ready, is a very reasonable chap when he said today:-

"Brexit will be worth it for the economy in the long term."

In his speech to the annual Conservative party conference, the chancellor, Rishi Sunak, said when he backed Brexit five years ago, he was told his political career would be over before it had begun. He went on to outline why, despite the challenges, he believes Britain's departure from the EU will be positive for the UK

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ong-term-video

I will sleep well tonight knowing the future of Brexit is safe and secure. Genuine question who leads the rejoin campaign at the minute in the UK? Is there anyone at all? I can't seem to find anyone...
    From the express "article"

Many people have taken to Twitter, which has not been affected, to express their frustration, and some say the blame lies with Brexit.

Among those sharing their thoughts on the situation are remainers.
    Pretty fucking vague isnt it?

You turning it into a "look they blame brexit for everything!" stupidity, does not change that the british are severaly challengede with supplies. I'm sure it's better down under.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-58800329

Earlier, the prime minister denied there was a crisis in the UK, despite a shortage of HGV drivers disrupting fuel deliveries and a range of industries warning there was a lack of skilled workers as a result of both the pandemic and Brexit.

He told BBC Radio 4's Today programme the country was at a "turning point" and the UK's "world leading" logistics industry would fix the issues.

The PM also claimed on BBC Breakfast that only 127 HGV drivers had applied for temporary visas offered by the government to help tackle the shortage.

But the Road Haulage Association said a three month visa "simply wasn't attractive enough for European truckers to give up their current jobs for a short term contract - perhaps only weeks long - with all the hassle, including short term rents, that would be involved."
    Only 127 HGV drivers from the continent interested in their temporary visa scheme so far, is a joke, and that's assuming Boris isn't lying, causes it's also being reported elsewhere it's as little as 27.

The UK will need more drastic measures than some temporary three month visas if it wants continental drives to come back to the UK, cause what they're trying to tempt them with now clearly isn't working.
    Last edited by zealo; 2021-10-05 at 12:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-58800329

Only 127 HGV drivers from the continent interested in their temporary visa scheme so far, is a joke, and that's assuming Boris isn't lying, causes it's also being reported elsewhere it's as little as 27.

The UK will need more drastic measures than some temporary three month visas if it wants continental drives to come back to the UK, cause what they're trying to tempt them with now clearly isn't working.

Come on, Brexit has nothing to do with it, it's because of Covid... /s
    Last edited by MCMLXXXII; 2021-10-05 at 04:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Come on, Brexit has nothing to do with it, it's because of Covid...
    Ah yes, that's why no other country has the same problem

It's 27 HGV drivers according to The Times, actually. But it's fine, BoJo said that shortages were linked to the revival of the economy And that doesn't even mean every one of the 27 HGV drivers are suited for the job, it's only the number of applications.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-10-05 at 12:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    It's 27 HGV drivers according to The Times, actually. But it's fine, BoJo said that shortages were linked to the revival of the economy And that doesn't even mean every one of the 27 HGV drivers are suited for the job, it's only the number of applications.
    He has to say that in the shadow of apparent tax raises.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Ah yes, that's why no other country has the same problem
    I should've added /s

There are driver shortages all over Europe, however they don't lead to empty shelves and empty fuel tanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Come on, Brexit has nothing to do with it, it's because of Covid...
    No, it's because the country is adjusting to a new economic model, because of Brexit. Employers need to adjust and pay workers more, unless that employer is of course the state.

Brexiteers can't even keep their argument straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    No, it's because the country is adjusting to a new economic model, because of Brexit. Employers need to adjust and pay workers more, unless that employer is of course the state.

Brexiteers can't even keep their argument straight.
    I already added /s. Come on I thought it was obvious.