Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    how much is amazon paying u to shill this game? xd
    They are paying me with the pleasure of playing thier legendary mmorpg!

I know you all can't understand this at this point but, lets talk in a year, 2 years, 5 years and beyond, at some point you'll all get it.

This is so far from another failed wow clone, Amazon is doing right by us, the listen, they communicate, they have a major hit on their hands, they are doing everything the community has been screaming at companies to do for decades, put us and the game first!!!

It's comical peeps complaint hat i'm just letting fellow gamers/people/mmorpg'ers know the water is more than fine, it's near perfect in fact and come on in to this welcoming community! Welcome to your New World!
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

10+ Year Old Account
    billion dollar company
    4 hour maintenance
    3+ hour delay
    this dev team clearly has no idea what they are doing
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    They are paying me with the pleasure of playing thier legendary mmorpg!

I know you all can't understand this at this point but, lets talk in a year, 2 years, 5 years and beyond, at some point you'll all get it.

This is so far from another failed wow clone, Amazon is doing right by us, the listen, they communicate, they have a major hit on their hands, they are doing everything the community has been screaming at companies to do for decades, put us and the game first!!!

It's comical peeps complaint hat i'm just letting fellow gamers/people/mmorpg'ers know the water is more than fine, it's near perfect in fact and come on in to this welcoming community! Welcome to your New World!
    Conversely, everything you're saying here has been said by hardcore fans of every other MMO that's launched from Black Desert Online to The Secret World to WildStar to Guild Wars 2 to DC Universe Online (well...probably not that one) to Star Wars: The Old Republican.

And for most of them, they struggled after their initial launch. Slow your roll, the game is nowhere near perfect - no game is - and a welcoming community is...yeah...maybe not so much. It's fine, but very server dependent and it seems that the hardcore PvP crowd is bringing all their usual chat shenanigans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is the first patch of a new release and they are doing server maintenance at the same time. Relax. Even Blizzard still extends downtime sometimes and they have been doing it for almost 17 years now.
    160mb patch
    going to end up with 12 hours of down time because your game is coded by incompetent morons.
    still not fixing gpu melting bad coding in your shit minor patch because your retard code monkeys cant figure it out.
    This is what happens when development teams are decided by required diversity instead of hiring people who can do their actual fucking jobs. This is the future you have with corporate produced games.

billion dollar company
    4 hour maintenance
    3+ hour delay
    this dev team clearly has no idea what they are doing
    I hear it's easy to maintain a recently launched MMO where you're making extensive changes and tweaks to improve capacity and performance. I mean, not every game is designed like GW2 where they can have functionally 0 minutes of downtime a year. Server maintenance is pretty routine, even if their timing for it isn't ideal. And given that their servers have actually been stable throughout launch, which is fairly uncommon for other major MMO's, they earned some leeway with badly timed/long maintenances after launch.

- - - Updated - - -

160mb patch
    Plus who knows how much work on server backends that can't be done while the server are live.

going to end up with 12 hours of down time because your game is coded by incompetent morons.
    Or, because this is still a recently launched game and they're making a lot of tweaks/changes that takes time. I mean, have you looked at the code yourself or are you just repeating what sounds good?

still not fixing gpu melting bad coding in your shit minor patch because your retard code monkeys cant figure it out.
    This has largely been confirmed to be a hardware issue, not software. It's shoddy soldering/manufacturing that caused the last round, and looks to be causing this round of issues. Odd that NW is triggering them, but it's not caused by NW and that's already been confirmed with the last round of cards burning out.

This is what happens when development teams are decided by required diversity instead of hiring people who can do their actual fucking jobs. This is the future you have with corporate produced games.
    Get this shit the fuck outta here. Seriously, there's nothing remotely accurate here and this is all fictional nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Folks usually don't respond well to folks on the extreme ends of the love/hate spectrum. And real, other MMO's are fine too. New World is good, but so are plenty of other good MMO's.

The whole, "MY MMO is the only good MMO and all others are bad." stuff is silly.
    Yeah for sure New World isn't for everyone, but don't let a measly 40 bones stop you from trying this out to see if it's a fit is all.

When was the last major mmorpg released? When is the next one?

Yeah huge reasons to be excited af and if this isn't your mmorpg then why you even in the thread complaining that some is excited for a massive mmorpg hit? That's what is truly silly.

160mb patch
    Why so mad at a recently launched game making changes on its first main patch, its like you have never seen all the problems WoW has every single expansion, all game companies have issues, making changes things to a game doesnt always go as planned.

Also we already know its not the game that causes issue with some GPUs its just badly made products.

I really want to play like many others, but there is no reason to be mad about extra waiting.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Yeah for sure New World isn't for everyone, but don't let a measly 40 bones stop you from trying this out to see if it's a fit is all.

When was the last major mmorpg released? When is the next one?

Yeah huge reasons to be excited af and if this isn't your mmorpg then why you even in the thread complaining that some is excited for a massive mmorpg hit? That's what is truly silly.
    You don't want to discuss about the game, you just want an echo chamber when everyone is jerking off each other. And your fanboyism is cringe.

...Because I enjoy the game. Because folks who pretend "their game" is the second coming of christ and that it's perfect and that anyone who dares not like it is clearly wrong and all other MMO's are awful and this will be the shining city on the hill blah blah blah do more harm to the games than even those who are aggressively hating on it. This has been a pattern since the first round of "Me too!" MMO's after WoW, and it continues today.

Sure, the MMO release calendar ain't exactly popping, but we're both still getting some decent ones (expansions for existing ones, PSO2NG earlier this year, Bless re-release earlier this year, Elyon later, plenty of games in development both crowdfunded and from AAA publishers/developers), but that doesn't mean that just because a big budget game released and is pretty solid that it's going to be the best thing since sliced bread. Take it as it goes and see how things continue to unfold. Right now it's doing great and that's rad, great job on Amazon, but a successful launch is just the first in a long list of hurdles for them to clear.

160mb patch
    This game runs like a dream on my 11 year old i7, only 6 gig ram, with upgraded vid to 1050ti, and ssd drives, i was surprised i thought no way it would even launch lol, yet plays fine, smooth, which makes no sense as that machine struggles with wow at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get this shit the fuck outta here. Seriously, there's nothing remotely accurate here and this is all fictional nonsense.
    talking about a game where u dont even pick a gender, but only a body type
    talking about a game where u choose your characters pronouns (he/him, she/her, they/them)

ok bro

15+ Year Old Account
    160mb patch going to end up with 12 hours of down time because your game is coded by incompetent morons.
    If you feel that strongly about the developers then you could always not play the game. Relax. It isn't the end of the world. Go watch Black Widow on Disney+ and that will waste 2 hours. You are starting to turn toxic and hateful. Do you have any proof that the San Diego studio is filled with diversity quotas?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

talking about a game where u dont even pick a gender, but only a body type
    talking about a game where u choose your characters pronouns (he/him, she/her, they/them)

ok bro
    ...and? I assume there was some actual reason, because this is pretty pathetically insignificant.

i heard what we have now is exactly 18% of content they have in store for us, whatever that means.
    just remember, NW doesnt require ur active subscribtion, which is great, so u can come back to it anytime
    And where did you hear that? Which secret source told you that? There has been one additional zone datamined, Brimstone Sands, which is an Egyptian themed endgame zone. That's about it what to expect in the next months. 18% of content? lol

- - - Updated - - -

You want a rock solid MMORPG WORLD, New World is your new home. Gawd this is such a f'ing good world/game/mmorpg. No level scaling kindergarten bs, no cross realm nonsense, your server is your server; Your Home, your new world!
    Until they merge servers and prepare transfers, as they've already told us weeks before. There's a reason why names are global and not per server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Waiting for them to go from the "shouting from the rooftops" phase to the "meh I hate it now, there's no contest, WoW is miles above any MMO" phase: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53312433
    It won't take long as the serious issues are very obvious. Even the diehard fans will get bored very quickly. One week in, honeymoon phase still applies - let's wait 2-3 more weeks and I'm sure the tables have turned.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    ...and? I assume there was some actual reason, because this is pretty pathetically insignificant.
    yeah, the actual reason is trantasy.

also, they literally hired a 'racism expert', whatever the fuck that is, so they can be as politically correct as possible. btw its said on the opening screen before the main manu, u couldnt possibly miss that.

for people that dont know the first concept of the game from the lore point of view was about colonising the NEW WORLD, then they took all the natives and changed them into the generic sailor zombies we know, so nobody gets offended.
    also 50% of NPCs are black females.

this game is WOKE as it can be
    Last edited by Proskill; 2021-10-06 at 04:10 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Chill guys, go play another thing in the meantime

I reccommend Total War: Warhammer 2 if you have the chance

for people that dont know the first concept of the game from the lore point of view was about colonising the NEW WORLD, then they took all the natives and changed them into the generic sailor zombies we know, so nobody gets offended.
    Well, considering Americans get offended easily by anything these days, I'd guess that's why they realized that sounded like a bad idea.
    Unless you conquer the Aztecs, Incas or a similar people. That's morally acceptable I guess, as that was the premise of BfA
    Last edited by Maljinwo; 2021-10-06 at 04:12 PM.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

yeah, the actual reason is trantasy.
    TIL: Being inclusive is bad even if it doesn't harm anyone.

also, they literally hired a 'racism expert', whatever the fuck that is, so they can be as politically correct as possible. btw its said on the opening screen before the main manu, u couldnt possibly miss that.
    No...because the initial game had Native peoples as baddies in early versions and while some employees flagged this, management was ignorant for a while until folks started calling it out. They hired experts to advise to make sure they weren't falling into racist tropes unintentionally, that's a good thing.

Yes, because a game where you're genociding Native peoples in a setting where white folks came and actually genocided Native peoples is kinda shit. It's like having a Holocaust simulator of sorts. Not exactly the best idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    TIL: Being inclusive is bad even if it doesn't harm anyone.

No...because the initial game had Native peoples as baddies in early versions and while some employees flagged this, management was ignorant for a while until folks started calling it out. They hired experts to advise to make sure they weren't falling into racist tropes unintentionally, that's a good thing.

Yes, because a game where you're genociding Native peoples in a setting where white folks came and actually genocided Native peoples is kinda shit. It's like having a Holocaust simulator of sorts. Not exactly the best idea.
    u seep with 'liberalism', trying to shut other ppls mouths. while decades ago left was against the system, now you are the system. truly disgusting.

u seep with 'liberalism', trying to shut other ppls mouths. while decades ago left was against the system, now you are the system. truly disgusting.
    Alrighty, it seems this discussion is going to veer off-topic so I'll end it here. Different opinions and all that.

Enjoy your remaining time of having a life. Once you enter your new world, there's no looking back!
    Now it's just starting to look fabricated.

There's a guy just like you on the star citizen thread and nobody takes him seriously. If you like the game, step back a little and be a little more rational about it or face the same fate.