View Poll Results: How Healthy is WoW's Future?

Voters
597. This poll is closed
  • WoW's Future Has Never Looked Better.

14 2.35%
  • WoW Will Be Fine. Past it's peak, but good things are coming.

110 18.43%
  • WoW's in trouble. Things need to change.

315 52.76%
  • Maintenance Mode Isn't Far Off.

158 26.47%
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Again, many changes were datamined before the settlement was even a thing.
    Settlements are agreed upon weeks before they are signed and released, especially in federal cases.

The fact that they were making the changes but only addressed them publicly AFTER the settlement became public speaks to the relationship between the two.

This is very simple: You didn't know the details of the settlement. You spoke out of ignorance. You don't want to admit this is the case, so your are doubling down on the absurd idea that Activision PUT INTO WRITING at the stakes of TENS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS that they would do this, and then they went ahead and did it for unrelated reasons.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Settlements are agreed upon weeks before they are signed and released, especially in federal cases.

The fact that they were making the changes but only addressed them publicly AFTER the settlement became public speaks to the relationship between the two.

This is very simple: You didn't know the details of the settlement. You spoke out of ignorance. You don't want to admit this is the case, so your are doubling down on the absurd idea that Activision PUT INTO WRITING at the stakes of TENS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS that they would do this, and then they went ahead and did it for unrelated reasons.
    That was an impressively swift goal post movement.

By the way, WRITING IN CAPITAL LETTERS doesn't make YOUR ARGUMENT any more RELEVANT.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    After playing new world for 100h. and FF14 for 200h I gotta say WoW is so far ahead to both in content and design, they can just stay like they are doing and will never have to fear the other MMO. They are design wise miles away from what WoW already has
    If you LOVE rent-a-powers and severe RNG then yes. If anything else, then your statement is false. WoW can't get a damn thing correct cause they treat their player base like trash and have no clue how to listen to the player base, and they fact they can't make good content cause they are tooooooooooooo busy grabbing ass and tits, then yes you are definitely correct that WoW is miles away from the other MMO's. And honestly I hope that FFXIV never gets close to wow in this regards.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I have to agree. Not only that but think of content already in the game. Imagine if you were a player that never played WoW and your goal is to do every quest, run every dungeon and raid, get some experience in all the pvp modes, open the whole map and all the areas..... It's a lot just to type and it would literally take you years......

I think part of what people see in those games is: something new and a bit of the whole "grass is greener" thing. Plus WoW hate is always a thing (how many years have ppl in these very forums calling "WoW killer" or "WoW is dead" I remember when they were proclaiming Wildstar the "WoW killer," we know how that went...... Bunch of chicken littles "the sky is falling omg!") I played all three. FF 14 is too simplistic and slow paced for me. I like New World and think it has promise. It almost has a "survivalist" edge to it and I like how crafting is important. It's too early to tell but the game would need a lot of evolution to get to WoWs place.

In my opinion, the only current mmo that can really challenge WoW would be GW2. I also think GW2 is actually a better overall game and experience than WoW. It needs to organize its end game better though. Most people don't know how to watch the timers and evolve the maps, so most don't even really know what the end game is and think it is about collecting cosmetics (that's only the smallest part of end game).
    You can always tell when someone is speaking out of pure ignorance. One of the top selling points for FF14 is that all content remains relevant, as opposed to WoW that deprecates content a few months after it comes out. FF14 is too simple and slow paced *in early levels* so whenever someone uses that criticism, you know they are talking about of their ass after hitting level 8.

- - - Updated - - -

That was an impressively swift goal post movement.

By the way, WRITING IN CAPITAL LETTERS doesn't make YOUR ARGUMENT any more RELEVANT.
    That was an impressive attempt to avoid the issue.

Let's see if you can answer a simple yes or no question: Did Activision sign a settlement last month where they committed to reforming the company culture?

- - - Updated - - -

You have no fucking way to prove that the changes Blizzard developers made to the game are a direct result of the lawsuit. I'm not going to admit "I'm wrong" when you're arguing from a fundamentally unprovable position.
    Do you have the quote yet where the developers contradict me? You insisted repeatedly that they do. Are you going to prove it or are you going to make an excuse? I predict the latter.
    -ynnady

That was an impressive attempt to avoid the issue.

Let's see if you can answer a simple yes or no question: Did Activision sign a settlement last month where they committed to reforming the company culture?
    What the fuck does it matter? You're supposing internal knowledge on something you will never know anything about.

What the fuck does it matter? You're supposing internal knowledge on something you will never know anything about.
    Did Activision sign a settlement last month where they committed to reforming the company culture?
    -ynnady

Did Activision sign a settlement last month where they committed to reforming the company culture?
    Does the narwhal bacon at midnight?

Does the narwhal bacon at midnight?
    Working on my list of dishonest, bad faith tactics by people too arrogant to admit they are wrong:

Inability to answer a simple yes or no question? Check.

The next one is "Claims evidence proves the other person wrong but then refuses to produce it". So, where is that quote from a dev that contradicts me?
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Devs going on a silly witch hunt for pixels, instead of, Idk, demanding better salaries and/or work conditions seems as awfully convenient for management as pointless and distracting for workers. Something definitely doesn't add up in those statements.
    Why do you imagine that they can only do one or the other and not both simultaneously?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Devs going on a silly witch hunt for pixels, instead of, Idk, demanding better salaries and/or work conditions seems as awfully convenient for management as pointless and distracting for workers. Something definitely doesn't add up in those statements.
    Did you miss the entire walkout or does that not fly with your interpretation of the situation?

The amount of times I see people suddenly forget how much is going on overall with the scenario just so they can keep criticizing Blizzard is silly at this point.

They staged a walk out and have had several pushes for more changes, which can be seen by every time ActiBlizz put out a statement, there was usually a rebuttal from the staff criticizing why they think it's not enough.

Several devs were let go and the management even had to shift as a result of this. They're giving payouts to employees for having to deal with the situation. It's a constantly evolving situation which has never been limited to just WoW. Just because devs are also finally getting to change issues they had with WoW specifically doesn't suddenly mean the rest stopped existing. It's just a good sign that Blizzard is actually listening to the workers this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I have to agree. Not only that but think of content already in the game. Imagine if you were a player that never played WoW and your goal is to do every quest, run every dungeon and raid, get some experience in all the pvp modes, open the whole map and all the areas..... It's a lot just to type and it would literally take you years......

I think part of what people see in those games is: something new and a bit of the whole "grass is greener" thing. Plus WoW hate is always a thing (how many years have ppl in these very forums calling "WoW killer" or "WoW is dead" I remember when they were proclaiming Wildstar the "WoW killer," we know how that went...... Bunch of chicken littles "the sky is falling omg!") I played all three. FF 14 is too simplistic and slow paced for me. I like New World and think it has promise. It almost has a "survivalist" edge to it and I like how crafting is important. It's too early to tell but the game would need a lot of evolution to get to WoWs place.

In my opinion, the only current mmo that can really challenge WoW would be GW2. I also think GW2 is actually a better overall game and experience than WoW. It needs to organize its end game better though. Most people don't know how to watch the timers and evolve the maps, so most don't even really know what the end game is and think it is about collecting cosmetics (that's only the smallest part of end game).
    I don't think anyone is trying to compete with WoW. Even though many will look at it that way. I think gaming companies just want to create something that players will like and have fun while doing it. And in my opinion (Subjective) that is not Wow at the moment. As for FFXIV, and new World being Wow killers I don't think that is their goal. Plus anyway many of the gaming companies are sitting back, laughing, cause WoW, right now, is killing itself....as we can all see that in the gaming news right now
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Yeah dude. It's totally unreasonable to think that the current team of human beings creating the video game might have their own values and comfort zones which are incongruous with the values of previous teams who developed the same game. (Previous teams who, as we now know, were less than scrupulous in their approach.) Things can't change because they help the people making the game simply feel more comfortable. Nah, it's corporate sending out a memo to all the developers telling them they better change or else. They've got shareholders to please! Think of the shareholders!

Sorry dude, I just don't buy the cynicism.
    Well then that means that the developers are slut shaming incels that are afraid of women and still believe that women don't fart. That's why they removed the female humans "i like to fart in the bath tub". Whether its corporate or the developers doesn't matter because either way looks bad.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-10-07 at 07:58 PM.

Working on my list of dishonest, bad faith tactics by people too arrogant to admit they are wrong:

Inability to answer a simple yes or no question? Check.

The next one is "Claims evidence proves the other person wrong but then refuses to produce it". So, where is that quote from a dev that contradicts me?
    The question is pointless, which is why I'm not answering it. You immediately pivoted your position when the correlation you were observing failed to match the reality of what actually happened. Further, I'd really prefer if you'd stop implying that "I'm wrong," because I simply disagree with your cynicism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Well then that means that the developers are slut shaming puritans that are afraid of women and still believe that women don't fart. That's why they removed the female humans "i like to fart in the bath tub".
    Or maybe they're just doing exactly what they said they were doing: Making a game which reflects the values of the current development team.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    If you LOVE rent-a-powers and severe RNG then yes. If anything else, then your statement is false. WoW can't get a damn thing correct cause they treat their player base like trash and have no clue how to listen to the player base, and they fact they can't make good content cause they are tooooooooooooo busy grabbing ass and tits, then yes you are definitely correct that WoW is miles away from the other MMO's. And honestly I hope that FFXIV never gets close to wow in this regards.
    1. Wow has actually leveling content
    2. Wow has a challenging endgame
    3. wow runs smooth

this 3 points are already where wow beats the other two and its the most important one. If you say FF14 has a challenging end game or New World has leveling contetn, Iam sorry. But you are just being a lier / hater

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    1. Wow has actually leveling content
    2. Wow has a challenging endgame
    3. wow runs smooth

this 3 points are already where wow beats the other two and its the most important one. If you say FF14 has a challenging end game or New World has leveling contetn, Iam sorry. But you are just being a lier / hater

Right.....LoL, and this makes me want to continue playing Boringlands. Being dense doesn't make a good player.

Right.....LoL, and this makes me want to continue playing Boringlands. Being dense doesn't make a good player.
    Nice arguments mate. But iam proud you went 5 minutes without mindless insults and copy pasting the same hate

The question is pointless, which is why I'm not answering it. You immediately pivoted your position when the correlation you were observing failed to match the reality of what actually happened. Further, I'd really prefer if you'd stop implying that "I'm wrong," because I simply disagree with your cynicism.

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe they're just doing exactly what they said they were doing: Making a game which reflects the values of the current development team.
    So the current developer values are that women = bowls of fruit and that women aren't allowed to show any cleavage? Are blizzard developers members of the taliban?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-10-07 at 08:11 PM.

Are you denying that WoW does support the more cutting edge players?

Whether or not you enjoy it, I've never seen anyone deny that WoW has challenging content for those who want it.

Likewise, I never see anyone attempt to criticize WoW for how it runs. Especially if you mean gameplay wise, because it does have one of the smoothest combat systems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    So the current developer values are that women = bowls of fruit and that women aren't allowed to show any cleavage?
    How many times is this argument going to be repeated?

There's a huge difference between a women deciding to dress however they want, and some random person deciding they want to put their wet dream in a game.

It's very simple to have an issue with the second half of that statement.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is making great changes! We don't need that woman-hating incel crap in the game anymore.

I would say the writings on the wall for WoW.

Devs actively show a contempt and dismissal for their playerbase. There's an overwhelming hubris at almost every level. From gameplay to story, they've made it clear their vision of the game is superior to their fans. The recent purge of emotes and references just solidifies that. I don't know what game could thrive under such conditions.

And that's just the issues from the developers. Then there's also the incessant greed of ActiVision mucking things up as well.