Poll: What is coming, what would you like to see?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Either some sort of Starcraft-based game or new IP. They will want to more mobile games, but won't abandon PC/Consoles.

I really still hope they would make 3rd person shooter RPG based on Starcraft - I think it has a huge potential for Mass Effect-like game.
    While I agree, that's not a genre that's mass market enough for their tastes I'd wager. But really they need to make something with Starcraft already, it's their setting with the most wasted potential if you ask me. Even an FPS could be really good, but since they canned Ghost I'm afraid they don't really trust in the IP. SC2 was likely its last iteration for quite some time, sadly.

Whatever the case, Blizzard really needs to announce new games. If Blizzconline is just the next WoW and Hearthstone expansions plus updates on D4, OW2 and Immortal I'll be quite disappointed. They've been pretty stagnant since 2016.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I have no confidence in modern Blizzard to release something that isn't either a soulless rmt whale factory farm or a bug ridden, broken mess. All the talent left and they are such a shit tier western dev i don't think even EA or Ubisoft put out worse games nowadays and thats saying something.

No king rules forever and all that and honestly? i think that last game they really tried on was Heart of the Swarm like what? eight years go?
    Eh, EA's still on a higher shit tier. The 'talent' that left, are some of the reasons it is going even worse now. And there are no RMT games, so, unsure, unless of course, you mean players breaking the ToS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    While I agree, that's not a genre that's mass market enough for their tastes I'd wager. But really they need to make something with Starcraft already, it's their setting with the most wasted potential if you ask me. Even an FPS could be really good, but since they canned Ghost I'm afraid they don't really trust in the IP. SC2 was likely its last iteration for quite some time, sadly.

Whatever the case, Blizzard really needs to announce new games. If Blizzconline is just the next WoW and Hearthstone expansions plus updates on D4, OW2 and Immortal I'll be quite disappointed. They've been pretty stagnant since 2016.
    I hold StarCraft close to my heart but the playstyle that people demand from RTS games just breaks my heart. I'd love to see the franchise flourish once more, maybe stretch a bit further than just the RTS genre. Ghost got me hyped, and the loss of it, sad.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Eh, EA's still on a higher shit tier. The 'talent' that left, are some of the reasons it is going even worse now. And there are no RMT games, so, unsure, unless of course, you mean players breaking the ToS.
    Real Money Transactions. Hearthstone was made to sell booster packs, Overwatch was made to sell lootboxes, Heroes of the storm was made to sell heroes and skins and WoW openly makes more money on its cash shop whales than it has on subscribers in a very long time. They tried to make starcraft a microtransaction nightmare before giving up on the IP after legacy of the void's ending salted that earth forever and we all know the only reason you have mounts in Diablo 4 is to sell mount skins.

Blizzard doesn't make products anymore, they make services and vectors for "funpay minibuys" to milk whales. Thats the reason they make new games. They aren't fulfilling a burning drive to tell stories or entertain the customer. They are creating storefront ecosystems to farm the consumer. Thats the reason they still output new product. That is the defining goal. They function closer to a korean mobile company than a western rpg developer and thats been the norm for more than a hot minute.

They killed SC and HotS, WoW has a steady future (given the reforged failure, warcraft won't get an rts in the next decade), OW is going down anf HS is already mobile.

The only things in store are D4, OW and the given WoW expansions ... outside of that they are just milking remasters dry.

A new IP will take them a decade from now given that it's takinv them over 5 years for D4

10+ Year Old Account
    Real Money Transactions. Hearthstone was made to sell booster packs, Overwatch was made to sell lootboxes, Heroes of the storm was made to sell heroes and skins and WoW openly makes more money on its cash shop whales than it has on subscribers in a very long time. They tried to make starcraft a microtransaction nightmare before giving up on the IP after legacy of the void's ending salted that earth forever and we all know the only reason you have mounts in Diablo 4 is to sell mount skins.

Blizzard doesn't make products anymore, they make services and vectors for "funpay minibuys" to milk whales. Thats the reason they make new games. They aren't fulfilling a burning drive to tell stories or entertain the customer. They are creating storefront ecosystems to farm the consumer. Thats the reason they still output new product. That is the defining goal. They function closer to a korean mobile company than a western rpg developer and thats been the norm for more than a hot minute.
    My apologies, when I think RMTs, I think within the game and more commonly, between players, and not the purchase of items or services on the store as that would just flag all MMORPGs to have RMTs in the first place, removing the tag of calling an MMORPG out for having RMTs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    A new IP will take them a decade from now given that it's takinv them over 5 years for D4
    They are currently working on a PC game outside the current franchises we know, it seems, according to their employment records.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I hold StarCraft close to my heart but the playstyle that people demand from RTS games just breaks my heart. I'd love to see the franchise flourish once more, maybe stretch a bit further than just the RTS genre. Ghost got me hyped, and the loss of it, sad.
    Starcraft's universe allows you tons of potential cool games. A horror first-person game aboard a space station or something infected by Zerg. Action games aplenty, straight up shooters, grand strategy, RPG, XCOM-like tactical games, there's loads you could do. Sadly almost all of these are genres Blizzard most likely won't tackle due to them not being mass market enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starcraft's universe allows you tons of potential cool games. A horror first-person game aboard a space station or something infected by Zerg. Action games aplenty, straight up shooters, grand strategy, RPG, XCOM-like tactical games, there's loads you could do. Sadly almost all of these are genres Blizzard most likely won't tackle due to them not being mass market enough.
    Oh, I know there are options but it is about finding the pot of gold that is not empty or crowded. A first-person horror shooter could indeed be fitting for the StarCraft franchise, and maybe expand further than the space station to not resemble Dead Space too much.

Oh, I know there are options but it is about finding the pot of gold that is not empty or crowded. A first-person horror shooter could indeed be fitting for the StarCraft franchise, and maybe expand further than the space station to not resemble Dead Space too much.
    I was thinking more Alien Isolation than Dead Space personally. Dead Space just fails to be tense IMO with all the over the top music and jump scares. But a well executed horror game featuring the Zerg sounds freaking terrifying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking more Alien Isolation than Dead Space personally. Dead Space just fails to be tense IMO with all the over the top music and jump scares. But a well executed horror game featuring the Zerg sounds freaking terrifying.
    I was thinking the older Dead Space, and not the most recent, which both held up quite well, Alien Isolation was interesting too. And even so, the Protoss and Zerg, or even Terrans, could all have aspects of horror to generate for a world or worlds. Would be cool to see it as an FPS/RPG survival horror game.

I've been replaying the SC2 releases lately and while Legacy of the Void, even without the cringe ending that killed the IP forever, was a pretty mediocre phoned in affair Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm really make you want more of that world.

I mean shit i am amazed they never took the primal zerg world idea and tried to turn that into a battle royale.

Personally i'd love a horror prequel. That original cutscene from back in the day of two confederate grunts driving across a highway on mar sara or whatever and having a zergling run across their headlights really teased an alternative horror-western in space where some backwater world sees the first zerg infestation.

No thank you. I hate the dark soul games. I loved diablo one, two, and three. I would prefer that future Diablo games were the same style with improvements. Diablo 2 was great. Diablo 3 was great too but the maps in diablo 3 were boring. I think Diablo 4 will be a good combination of diablo 2 and 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    No thank you. I hate the dark soul games. I loved diablo one, two, and three. I would prefer that future Diablo games were the same style with improvements. Diablo 2 was great. Diablo 3 was great too but the maps in diablo 3 were boring. I think Diablo 4 will be a good combination of diablo 2 and 3.
    The Diablo franchise truly hit the right combo overall, though. Would love to see it thrive, and not be cursed by things such as Diablo Immortal.

I've been replaying the SC2 releases lately and while Legacy of the Void, even without the cringe ending that killed the IP forever, was a pretty mediocre phoned in affair Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm really make you want more of that world.

I mean shit i am amazed they never took the primal zerg world idea and tried to turn that into a battle royale.

Personally i'd love a horror prequel. That original cutscene from back in the day of two confederate grunts driving across a highway on mar sara or whatever and having a zergling run across their headlights really teased an alternative horror-western in space where some backwater world sees the first zerg infestation.
    duuude i knoooow, the fking legacy of void ending ruined the whole shit lol

wings of liberty is the only starcraft i know thats nice lorewise

honestly better off with a new ip, but idk what genre that would be
    Last edited by lolmmofuture; 2021-10-09 at 06:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    since all their other franchises are tainted with butt touchers and sex pests. A new IP created by the non problematic people at Blizzard will be the only thing to get me to play a Blizzard game again. Destroy the current franchises and burn them for all I care. Cannot even look at Warcraft, Scarcraft or Diablo again. Currently selling all my Blizzard merch I own too which has been heart breaking.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-10-09 at 09:35 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    since all their other franchises are tainted with butt touchers and sex pests. A new IP created by the non problematic people at Blizzard will be the only thing to get me to play a Blizzard game again. Destroy the current franchises and burn them for all I care. Cannot even look at Warcraft, Scarcraft or Diablo again. Currently selling all my Blizzard merch I own too which has been heart breaking.
    You were able to afford Blizz merch in the first place, I have no sympathy.

10+ Year Old Account

They can slap "Starcraft" tag on just about any reasonable genre PC/Console game and it will sell millions. It's mass market enough, just like Diablo 4 is. They are probably not sure what exactly they want to do with it yet, they have this creative paralysis gripping them for half a decade now.

And yes, no.1 thing Blizzard needs right now is new games. More so with all the controversies and scandals. The whole remasters, expansions and crap it's just to put something on the bread now and keep the lights on - that is still a shitton of $$, but they know full well that they need new products out to actually grow.

People who think Blizzard won't do any more PC/Console games are delusional - it's where their fans are. They will 100% invest into mobile, because really it's the smart thing to do, but their home turf now is PC/Consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    I don't want to see or buy any Blizzard games anymore.

If the recent WoW changes are any indication they only want to make superficial and non-visceral E10+ games for kids from here on out.
    Zero evidence to that other than your own head canon. For the record, excessive and/or unnecessary sexualization isn't necessary for a game to be nature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    WoW was accused of being the kiddy MMO even during vanilla.
    Baby's first MMO, not kiddy. It was mocked for being easy.

- - - Updated - - -

The Diablo franchise truly hit the right combo overall, though. Would love to see it thrive, and not be cursed by things such as Diablo Immortal.
    It won't be cursed by DI. DI, outside of the Blizzcon 2018 reaction and some PC is the only place for Diablo gatekeepers, has been received exceptionally well.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW was accused of being the kiddy MMO even during vanilla.
    Not for reasons you are implying.

It was mostly graphics and how easy it was compared to contemporary MMOs at the time.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Don't really care anymore, I will keep playing WoW during major patches while it lasts because I am attached but that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You were able to afford Blizz merch in the first place, I have no sympathy.
    Never asked for any
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance