Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    OP asking for New World. more hot takes at 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    So many of the abilities are AoE and frontal attacks that don’t require a target to be selected. Would love to see the game move all currently single target abilities to be frontal damage abilities that don’t require a target, but instead, you need to be facing the direction of the target like it is currently the case but with only a few abilities.

Tab target can continue to be there but only functions with auto attacks. Imo this change alone can bring combat to a next gen feel and differentiate itself from classic versions of the game.
    Eh, I enjoy how WoW works currently with targeting and fighting. I am not that keen on the idea of going all Wildstar.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Wildstar did this, made every single ability some form of skillshot and it worked really well.
    It made for some really high action gameplay which was very fluid. I enjoyed it but I can see it not being for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    It made for some really high action gameplay which was very fluid. I enjoyed it but I can see it not being for everyone.
    I do not mind the 'skillshot' mechanic for high-powered special attacks but the common ones, eh, not as much.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar did this, made every single ability some form of skillshot and it worked really well.
    True, but Wildstar was built with that in mind from the start. Rebuilding the entire combat system in WoW from scratch isn't exactly a quick thing to do, also melee was fucking terrible to play in Wildstar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

And remind us again where Wildstar ended up? (Also, it did not work nearly as well as most people want you to believe.)

I still for the life of me cannot understand why so many people now-a-days seem to hate tab targeting instead of respecting it for the combat system it is?

It offers a lot that other combat systems don't IMO. It has good sides and bad sides like any combat system. Action combat like dark souls is fantastic. I love it. But, I also love wow's style (when it's done well and necessitates playing at a high level of skill within the system's design).

Not all games need to be soft-aim action combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    And remind us again where Wildstar ended up? (Also, it did not work nearly as well as most people want you to believe.)
    The consensus I've seen was that it eventually became monotonous with just how much shit was constantly littering the ground with target zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Wildstar had potential if it just weren't hyped up and fueled on memes and the idea that it was meant to be like Vanilla WoW. Though, the fighting isn't what I held the fondest.

That would be one way to kill the game for me

So many of the abilities are AoE and frontal attacks that don’t require a target to be selected. Would love to see the game move all currently single target abilities to be frontal damage abilities that don’t require a target, but instead, you need to be facing the direction of the target like it is currently the case but with only a few abilities.

Tab target can continue to be there but only functions with auto attacks. Imo this change alone can bring combat to a next gen feel and differentiate itself from classic versions of the game.
    The question that you need to ask is why you would want to differentiate yourself from the classic version of the game, when the classic version of the game is the more successful one

7+ Year Old Account
    with how good blizz is making ability hitboxes and hitboxes of enemies ?
    dont think thats going to happen

I mean I played it and enjoyed it, therefore I think it worked well.

Furthermore Wildstar's combat system had nothing to do with the game dying, the hardcore design philosophy of the end game and WoW's dominance at the time saw to that.

Next.
    I played it and enjoyed it too, though only briefly. It was pretty instantly apparent that designing your entire combat system around constant Skillshot shit would get tiresome pretty quickly in the longrun. It's an entertaining idea in small doses. Making it 95% of your combat experience though, is going to go over like an action game that is 95% QTE events. It was, at least in my opinion, "too much of a good thing", if that makes any sort of sense. I can also imagine it would have been absolute hell for anyone with shitty latency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity

Why not add it as an optional feature. Replacing things is out of vogue

- - - Updated - - -

Can understand when healer is annoyed without Target
    love WoWarcraft

This would just make any mobcontrol invalid. Every CC useless. Just a tank and spank action game like so many others who play exactly the same.

One thing wow does good is actually fighting. Gameplay itself is still fun.

honestly sounds like one of those infinite asian grinding games

Diablo 2 and 3 are ------->thataway

have fun with those

Sounds like a great idea! The lack of action combat has always been the biggest downside to WoW, it sorta feels like you're not playing a real game.

No.

Next question.

where you see graphed attacks and can run out.
    This is literally how WoW already works. You can't have played the game in YEARS if you think WoW isn't flooded with ground AoEs and telegraphed attacks that you need to step out of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Sounds like a shit game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    This is literally how WoW already works. You can't have played the game in YEARS if you think WoW isn't flooded with ground AoEs and telegraphed attacks that you need to step out of.
    I think he wants a bit more warning in the visual, like with FFXIV raiding, or with Wildstar overall gameplay? I recall the mess of PvP in Wildstar with all the colored areas appearing all around you.