Horde How active will Blizzard be on server population balance through TBC and onwards?

Recently, I feel like most of the classic TBC EU servers are taking a hit, with only a couple remaining with 10k+ players.

My server happens to be falling to near 3k, 99.9% horde (I believe everyone can guess it now), and I'm getting concerned about it, as it is still considered Medium populated. This will inevitably not flag the server to receive free transfers if/when they open, and probably will not be linked to any other servers, because of the faction imbalance.

Other than forcing players to spend a ridiculous amount of gold to move servers, how do you think Blizzard can/will act on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikza View Post
    Recently, I feel like most of the classic TBC EU servers are taking a hit, with only a couple remaining with 10k+ players.

My server happens to be falling to near 3k, 99.9% horde (I believe everyone can guess it now), and I'm getting concerned about it, as it is still considered Medium populated. This will inevitably not flag the server to receive free transfers if/when they open, and probably will not be linked to any other servers, because of the faction imbalance.

Other than forcing players to spend a ridiculous amount of gold to move servers, how do you think Blizzard can/will act on this?
    classic WOW answers your question on classic TBC. especially if TBC current demand warrants blizzard doing fresh classic TBC which is diminishing in the US also right now

3+ Year Old Account
    The same activity they have been doing against gold sellers and gold buyers who are destroying our game: none.

No action as always. A single guild transfer is 1000 free euros/dollars to them.

Current trend is that of megaservers where all the people on medium/low realms are flocking to.

They could have easily opened migration from the low servers to another low one to get it to medium/high but ... money money money.

They.
    Do.
    Not.
    Care.

Bli$$ard could easily handle it with connecting servers.
    Me and my guild had to migrate recently due my faction (as it was minority) ditching our realm.
    They got free money from paid transfers and botting paying for new accounts so why would they prevent those actions and care about players/economy?
    Political corectness is also 'much more important' now because X quest is offensive for whole 3 people.

You realize that 3k people is still the "full" population of a 2007-era server ?

As it has been from the start - blizzard creates Classic, adds an auto-reply for tickets and leaves it be on its own with its scheduled prepared content. As soon as the last content patch drops, they can be hands off and let the ship drive itself.

They dont care - the game is free money to them with 0 effort. Player's pay for transfers instead of quitting to show their displeasure like they should.

3+ Year Old Account
    They don't care because people are too dumb nowadays and they transfer off any server which is not totally controlled by their faction. Have you seen those cowards fleeing from all over US to land on Benediction Alliance? If people stood up and fought back in their servers, we wouldn't have this issue and they would force Blizzard to intervene and stop milking their money.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    They don't care because people are too dumb nowadays and they transfer off any server which is not totally controlled by their faction. Have you seen those cowards fleeing from all over US to land on Benediction Alliance? If people stood up and fought back in their servers, we wouldn't have this issue and they would force Blizzard to intervene and stop milking their money.
    Please explain how this is done. Our guild literally had to change our raid day multiple times because it was impossible to get into BWL for several hours.

Ask yourself this OP. 25 euro x say realistic 50.000. Thats a lot of money for Blizzard. They dont give a fuck about us, which sucks ass. So migrate now or quit...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

They don't care. After all nobody is forcing you to play a certain server. There is a service, albeit payed, to trasfer your character anywhere you want basically, or you could go the free route and just start a fresh character. Blizz sees this as valid options (which they technically absolutely are). It's not in their interest to micromanage server populations so they won't. The servers are there, pick one, play one, have fun or not.

I played on a server that slowly died due to being near 100% horde in the end. Almost the entire guild transffered to a megaserver instead (I myself payed for 4 transfers and IDC) so, why would a company out to make money change this business model when it's a profitable one?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Ask yourself this OP. 25 euro x say realistic 50.000. Thats a lot of money for Blizzard. They dont give a fuck about us, which sucks ass. So migrate now or quit...
    Be honest with yourself. If you had a company, and you provided a payed solution for something that is a problem for someone, at a price that is mostly affordable for a large scale of the userbase, and the users are using it frequently. Would you start providing the service free, because some of the people complain? Or would you basically ignore the complaints and laugh your way to the bank?
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

Quote Originally Posted by Ogarash View Post
    They don't care. After all nobody is forcing you to play a certain server. There is a service, albeit payed, to trasfer your character anywhere you want basically, or you could go the free route and just start a fresh character. Blizz sees this as valid options (which they technically absolutely are). It's not in their interest to micromanage server populations so they won't. The servers are there, pick one, play one, have fun or not.

I played on a server that slowly died due to being near 100% horde in the end. Almost the entire guild transffered to a megaserver instead (I myself payed for 4 transfers and IDC) so, why would a company out to make money change this business model when it's a profitable one?

- - - Updated - - -

Be honest with yourself. If you had a company, and you provided a payed solution for something that is a problem for someone, at a price that is mostly affordable for a large scale of the userbase, and the users are using it frequently. Would you start providing the service free, because some of the people complain? Or would you basically ignore the complaints and laugh your way to the bank?
    I would take player feedback into consideration at the very least. Which they haven't done in 15 years on this topic. MMO's have been giving free migrate forever. I remember even old mmos like Rift had it for free.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Too many servers, not enough people
    even a full server is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    even a full server is dead
    The fuck you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You realize that 3k people is still the "full" population of a 2007-era server ?
    Honest to God, this is something people seem to completely ignore. The idea of what a healthy population looks like is so skewed. If you don’t have 10k on a server, people say it’s dead. If you don’t have hundreds upon thousands of players, the game is dead.

they said they're developing a cheaper package deal to transfer multiple characters. Thats all they will ever do. There are now too many servers for the amount of players left, and depending on how the player views a healthy population, it's on them to reroll or pay to have a better experience. Blizzard pop balance 101

my guess is they merge the ghost town servers after they get an idea of the numbers post wotlk pre-patch.
    Last edited by huehuehue; 2021-10-25 at 09:00 PM.

Normal people play on PvE servers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    yeah, this is the simple answer.

why should Blizz, ATVI Blizz, Blizzgreed, Bobby Blizz invest ANY money in server connections, server merges, or whatever, when ppl PAYING them for transfers, PAYING THEM for doing nothing ???

as long as 5 kids out there going „we have to transfer to big realm xyz“ (needed or not) and pay them money, they for sure will DO NOTHING.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    they said they're developing a cheaper package deal to transfer multiple characters. Thats all they will ever do. There are now too many servers for the amount of players left, and depending on how the player views a healthy population, it's on them to reroll or pay to have a better experience. Blizzard pop balance 101

my guess is they merge the ghost town servers after they get an idea of the numbers post wotlk pre-patch.
    yeah, cause a server trans from 1 player for 1 character is worth 2 months of sub, for a player that leave wow. the more players that leave, the empty the realms, the more existing players pay transfers. so, its a future problem. but at the actual quarter it is a bit softened by the ppl that not leave, for every player that leave. management logics