Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I haven't noticed how convoluted the 9.1 "tier" bonuses are until I made weakauras.

They are constantly suboptimal if you have a setup for Korthia/SoD and you are outside Korthia/SoD and they are constantly suboptimal for Korthia/SoD if you have a setup for 5mans/solo.

As a result a player that has to min max (in the most minimal way: they don't have to be world-first): they require weakauras to constantly use the chisel to switch content!11

And what is the problem ?

We dont like gear swapping in m+, so now you go and gearswap in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    they require weakauras to constantly use the chisel to switch content!11
    Not really? Look at it this way, do you switch your talents around between 5man vs raid because M+ usually needs more AoE focus than ST? Then just make checking your gems an extra step when you're checking your talents.

Problem solved.

Furthermore, what kind of solo content outside of Korthia/SoD and outside of M+ that requires you to have min/maxed the shards of domination? Are players min/maxing shards for Shadowlands WQing?
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    And what is the problem ?
    Typical WoW response from a WoW player. Not sure why I expected anything more from people in this game.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

I have gear for:
    Raiding, Maw/Korthia/Torghast, M+, PvP.

Isn't that hard and complicated, though would rather have two gear sets, for PvP and PvE.

OP complaining just to complain again, for like the hundredth thread.

There is an easy solution:

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    That screenshot is a very bad argument. It doesn't take into account the topic itself.
    The chisel changes shards in the same gear set.

10+ Year Old Account
    That screenshot is a very bad argument. It doesn't take into account the topic itself.

So you're complaining about the 1 extra minute it takes to remove Domination Gems and re-insert different Domination Gems?

So you actually have only 3 items with domination sockets this late in the tier?

As I said, you are complaining just to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    So you're complaining about the 1 extra minute it takes to remove Domination Gems and re-insert different Domination Gems?
    No. I imply it's pretty easy to miss if you constantly switch between raiding and 5manning. People will usually require a weakaura to not forget.

- - - Updated - - -

So you actually have only 3 items with domination sockets this late in the tier?

As I said, you are complaining just to complain.
    What is even the logic in what you said? A piece of gear may be 259 or whatever else max for that character. Not everyone has multiple pieces of similar gear.

What is even the logic in what you said? A piece of gear may be 259 or whatever else max for that character. Not everyone has multiple pieces of similar gear.
    The only reason to chisel your shards is if you only have 3 sockets, so you can change between a set for raid/Korthia and 3 damage gems for M+. If you have 5 sockets you don't have to change shards. Or are you actually changing between blood/unholy/frost sets? If you do you would switch them inside raid and not between inside/outside.

10+ Year Old Account

The logic is that if the player only has 3 pieces of gear they use that have Domination Sockets. You can have upwards to 5-6 pieces of Domination Socket gear equipped at any given time, which means you don't have to worry about constantly swapping out your Domination Gems when jumping back and forth between Maw/Korthia/SoD content and non-Maw/Korthia/SoD content. At most you may have to swap out 1 or 2. It's tedious; but it's a simple concept. Convoluted implies many many steps which is simply not the case.

You have a point about the system being tedious (which you didn't accuse it of, but I will agree that it is at least tedious), but it's in no convoluted. That's an exaggeration. Even by your example of "it is easy to miss" does not describe a convoluted system that requires a WeakAura to manage.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-10-26 at 04:36 PM.

OP complaining just to complain again, for like the hundredth thread.

There is an easy solution:

Sorry, but we don't speak nazi language.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-10-27 at 05:41 AM.

The only reason to chisel your shards is if you only have 3 sockets, so you can change between a set for raid/Korthia and 3 damage gems for M+. If you have 5 sockets you don't have to change shards. Or are you actually changing between blood/unholy/frost sets? If you do you would switch them inside raid and not between inside/outside.
    No. I have a speed gem on the tier set. It can be replaced in 5mans with a much better defense.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Sorry, but we don't speak nazi language.
    Today I learned that "M+" and "Raid" are somehow Nazi language. Also that Germany is still a Nazi country.

That's not convoluted.
    What you are describing is a good thing.
    You should be encouraged to optimize your gear given the situation.

The problem is how you actually do the switching. Very cumbersome.
    I switch talents, gear, conduits and soulbinds constantly though.
    That is a normal part of the game.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Why do you need to change gems between M+ and raid? Set doesn't work in M+ and you should already have 3 of the 5 sockets taken up by the different dps shards

God this system is dogshit though. Please never introduce this awfully boring system ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Why do you need to change gems between M+ and raid? Set doesn't work in M+ and you should already have 3 of the 5 sockets taken up by the different dps shards
    For some classes and specs it is better to have the set bonus to benefit in the raid and the individual gems for their bonuses for other content. I have 2 different tanking sets - one for m+ and one for raiding and I do end up swapping the shards based on what content I do.
    I do agree that the shard system could've been set up way more better, specially that if you want to benefit from the shard you have to turn down increased item level item.
    Not to mention that if I swap to feral or god forbid a boomkin, the sets and shards change...

No. I have a speed gem on the tier set. It can be replaced in 5mans with a much better defense.
    So that late in the tier you only have 4 sockets. Seems like a you problem.

Btw, if your socket items are not from mythic raiding you'd benefit more from using 252s instead of 239+utility shard anyway in m+