Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am so very torn right now

On one hand you have the game in a very "Not Good" place. Staring down another long content drought with no end in sight, constant pressure from "Groups" to make these changes and missing the mark, a CEO in a very difficult position of trying to please the masses *pulls up PayPal info* and getting shit on regardless of what he does, the game studio facing down multiple lawsuits and losing much of their talent *adds to cart* because they did stuff in the past (the scuminess of what they did is a talk for a different day), players that are mad for the sake *clicks Place Order* of being mad, a storyline that has made no sense, a downward trend in subs and people actually PLAYING the game...

On the other hand OHMYFUCKINGGOD ITS SO FUCKING CUTE AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I don't know. If only it were a 6 month sub mount, I'd consider *can't wait to get home to ride this pussy* buying it

Okay...

I legit can't even... like what the actual god damn fuck is this shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    I can't even call it pathetic on Blizzard's end. That's reserved for the spineless, shameless shills who are praising this
    am I allowed to praise the mount itself? does this only apply to praising the business practice?

Or am I a spineless shameless shill for praising how cool the mount looks?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

This thing looks so... odd.

*edit - F's in the chat for 6 month sub freebies.

They've often teased the next expansion with store mounts.

Cat themed 10.0 incoming.

PS - they're going to sell a metric BUTTLOAD of these. It's a cat. Cats sell. (I'm more of a dog person, myself, and would never buy a shop mount, but there are millions of cat fanatics who will.)

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    I can't even call it pathetic on Blizzard's end. That's reserved for the spineless, shameless shills who are praising this
    I was already sold, but I'll gift another one just to prove my spineless shillness. WELL EARNED I say.

New CEOs in action - more PR more milking

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a nice mount (although just appears to use the Vulpine model with a different face) but the saddle...I don't like that at all. Too big and doesn't work for me

I have no issues with Blizzard adding store mounts, money for them, cool mounts for us. If it goes on sale - this christmas sale is unlikely but still possible, but next year for sure - it costs one token. I've paid significantly more for uglier "ingame" mounts.

But they must be aware what kind of message they are sending when adding it in an ongoing time of content draught, with nothing announced and the whole company in turmoil. It really makes you wonder if the "don't you have phones" guy is now running their PR.
    Last edited by Puri; 2021-10-28 at 08:05 PM.

SL is, imho, a lost expansion. They've lost their way and the players have lost out too.

This is the first time in a while I've actually laughed at something in the game, so why not?

This looks like a mount straight out of a Korean MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    tell me you copy final fantasy without telling me you copied it ! :P
    FFXIV has a cash shop cat mount but it looks nothing like the stereotypical cat mount that is ubiqutous in korean MMOs. Still costs $24 though.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I love how Bobby Kotick released that statement and then immediately afterwards they release a store mount.
    He is so far up the chain he might not even be aware that WoW was releasing a mount on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    This is the greatest answer to today's thread about "How can vicious circle of bad content be broken?". Don't buy that sh*t, if you want Wow to be saved!
    The battle against horse armor DLC was lost over a decade ago. If the past 10 years have taught me anything, it's that customers are addicted to brands and will keep buying even when the company behind said brand gives them terrible service. Boycotts don't work. Corporations have too much money, and there are too many loyal fans who don't care. The West doesn't have a boycott culture like Japan where you can get near unanimous boycotting of a company. The boycotters in the West are in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarven View Post
    Imagine all the vulpera riding around on this in Orgrimmar. What even is this game anymore..
    This has been a lost cause since Pandas were added, arguably even earlier when sexy blood elves were shoehorned into the Horde.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    there are millions of cat fanatics who will.)
    Yup. I have to have it.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

My only issue with this thing is its giant, cold, dead green eyes. Does it blink?

10+ Year Old Account
    30% of the guild insta bought. Cat mount duuuh, our resident crazy cat lady was giga excited. Nice mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    30% of the guild insta bought. Cat mount duuuh, our resident crazy cat lady was giga excited. Nice mount.
    Hazelnutty is going to be gaga over it.

One cat 50 MSK. Two cat 75 MSK.

Cash shop items were never okay, nor will they ever be in a subscription based game, put it ingame without any extra cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Cash shop items were never okay, nor will they ever be in a subscription based game, put it ingame without any extra cost.
    You're welcome to go hang out in FFXIV
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I haven't played SL but, I thought this was a copy of an in game mob.

Are there other cats in SL like this or is this completely unique, as in this is the first time anyone has seen a model like this?
    I haven't seen any other models like this in game, which is the only problem I have with it. Mounts should be in game models of mobs or at least NPC pets IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    You're welcome to go hang out in FFXIV
    Can't stand the look of that game unfortunately and they aren't any better ;P