Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by whyabadi View Post
    Wasn't there a mention of some forbidden knowledge that he wanted to possess and that's why he was banished?
    The Sepulcher, supposedly has some super secret stuff in it the First Ones were all told to stay out of. There isn't anything in there, just stay out of it. Zovaal decided it held all this sweet loot or what not demanded to get in, started a fight to get into it. Got his ass whooped, banished, and is now butt hurt about it. If the writers had balls the Jailer would breach the Sepulcher and find out that it really was empty. Just a pristine empty room, and that all he had done was for jack shit.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    The Sepulcher, supposedly has some super secret stuff in it the First Ones were all told to stay out of. There isn't anything in there, just stay out of it. Zovaal decided it held all this sweet loot or what not demanded to get in, started a fight to get into it. Got his ass whooped, banished, and is now butt hurt about it. If the writers had balls the Jailer would breach the Sepulcher and find out that it really was empty. Just a pristine empty room, and that all he had done was for jack shit.
    Wouldn't be surprised if 'the Sepulcher' is just a metaphor for the writing team themselves and Zovaal discovers that the entire universe is a work of collaborative fiction. That would be consistent at least with all the self congratulatory masturbation the WoW writers get paid to do.

Quote Originally Posted by whyabadi View Post
    Wasn't there a mention of some forbidden knowledge that he wanted to possess and that's why he was banished?
    yeah he was trying to find out who asked for this plot

We know Zovaal was once the Arbiter, but he did 'something vague' and was cast down to lord over the Maw (Think Satan in Christianity), in his place the covenant leaders created a new Arbiter who was impartial and just.

My theory: Zovaal attempted to break the cycle, possibly something to do with Elune (I think what will be revealed is that Elune is the Arbiter of the realm of life, she decides which souls re-enter the world of the living as babies). Maybe there was a weird cosmic love story going on, maybe Zovaal was blinded by jealousy or hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Didn't you watch endgame? because the writers sure did with Tha-not.
    It's hilarious to me that people call Zovaal shit and a ripoff of Thanos when Thanos' reason to end half of the universe was just as stupid.

If you delete half the pigs and half the people the food doesn't increase!!

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    It's hilarious to me that people call Zovaal shit and a ripoff of Thanos when Thanos' reason to end half of the universe was just as stupid.

If you delete half the pigs and half the people the food doesn't increase!!
    Thanos' plan is dumb, but how he get there felt human.

He's like an MMO-C poster who thinks wow's problem is X, and when wow inevitable dies, will feel validated that if blizz had just done what they wanted to fix X, wow would have have 100 million users forever.

Are you all aware of "The One Above All" in Marvel?

He's the God. He's the God of the beings lesser beings worship as Gods. He's who God, Zeus, Jesus, Odin etc. All take authority to. It was agreed in marvel comics, due to constant cosmic power creep by writers, that nobody can ever create someone more powerful than him.

I think Warcraft's "God" as in, the dude who can slap around Aman'Thul, can just erase reality with a sneeze and flick Sargeras like a dry booger has something to do with the Sepulcher.

What is a Sepulcher? A monument to an important dead person. Who would be someone even the First ones are told never to disturb?

7+ Year Old Account
    i assume Zovaal wants to use the world soul as energy source for the machine

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Who would be someone even the First ones are told never to disturb?
    The First Ones were the ones to tell others not to do the disturbing. You're thinking of the Eternal Ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    i assume Zovaal wants to use the world soul as energy source for the machine
    Which one? He's not gone after any World Soul so far. Also, what machine?

5+ Year Old Account
    He just dislike that death realm is a prison and the celestials themselves are being reborn back to life each time they die. Either they come back or turn to something else. He’s just simply jealous.

7+ Year Old Account
    @huth azeroth and the machine to reset the universe death thing
    death comes after your world or what ever

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    @huth azeroth and the machine to reset the universe death thing
    death comes after your world or what ever
    He just gobbled that machine up. And that's the typical BBEG overblown "I will kill you and everybody your little dog knows" threat. Not necessarily a meaningful statement.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    In quest text we learn that the Jailer was cast down into the Maw.
    in quest text weve "learned" a lot of things that get retconned or revealed to be just a point of view or written by someone without true knowledge.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    What if Sargeras wasn't the only one who saw the threat of the void lords.
    I thought it was pretty obvious in the cinematic that he wants to do the same thing Sargeras does.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalrok View Post
    I thought it was pretty obvious in the cinematic that he wants to do the same thing Sargeras does.
    i think sargeras, zovaal and the void lords all want to destroy the universe. and so does Cookie Clicker.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The only tie back to the titans I'm interested in is what he wants with Azeroth and how that ties to Argus, the most-definitely-absolutely-a-Death-Titan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

It'll be the end of reality as we know it!

...which is totally and absolutely a real danger and could happen you guys, please believe this, it's STAKES you know!

Zovaal is (so far) completely uninteresting as a villain. Just the same world-ending nonsense with obviously evil signposting. We get it you're a bad dude, everything is at stake but not really, and you'll die in the final raid. Compelling writing, that.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It'll be the end of reality as we know it!

...which is totally and absolutely a real danger and could happen you guys, please believe this, it's STAKES you know!

Zovaal is (so far) completely uninteresting as a villain. Just the same world-ending nonsense with obviously evil signposting. We get it you're a bad dude, everything is at stake but not really, and you'll die in the final raid. Compelling writing, that.
    I think this is sort of the thing where wow truly shows its age. WoW's graphics get better every expansion, and its systems see adjustment and refinement (even if the result an be debatable).

But wow's proven at this point that nothing is really going to change. The only change blizz does is blow up some capitols now and then, and that's mostly because they don't care about non-SW/Org capitols anyway, and oddly enough capitol destruction is always done by the Horde, not all the various other villains out there.

Every non-horde villain just has a little month-long lootfest in the prepatch and then they just get dismantled by the end of the expansion.

I have played this expansion for the first half year.

I needed to google just now who the fuck Zovaal is.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "Im evil" - thats it.
    Except the entire story has revolved around the fact that he isn't evil to anyone except the 4 covs who it turns out imprisoned him for suggesting the cycle was broken and they fix it.

The only problem is he suffered too much and now that he's close to the original goal he wants to make those who put him in that state to suffer.

It's pretty easy to call the lore bad and misunderstand the game I guess when you're not even watching/reading the game you're playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Finding out that Zovaal is literally just Sargeras with a new coat of paint would be the icing on the cake that is this trainwreck of a story
    I'm assuming you're in the same boat as the guy above. There is no trainwreck unless the story was always a trainwreck. Stop memeing and actually use your own ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Except he, Sylvanas, and the 4 cov leaders know something about "the cycle" that we don't and clearly the sep has something to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    He just dislike that death realm is a prison and the celestials themselves are being reborn back to life each time they die. Either they come back or turn to something else. He’s just simply jealous.
    It's clearly NOT a prison. What game have you been playing. It has ONE part that is a prison. "The cycle" they keep mentioning clearly means it's a two way street other than the maw which makes sense you wouldn't want certain souls to return.

Then again when you see the atrocities committed by the venthyr inquisitors and several others who are not in the maw, one has to wonder what it really takes to go there as if it was a rare occurrence before the Arbitor went offline.

Regardless, Shadowlands are not a prison.