Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Getting promoted for destroying the game. Sounds about right for Blizzard, I believe it.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    The content in BFA was objectively awful and detracted from the game, content amount doesn't matter when its dogshit.
    And you think content in Shadowlands is any better? I got burnt out on doing world quests after the first few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Oh yes, i want.

How is that different from a healer DC'ing on mythic+? It's even worse.

Nah, that is not what i want. I want 10 or 8 man. Easy to organize raid groups. Devs don't know s**t. 10 man was super popular. It was another of those dumb moves made on Ion era cause they wanted 25/20 man raids to be the proponent effect of the game cause that is what the elitist jerks did. People preferred 10 man to 25 man. That is why they removed it. Another perfect example of "we know best" you don't know what you want. Arrogant and backwards thinking as always. They are simply forcing larger raid sizes on us and the result is there for all to see.
    No. On a 20man with 4 (or even more) healers then a 4 second dc during high damage may be extremely comfy in many cases because they usually have an order of CDs and the DC'ed can either be replaced or just not be their turn yet in a higher probability than in the 10man.

In general I think a lot of people talk a lot out of nostalgia for those things; I also had great friends during 10man in Ulduar; but I know the mechanics of the setup itself was crap or at least much-much worse than at least 12-14man with 3 healers.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    No. On a 20man with 4 (or even more) healers then a 4 second dc during high damage may be extremely comfy in many cases because they usually have an order of CDs and the DC'ed can either be replaced or just not be their turn yet in a higher probability than in the 10man.

In general I think a lot of people talk a lot out of nostalgia for those things; I also had great friends during 10man in Ulduar; but I know the mechanics of the setup itself was crap or at least much-much worse than at least 12-14man with 3 healers.
    Ok, i entertained but i am now gonna go out and say that the DC argument is irrelevant. The game just has to work as intended, so that is a silly argument. We cannot design game systems in the case someone DC's. It's a game. The design is supposed to be about how fun it can be.

It is not nostalgia, it was vastly easier to organize than a 20/25 person group. It made it more casual friendly. It's easier to make and join groups. It's practicality. I organized both 10 man groups and 20 man groups and in-between. 10 is the easiest one to organize and lead.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-11-05 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    If you keep telling it, someone might believe it.

I don't know what's your beef with M+, but it's pretty clearly one of the most successful major features added in WoW in like a decade.

Blizz dreams of making another game mode that is as successful as that one, that's why they keep trying stuff like Warfronts, Torghast and Islands - just to find that one another thing to keep the show going on top of raiding/M+.
    I agree, m+ has been a huge success. They need to iterate on it though. As casual player, m+ should be my ideal game mode; I just log in and play for a bit, pugging in group finder. The problem for me is the timer, which makes pugging just a miserable experience because everyone gets so mad at people who mess up. One wipe and it's over, time to find a new group.

And here's my solution, which people will hate: no timer until +16, focus on making it difficult to complete. KSM reward at +16. Listen, hardcore players are getting plus 15 done anyway and getting their mythic level loot in the first week, so it's not like the timer is affecting them in any way. But for us casual players who get KSM a few months in, the timer is nightmare fuel. You can't tank unless you memorize the route ahead of time. There's no time to just casually chat in a dungeon, everything is go go go. And the penalty for failure is everyone screams at a new player and he leaves. It's grown to become this incredibly toxic place, and something needs to change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    You don't want to do 10man; it was objectively a very big handicap to you for mechanical and strategic reasons; for example you were usually restricted to 2 healers so you were often forced to wipe just because someone had a dc for 4 seconds.

At the very least you should wish for something like a stable 14man because at least that has some limited redundancy; or to be honest: just bite the bullet and don't be scared of 20mans; they are really not that gigantic for most leaders.

Let alone because of those handicaps I mentioned first: devs knew that and were nerfing 10mans to the ground; as a result nobody respected them compared to 25man and that was contaminating the sense of achievement.
    How often are your healers dcing? If it's more than once every 20 attempts something is wrong.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    wishful thinking... nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    This guy has shit RIO Score
    Havent touched it in shadowlands true. Thats why said what I said

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    How can you seriously ask for SOLO content? Play a different game.
    The game needs solo content. But not at the expense of raids and m+. Without solo content to do between raids and m+, people end up raid logging. People raid logging lose interest in the game extremely fast. When I have done my weekly m+ cache and raids twice a week. I have literally no content to do.

'I watched Accolon' lost me.

Nothing would change anyway.

Cool fan fiction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    I agree, m+ has been a huge success. They need to iterate on it though. As casual player, m+ should be my ideal game mode; I just log in and play for a bit, pugging in group finder. The problem for me is the timer, which makes pugging just a miserable experience because everyone gets so mad at people who mess up. One wipe and it's over, time to find a new group.

And here's my solution, which people will hate: no timer until +16, focus on making it difficult to complete. KSM reward at +16. Listen, hardcore players are getting plus 15 done anyway and getting their mythic level loot in the first week, so it's not like the timer is affecting them in any way. But for us casual players who get KSM a few months in, the timer is nightmare fuel. You can't tank unless you memorize the route ahead of time. There's no time to just casually chat in a dungeon, everything is go go go. And the penalty for failure is everyone screams at a new player and he leaves. It's grown to become this incredibly toxic place, and something needs to change.

- - - Updated - - -

How often are your healers dcing? If it's more than once every 20 attempts something is wrong.
    I like this idea. Mythic and Raiding has destroyed casual and semi casual groups, but it’s not all Ion’s doing. A little digging brings out the Systems Designer and others working on crucial parts of the grind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    Then create a group and make it clear you will still completing it even with no timer? The problem isn't the system but how people approach it. You can't fix that with any amount of design because players will always look to maximize their time and want the best possible outcome. It is why R.IO is just the latest way to do that in WoW. No one screams at new players from my experience unless you are way above the key you should be at. +2 (or even +5 since world item level is equal to that) are pretty chill.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    So I was watching the shill show on you tube by Accolonn. He was saying there is a leak that Ion hazzikostas is leaving with 10.0 and moving up to a new position with Activation Blizzard. Now this is a "leak and could be total BS. but what impact do you think this would have on everything if true?
    It doesn't matter. The Team as a whole still develops the game, he is not dictator. Second, the people who will cheer for this will just end up attacking whoever succeeds him. Ghostcrawler was attacked to the point Blizzard offered him private security for his home due to threats. He left for Riot and everyone cheered. Then Ion took over and the cycle began again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    STRONGLY disagree, worst period is still BY FAAAAAR WoD
    BFA and SL are not greatest, but they are far above WoD, they are... average, not too bad not too good

you might argue wod was better due to class design and i wouldnt be totaly opposed to that, but there was no reason to play it...
    its like i give you a Ferrari BUT! there is no road, just your driveway... wouldnt you rather have Volkswagen and places to drive it to?
    WOD was a fine expansion with poor managment of time most of the team was already working on legion - had they not pulled resources from WOD to work on legion as WOD came out.. it would've been a decent enough expansion but they got bogged down in player housing and lagging the server looking for solutions to that which took up far too much time.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

I would take WOD in a heartbeat over garbage like M+ and borrowed power. They need to go back to the stuff that worked in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    I hope it's not total BS. Would be the best leak ever.
    If he's being promoted, how is that good? His horribly flawed design philosophies aren't going to change. He'll just have even more influence and control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    If he's being promoted, how is that good? His horribly flawed design philosophies aren't going to change. He'll just have even more influence and control.
    There are numerous Executive VP positions within Blizzard that have nothing to do with game design or production. That said, I don't believe this leak for one second.

People should be careful about what they wish for. I can think of at least five well-known names at Blizzard that would likely be worse than Hazzikostas.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    I like this idea. Mythic and Raiding has destroyed casual and semi casual groups, but it’s not all Ion’s doing. A little digging brings out the Systems Designer and others working on crucial parts of the grind.
    Yeah, I would love M+ without the timer.

I dont really think the timer adds a lot in lower keys, above 15 definitely, but below that, meh.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    People should be careful about what they wish for. I can think of at least five well-known names at Blizzard that would likely be worse than Hazzikostas.
    Now you made me curious as to who these 5 might be.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.