Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm not going to say much because I didn't try the beta, but if the melee (warriors I can't speak for rogues) are having trouble that means they are playing wrong. I bet if they released that data you would see people standing in crap that's not even much of a dps loss to avoid. Banging the keys harder and ignoring the fact the fight is going to be longer isn't going to work well. Also what consumes were they using? Even if you give people a potion/item that doesn't mean they will use them right (i.e. prepotting resist potions so you can use another during the fight and using multiple rank lock health stones). Seems small but if you go in with mindset you are going to magically do double damage ... that's not the class that's the player.

why your intrest is lost

- - - Updated - - -

this happens most of the times

ya, no class tuning and no world buffs just means there are going to be only pally and priests heals, tank warriors only, mages and locks as the only ranged and rogues with a few warriors for melee. druids are fucked, hunters are fucked and shammies are fucked. season of mastery? not seeing where the mastery comes into play.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    ya, no class tuning and no world buffs just means there are going to be only pally and priests heals, tank warriors only, mages and locks as the only ranged and rogues with a few warriors for melee. druids are fucked, hunters are fucked and shammies are fucked. season of mastery? not seeing where the mastery comes into play.
    The mastery is in knowing that this will be a hyper optimized spergfest and adjusting to that meta accordingly.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Sounds like I won't be playing this Season of Mastery then. Longer fights, less viable classes in raids, who wants to play that, again? Sad that one year will be wasted until Blizzard can actually put in something that would be fun in Classic+.

You people really should get a life...

Its funny to see how private wow server, with all its positives and negatives, managed to make classless wow with their small team. Or even a server with 21 completely new classes.
    and Blizz dev team doesnt even want to do any class balance adjustments, not to mention changes. Or even try to experiment with them even a bit on this seasonal server.

With that being said. I see slim to no reason to even play this. Its basically 1.12 with nerfed buffs and buffed bosses that gets wiped after a year.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2021-11-06 at 10:55 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Surprised they try this before at least attempting a single balancing pass
    They could've put it up for a community vote

This'll be interesting for the hardcore segment, everybody else will just sit out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Lots of melee unfriendly mechanics.

Rain of Fire in Gehennas for example punishes melee heavy setups, they take loads of more damage than caster ones, with bosses having more HP and healer mana thus being an issue, this naturally matters.
    If you have 10-20 Melees and all of those suddenly lose 1/3 of their health every 2 seconds, that's just not something healers can compensate for long in Classic.

Same goes for the new mechanic on Garr, have that suicide add charging into Melee.

Melees can also no longer tank the Inferno on Geddon because the boss won't die in 15 seconds.

Shazzrah goes without saying.

Most importantly, melees, especially Warriors, scaled much better with World buffs than casters, Fury is no longer as dominant as they were in Classic.
    And then? What with the rest of the content excluding the world buffs warriors will still be dominating later into the patches. Even if they scale better with the buffs ranged dps also lose them and they will still be falling behind. Classic is not only MC. No adjustments to the classes makes no meaning to me when it is #classicwithchanges.
    A very cool signature text.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Surprised they try this before at least attempting a single balancing pass
    They could've put it up for a community vote

This'll be interesting for the hardcore segment, everybody else will just sit out.
    Pretty much. Yeah.
    One thing that comes to my mind is that they MIGHT start experiment with it later on as with Diablo3.

Season 1 could be just "clean" season, almost no effort sustainable thing. Pretty much all they need to keep an eye on is boss health as its only thing thats changed.
    This would give them extra year, whole season, to decide what they want to do with it and in which direction they want to take it.

wait.. does this mean rank1-14 gear will be available to grind for on day1?

If you don't like it then don't play it. Its so simple. Not everything is made FOR YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    And then? What with the rest of the content excluding the world buffs warriors will still be dominating later into the patches.
    The testing was only centered around MC but disregarding that, i doubt that Blizzard is done adding mechanics to bosses because most BWL bosses aren't that challenging either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    Even if they scale better with the buffs ranged dps also lose them and they will still be falling behind. Classic is not only MC.
    Because in later phases, Bosses themselves sometimes punish melee heavy comps.

Melees struggle on Twin Emps, because the Melee Twin has more HP and they have to move a lot more.
    Melees struggle on Ouro because the constant knockback + Threat issues.
    Melees struggle on C'thun because they struggle to spread for the Eye beam during Phase one.

Disregarding that, having lots of melees means even more competition on Melee items, if you have 20 Warriors, you want 20 Onslaught belts and i don't think splitraiding will be very popular without World buffs.
    The only way you can reasonably offset this if all of those Warriors do PvP and get their gear there, but that naturally has a huge barrier.

No class tuning is blizzard dropping the ball on classic IMO , even if they decided to do a season 2 with those changes they would already burn the season one playerbase , because who is sadistic enough to redo it all again after just one year

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    No class tuning is blizzard dropping the ball on classic IMO , even if they decided to do a season 2 with those changes they would already burn the season one playerbase , because who is sadistic enough to redo it all again after just one year
    Umm.. the whole idea of classic seasons on a yearly timer is pretty much build on being repeating the same thing over and over. Even if they implemented it now for this turn, you'd still run the risk of just burning out like most people by this time next year, before the next season starts with its new changes. It's going to be a constant replaying of the same base game with a few different bells and whistles.

Imho Blizzard should have gone for something like OSRS here, treating an MMORPG (without massive XP and item drop buffs) like a diabolo season, no actually worse, is most likely not sustainable. While I was never fond of the whole classic thing, I believe this will hurt the franchise in the long run, as it will fragment the playerbase even more. Currently we already have 3 versions, after SoM it will be 4 and once WotlkC comes out it will be 5. If the transition between vanilla classic and tbcc repeats and establishes a pattern, we might be looking at 2 near dead games, 1 that has dwindled massively, whatever survives after SoM1 and whatever may become out of retail.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-11-07 at 08:03 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Not making my boomkin more viable fuck playing soa then