Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Archivist' Codex 10k rep / hour, Desmotaeron Animaflow Teleporter, DLC #795

The Archivist' Codex 10k rep / hour
    Rextroy has made a guide showing how to farm 10k reputation per hour with The Archivist' Codex. This is incredibly useful for anyone that wants to get the paragon mount (Tamed Mauler Harness), upgrade their conduits (Death-Bound Shard), or add sockets to their gear (Alloy-Warping Facetor).

In 9.1.5 they buffed the mobs inside the Rift in Korthia, they now drop Relic Fragments too! However most of them has quite poor droprate except the big elites called Famished Darkness. These has a similar loot table to rares in Korthia... The only difference is that they are much easier to farm, since there are a lot of them.

Their numbers are especially large in the Maw, which most people might not think about. You are also able to skip the root NPCs completely!

Depending on your Archivist's tier, they will drop different amount of relics. However at tier 5 you quite often see 3-4 Perplexing Rune-Cubes or Tattered Fae Designs, granting 150 research each...

Also keep in mind you need to be tier 4 to be able to keep buying the Repaired Riftkeys, but it goes quite fast these days to reach 4, also the rares in Korthia has quite a solid key droprate

By forming a party of 5, I was able to grind about 9250 reputation in 1 hour and 5 minutes, by maximizing the route and RNG, you can definitely reach 10k reputation an hour without too much trouble...

The most important is that you are early to grind it, before more people figure it out and starts to farm the Darkness!

Desmotaeron Animaflow Teleporter Unlock Requirement
    Blizzard has shared how to unlock the Desmotaeron Animaflow Teleporter.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Transport to SoD/World boss?

Just curious where this is. Read elsewhere you buy something off Venari, but she didn’t have any related items. My rep with her is maxed. But I didnt do all her quests. Is that the issue? Im up to rule 5

To be clear, the Desmotaeron Animaflow is available to any of your characters as long as one of your characters has the Sanctum of Domination achievement.

If for some reason it’s still unavailable, you may need to log in on the character with the achievement at least once.

Dark Legacy Comics #795 - The Pirate
    DLC #795 has been released!

Last edited by Lumy; 2021-11-25 at 11:39 AM.

Was it really necessary to lock this teleporter behind clearing the raid? Yes it's not a massive thing but this feels like it's just deliberately annoying. This isn't, like, an actual mechanics skip like the in-raid skips - this is literally just for convenience. Reminds me of some of the design of Argus in Legion where you could just tell in some places they changed the terrain not for lore reasons but specifically to make you take more time getting across. That's just... such a mean thing to do.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Was it really necessary to lock this teleporter behind clearing the raid? Yes it's not a massive thing but this feels like it's just deliberately annoying. This isn't, like, an actual mechanics skip like the in-raid skips - this is literally just for convenience. Reminds me of some of the design of Argus in Legion where you could just tell in some places they changed the terrain not for lore reasons but specifically to make you take more time getting across. That's just... such a mean thing to do.
    it only came in in 9.1.5. the bulk of the playerbase has it already, and it's pretty easy to do even on LFR

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    it only came in in 9.1.5. the bulk of the playerbase has it already, and it's pretty easy to do even on LFR
    I get that, but it's about the principle of the thing. Like say I came back in 9.1.5 as a new player, WHY do you make me walk before I clear this? Why even put this on an unlock instead of giving it to everyone if it's that easy?

Archivist rep patched in 3,2,1

I get that, but it's about the principle of the thing. Like say I came back in 9.1.5 as a new player, WHY do you make me walk before I clear this? Why even put this on an unlock instead of giving it to everyone if it's that easy?
    1. You can't "come back" to 9.1.5 as a new player.
    2. We all might as well start at/with X once the X patch comes out. No need to earn anything.
    3. Requirements, it's a thing.
    4. 'it's about the principle of the thing.' typically equates to said person just being lazy.

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

Quote Originally Posted by TbouncerT View Post
    You know what I meant, stop being deliberately obtuse.
    2. We all might as well start at/with X once the X patch comes out. No need to earn anything.
    No one said "no need to earn ANYTHING", this is about this one specific thing and the underlying design philosophy of locking pointless things behind pointless requirements, not about anything to do with MEANINGFUL progression.
    But what's the point here?
    4. 'it's about the principle of the thing.' typically equates to said person just being lazy.
    Or, you know, HAVING PRINCIPLES. If you just swallow whatever without a sliver of critical thought, hey, that's cool, you do you. I like to actually question things a little, because that's how we (hopefully) get some fundamental changes into the underlying mindsets.

No one said "no need to earn ANYTHING", this is about this one specific thing and the underlying design philosophy of locking pointless things behind pointless requirements, not about anything to do with MEANINGFUL progression.

Or, you know, HAVING PRINCIPLES. If you just swallow whatever without a sliver of critical thought, hey, that's cool, you do you. I like to actually question things a little, because that's how we (hopefully) get some fundamental changes into the underlying mindsets.
    Write what you mean, don't make people 'assume' what you mean. You seem to be new to the game space if you do not understand having requirements for things (big or small). It's only pointless because YOU take it as such. The fact that you're complaining about something small and could easily be solved by playing the game is beyond me. I wish I could play a game and just exist and get everything without having to do barely anything. There are greater issues at hand than worrying about this minor 'inconvenience' to you. With that last bit, not even going to touch that as it seems like touched a nerve if you have to be insulting and clearly shows the type of person you are, no thanks. I hope you get everything you want in life. Best wishes.

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

Dark Legacy comic on point like always.

Write what you mean, don't make people 'assume' what you mean.
    I wrote what I meant, you cannot possibly be serious about not understanding what the point was. You're trying to be pedantic about something entirely irrelevant, while dodging the actual point in its entirety.

You seem to be new to the game space if you do not understand having requirements for things (big or small). It's only pointless because YOU take it as such. The fact that you're complaining about something small and could easily be solved by playing the game is beyond me.
    No, what's beyond you is understanding what I wrote earlier, i.e. that it's not a generalization but a specific point. You're still pretending (deliberately I would hope because if this is an actual failure of comprehension, then all is lost with this conversation) that I'm trying to attack ALL requirements - I'm not. I'm attacking one particular representation of the concept, that puts pointless requirements on mechanics of pure convenience. Of course it's easy to fulfil, stupidly easy - SO WHY IS IT THERE. If your answer is "well that's just requirements, duh" then that's exactly the problematic mindset I'm talking about, an unquestioning, uncritical acceptance of a status quo for no meaningful reason - and, judging from your replies, it's worse than that even, as you seem to be championing a kind of just-because attitude that doesn't even contemplate critique.

There are greater issues at hand than worrying about this minor 'inconvenience' to you.
    Absolutely. And why, pray tell, do you think that just because greater issues exist, smaller issues do not deserve criticism? Is there some kind of monomaniacal focus at work that only allows us to look at THE NUMBER ONE BIGGEST ISSUE and everything else is on hold until its turn? In what universe does that make sense?

Eh, to be fair -- transportation in WoW is one of the worst in the (current) MMO category.

The question is: How much time in an MMO should be filler / do-nothing-but-stare for a player to "enjoy" the game properly?

Write what you mean, don't make people 'assume' what you mean.
    Imagine harping on this subject. Everyone - including you - knew exactly what they meant. Stop being a pedant for the sake of being a pedant.

Throwing a tantrum because you actually have to play the game is not "HAVING PRINCIPLES". Insulting others is not critical thought. Instead of "being an individual" you could've just done LFR and it would all be over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

There's only one thing i can say about the green used for those rare links: Ow, my eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Throwing a tantrum because you actually have to play the game is not "HAVING PRINCIPLES".
    And making snarky comments without contributing to the actual discussion is so incredibly unhelpful.

"Have to actually play the game" doesn't quite jive with the above-mentioned "you get it for free anyway" argument either. That's... sort of my point. It's basically pointless, so why ISN'T it free? If this was something meaningful locked behind an actual achievement that's an entirely different argument; but it's not. It's a convenience perk locked behind an (effective) non-achievement so why isn't it just free from the start? And don't you come back with "oh so you want EVERYTHING to be free...!" because that's a) asinine; and b) something I've already refuted as a strawman about a half dozen times.

You should be more pissed that Blizzard dropped 1 content patch in a yr..

Wasn't I infracted for talking about this is now its on the front page?

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    Wasn't I infracted for talking about this is now its on the front page?
    Well, should have bought the premium membership. :P
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Was it really necessary to lock this teleporter behind clearing the raid?
    My thoughts exactly. When I saw this I was thinking "why". I use that teleporter to do that world boss. I play tanks so I don't get dazed and am not in danger, but it's still such a useless tedium to get there.
    It's 9.1.5, why does it have to have a requirement this late in the expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Eh, to be fair -- transportation in WoW is one of the worst in the (current) MMO category.
    Rofl. <reads again to be sure> What? Oh sweet Summer child,try and play another MMO first before making sweeping statement like this.

WOW's transportation is one of the best in the MMO category, past and current.
    I would say that only maybe TESO comes close.