Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i had to start writing down my thoughts half way through just cause of how stupid this sounds.
    “pulls together” threads that were shoved in where they didn’t exist.

9.2 is the final chapter of one book. So last patch of sl?

Sylvanas tricked… who guessed…

Sigils still not explained

Realm unlike we’ve seen with floating trees and rocks (Nagrand anyone?)

Zereth mortis creates afterlives but oribos filters into afterlives. Oribos is well kept so why is zereth mortis in ruins when it has tons of keepers?

Why are the eternal ones creating afterlives? This implies that the entire shadowlands is artificial.

Half desert half forest to try and give a testing ground vibe. So un’goro crater…

Animal prototypes allowed to freely roam which can cause problems.

4 different keepers of zereth mortis and yet this place is in ruins.

The devourers follow us, keepers dislike us for it, but we somehow convince them we are here to help when we’ve only brought harm

We have to learn an entirely new language. Learning a language isn’t easy so why won’t zovaal win before we learn it?

Jailer isn’t after power. That is why he is going to a place of power. Great writing danuser.

We fight anduin to learn about/fight domination magic… WHY DON’T WE JUST ASK THE FREAKING PRIMUS! HE CAN USE IT AND DID SO TO BIND ZOVAAL!

Closing chapter, final chapter, last entry, it definitely sounds like this will be the only patch of 2022.
    i stopped caring about the story and i expected nothing from this preview and yet i'm still disappointed...
    Last edited by aceperson; 2021-11-11 at 06:32 PM.

Another system, another currency. Isn't that exactly what people didn't want?

Wow, it's most probably the last patch of Shadowlands. Well, it was pretty much obvious for quite a while now.

But boy, oh boy, it's pretty anticlimactic. If they truly refer to Legion --> Battle for Azeroth --> Shadowlands as a "book of Warcraft saga", and Shadowlands is it's "final chapter", AND 9.2 is indeed the last patch of that saga, then based on what we have seen, hands down. 1 raid, no dungeon, pretty uniteresting, titan-esque / soulless themed zone, and, also based on history, pretty lame story.

Just let Danuser and his team finish this "book" and let fresh, exciting and creative team take over, to provide a better story for this saga.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This trailer is full of red flags!

Red Flag 1: It was not a live presentation like we got in the past.
    Red Flag 2: Ion Hazzikostas the Warcraft Game Director is nowhere to be seen!?
    Red Flag 3: 9.2 is the final patch of Shadowlands, the end of a book, really?
    Red Flag 4: Lots of lore info in 11 minutes barely anything on the real content.
    Red Flag 5: "Unlock more dailies" was mentioned in the trailer
    Red Flag 6: Time gating is clearly happing in 9.2
    Red Flag 7: Another rush end?
    Red Flag 8: No new Dungeons?!
    Red Flag 9: seems to be more of the same...
    Red Flag 10: NO RELEASE WINDOW OR DATE!

Future Red Flags: Noting about the future of WoW after 9.2, other that we're working on the next chapter, so how long between 9.1.5 till 9.2 and from 9.2 till ????
    Future Red Flags: Everything of the story and raids will be spoiled by the PTR again!
    Future Red Flags: This trailer makes really clear that Blizzard will forced diversity for the sole purpose of garnering attention and/or sales.

5+ Year Old Account
    FOR FUCKS SAKE BLIZZ...this looks like shit! Just announce Wotlk Classic already! Ulduar looks better than all this crap!

Wotlk Classic is the only thing that can save your imcompetent uncreative worthless butts!

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-11-11 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I was hoping it'd be closer than that honestly. A friend of mine is predicting April for 9.2 (meaning a 10 month 9.1 - ouch) & Q2 2022 for the following expansion... Would that make Shadowlands 9.0 & 9.1 the longest x.0 & x.1 patches of any expansion in history? That's pretty alarming if so.

A lot of my old raid team want to play 9.2 but I didn't think the wait would be this long for some reason.
    even if it goes to PTR today and release in december (which is unrealistic) its still weeks away, i think thats enough time to get information you expect, which afaik were never part of first content teaser

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    They definitely said "all of creation" a few times, so I don't know where you're getting that idea from. And even if it was, does it matter which order it went in? They mentioned a few times that there's a plan that we can't understand yet.

On top of that, it would make more sense to have the afterlives ready before introducing life, what are you supposed to do if something manages to die before you finish the after life?
    They generalise by saying they're progenitors of "all of creation" but then specify that Zereth Mortis where they started was focused on the creation of afterlives... as in the four realms people have been messing about in this expansion. Supposedly the zones and covenants created in response to life. Life of which most wasn't created by said 'progenitors' but by Titans, Old God meddling and other beings. They've effectively lost the coherency of their plot and gone full head up ass "we're the first ones" mode.

Also they covered that already, they made them stupidly immortal before mortals even were made.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GratsDing45 View Post
    You expected too much really... They are saving the overhaul for the next expansion. Like they did with WoD most of their resources and time are being spent on 10.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    so you expected things that were previously expansion features in a patch?
    When your game is on the brink, delivering more of the same isn't going to cut it. It was their chance to shine and show they understood what a good portion of their playerbase wanted.

It was tone deaf, to say the least.

So, again, I understand that it's a mid-expansion patch. It's maybe a bit smaller than a regular mid-expansion patch. But right now, that's not what the game need. Needed. And really, it's fine if you're happy with it. I'm glad you like it!
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    Why is people here so negative. This looks pretty exciting to me, cant wait for datamining
    oh are you new to MMO-C ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing exciting unfortunately. The tier sets are OK I guess but I don't like the theme they are doing. None of them stood out to me as a set that I would definitely want to get.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    It's the minimum of what a major patch can be. New Zone + New Raid.

I know we don't like BfA but it's the closest comparison.

8.2:
    - 2 new zones
    - 1 new raid
    - 1 new megadungeon
    - Essence system
    - Gnome and Tauren Heritage Armor
    - Stratholme Battle Pet dungeon
    - Mount Equipment Slots
    - More of the BfA storyline

Sounds like 8.2 was about twice the size of 9.2
    Comparing things in a vaccuum like that is kind of pointless.

9.1 had a new raid, new mega dungeon, new zone, new reps, etc.

8.1 had a quest chain and a new raid.

As for this video, I think the only useful information of value was them essentially confirming there will be no 9.3 raid.

If the new raid is 10 bosses as well, this will be a 30 boss expansion similar to WoD and Cata which kind of sucks.

Welp, See folks in Endwalker, and its first patch is literally available after 2 months with content 3 times the amount you'll get in 9.2

I say that unironically, go play XIV if you want the WoW experience your missing, dont sleep on it anymore.

As for 9.2 itself, I expected this to be their pitch, they know WoW has hit the end of its life and thats why I suspect at most 10.0 will be the final expansion to WoW itself.

Ahhh.If Ardenweald and Bastion had a baby his name would be Zereth Mortis.
    Zereth Mortis is such a cool name for what the zone looks like in reality.
    Well the only reason i play the game is achievements and collecting mounts so i guess im fine for now.

Considering next expansion is version 10.0 and it being such a round number i hope they bring something extraordinary into the game. Perhaps we go back in our timeline on Azeroth and we find the place completely changed.Like all zones massively changed,jungle areas in some zones.

Jesus effing Christ... What have they done to you, World of Warcraft...

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    It's the minimum of what a major patch can be. New Zone + New Raid.

I know we don't like BfA but it's the closest comparison.

8.2:
    - 2 new zones
    - 1 new raid
    - 1 new megadungeon
    - Essence system
    - Gnome and Tauren Heritage Armor
    - Stratholme Battle Pet dungeon
    - Mount Equipment Slots
    - More of the BfA storyline

Sounds like 8.2 was about twice the size of 9.2
    lets not forget we got new zone and megadungeon in 9.1, what did we get in 8.1? raid and warfront if i remember correctly (not gonna comment on pet battles sotryline or armor sets as those can be in 9.2 just not mentioned in teaser)
    btw wasnt 8.2 biggest patch in wow ever? so seems like a bit of unfair comparison... compare it to wrath, that was "best" expansion ever right?
    what we did get in wrath patches? raid + daily quests in 3.1, TINY raid + dungeon in the same room + daily quests in 3.2...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Glad to see tier sets back. Sad that they're going with raid theme instead of class theme. Class theme sets are the best IMO.

Ironic that the QoL changes introduced in 9.1.5 got me more excited than any of the upcoming content in 9.2.

Even seems like 9.2 might be the final content patch of SL. I'd frankly appreciate it as I always found the theme very stale and I care neither for Sylvanas nor Zovaal as antagonists.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

"We really stretched our creativity with these creatures"

All I saw was reskinned real life animals?

15+ Year Old Account
    The burrial of World of Warcraft. RIP.