Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blizz should get rid of the loony employees that are crying on Twitter about the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Arguing that "playing video games during work hours" cannot be called "lazy", but at the same time writing that.

Cognitive dissonance at its finest.
    Again, that's up to interpretation. Can it be viewed as her calling him lazy? Maybe. But since those weren't the words she used, she could easily just say "I didn't call him lazy. I said he was misusing work hours." which isn't inflammatory. Hilarious how you accuse me of cognitive dissonance when it doesn't apply. Stop using terms that you don't know the definition of.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Considering it came out recently that Kotick threatened to kill someone because they said something he didn't like, yeah I would believe he kicks puppies. He is that much of a piece of shit human being.

I also would be willing to believe that Ybarra spends most of his time playing WoW when he should be working because he's gotta fuel his side-hustle. No wonder Blizzard rarely cracks down on boost spammers anymore.
    Yeah the President making 100s of thousands of dollars needs to sell boosts to make gold he definitely doesn't do it for fun. Not like he just plop down 100 bucks if he needs a mil for w/e reason. This forums hatred of boosting truly brings out the best delusions in people.

Again, that's up to interpretation. Can it be viewed as her calling him lazy? Maybe. But since those weren't the words she used, she could easily just say "I didn't call him lazy. I said he was misusing work hours."
    Oh fucking hell, that is next level lawyer speak.

I'll remember if i ever get caught playing video games on the job and somebody calls me out on being lazy.
    "I'm not lazy, i'm misusing work hours".

Seriously, stick to what you said earlier and stop replying, you're just making a fool out of yourself now.

he busy with all that raid boosting

- - - Updated - - -

I'll remember if i ever get caught playing video games on the job and somebody calls me out on being lazy.

Seriously, stick to what you said earlier and stop replying, you're just making a fool out of yourself now.

Nah you are making out of yourself

Except they weren't badmouthing. They were pointing out how their boss can tweet every day and sell boosts but can't be bothered to meet the devs. If she gets fired for the tweet, Blizzard would have ANOTHER lawsuit on their hands.
    Except literally the day he took over he met with the cinematics team which they confirmed. She could absolutely get fired for defamation. Tweeting takes all of 30 seconds and boosts can be sold after work hours. Their tweet is clear defamation.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what companies you've worked for but pointing out how a fellow employee or boss isn't doing their job definitely isn't badmouthing. Badmouthing is when you use blatant insults. Saying "so and so is absolutely not getting work done and is just playing on their computer instead" absolutely is not badmouthing.

As for firing people, I doubt Blizzard is at will employment since most of the employees tend to have contracts when working in game development. Firing someone because they publicly spoke about how the boss isn't doing their jobs is definitely grounds for a lawsuit. If she was spewing nasty shit in public, that'd be different. But pointing out how they're fucking around on the computer and tweeting instead of meeting with devs who are working on the game you're in charge of? That's not defamation. And since it is not considered defamation, she could definitely sue them.

She's also not saying "Blizzard is doing this". She is pointing out how Ybarra isn't doing his job. So since she is not talking about the company specifically, it's not considered damage to the public image of the company technically.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless those teams in question confirmed such a meeting, I'd be inclined to believe he's lying to save face.
    They did also via the most evil of ways twitter
    Last edited by Xath; 2021-11-17 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Except literally the day he took over he met with the cinematics team which they confirmed. She could absolutely get fired for defamation. Tweeting takes all of 30 seconds and boosts can be sold after work hours. Their tweet is clear defamation.

- - - Updated - - -

They die also via the most evil of ways twitter
    No she can't. What she said isn't technically defamation. Maybe look up what defamation is instead of just throwing out buzz words.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes and there's the ad hominem just because I pointed out how you're wrong and the flaws in your argument. The point I was making is that if she was fired, she can file a lawsuit for wrongful termination. And since her language wasn't technically inflammatory, she'd actually have a good chance of winning. But whatever, dude.

No she can't. What she said isn't technically defamation. Maybe look up what defamation is instead of just throwing out buzz words.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes and there's the ad hominem just because I pointed out how you're wrong and the flaws in your argument. The point I was making is that if she was fired, she can file a lawsuit for wrongful termination. And since her language wasn't technically inflammatory, she'd actually have a good chance of winning. But whatever, dude.
    What she said is absolutely defamation. She claimed her bosses boss was not doing his job because he was too busy playing video games. That is absolutely defamation. It also can be considered detrimental to the company's finances especially if someone like Forbes picks it up and runs with it. Both are clear grounds for termination.

I might be wrong but looks like she seem to work at the Los Angeles studio and since Ybarra is the CEO he works at the Irvine Office.

My American geography from school might be wrong not being a American but isnt it pretty far betwen those places.

Would explain alot why she hasnt meet him, but not really how she can know who he meets.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    What she said is absolutely defamation. She claimed her bosses boss was not doing his job because he was too busy playing video games. That is absolutely defamation. It also can be considered detrimental to the company's finances especially if someone like Forbes picks it up and runs with it. Both are clear grounds for termination.
    Since what she said would not be legally libel, it's not defamation. Again, look up the definition of words before using them.

I'm not saying that i view it as acceptable how Ybarra has been handling his job (if those allegations are true), but that's still something that should be voiced internally first and foremost, not taken out into the public.
    Because, as we've seen over the last few months, Blizzard's HR and internal complaint system works perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It seems opportunistic.
    Again, yeah? That's the point? Take the opportunity to point out a problem while the spotlight is on Blizzard and their problems.
    I also don't know how willing I am to believe a single dev's perspective on an endemic issue at the company.
    It's got to start somewhere, right?
    Saying "so and so is absolutely not getting work done and is just playing on their computer instead" absolutely is not badmouthing.
    You are using your mouth to say something bad about someone.

Ah yes and there's the ad hominem just because I pointed out how you're wrong and the flaws in your argument.
    Mate, coming up with a term such as "misuse of work hours" than to just concede, yes playing video games on the job means you're being lazy is hell of a hill to die on.

This is just a point where refuse to engage in common sense, because any reasonable person will consider "engaging in hobbies" while "being on the job" as lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Because, as we've seen over the last few months, Blizzard's HR and internal complaint system works perfectly.
    That's not something you should take up with HR, that is something you should either take up with that person directly or send a mail to the Kotick himself, because Kotick is effectively the Boss of Ybarra.

Kotick may not act on sexual harassment, but he's quite likely to go after people that are riding a huge paycheck and aren't pulling their weight.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-11-17 at 02:42 PM.

Sorry but this is a gaming company i dont know how it works at Blizzard, but i know people who work at Swedish gaming companies and they play games all the time on breaks and lunch, and sometimes just to build team spirits so im sure same happens at Blizzard and all other game creators.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Honestly this tweet is so dumb, like so what?

I work at a 350 members company and I've only talked to the president of my company once as a developer (related to my job / I did chit chat with him a couple of times). If this is the only worst they've found on Ybarra, then this guy is doing a damn well job.

Twitter is such a stupid platform, the entire thread in that tweet feels like Tumblr and everyone is so clueless.
    I don't think is about meeting one on one. My take is that he did not even properly introduced himself to the team.

And I don't know about you, but when a new leader comes into the fold, 100% of the time, in every company I worked for, the new leader introduces himself and do short speech. And with blizzard rapidly sinking, it would make sense to do so.

That is not to say that she is telling the truth. The key to trustworthy information is redundancy afterall.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

It's got to start somewhere, right?
    Once more, I'm simply skeptical of somebody who "starts" a discussion the day that extremely inflammatory information about top leadership at the company is revealed to the public. The timing seems too convenient for a platform where your relevance is measured in likes and retweets, that's all.

Despite how much I loathe top-end corporate leadership models and many of the people that take those jobs, I normally wouldn't expect someone in his position to go around and have personal meetings with every team under them. That said, this situation is anything but normal.

They're in the middle of a situation where the company's leadership, past and present, is being heavily scrutinized, and the rank and file are in revolt. You'd think that they would want to put some kind of emphasis on being more present and active than normal so as to soothe the outrage coming from their own employees instead of trying to go back to business as usual. But I guess that brings me back to the uselessness of corporate leadership, so no surprise there really.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Person: *complains about boss tweeting and playing video games during work hours*
    ME: *a boss, who is posting on an MMO forum during work hours*

Hm...

But for real, in normal circumstances, it's not that common for the top brass to meet with everyone either individually, in small groups, or larger department gatherings on any real cadence. Usually a "once or twice a year" type cadence (kick off the new year, mid year status and numbers).
    Given the pandemic (everyone's fave excuse), that makes it a bit more challenging with remote workers and such, so emails and such are a bit easier for outreach.

But, also...

Given Blizzard's big ol' black eye from the dudebro culture and all the reports of unfair, unsafe, and unfit workplace and practices, etc, you would think the new face brought in to bring about a change in direction would at least have like, a virtual conference with the entire company to kinda sorta introduce himself, reiterate the goals of the company, and provide some semblance of a calming and reassuring presence during this time of turmoil, then make time over the course of several months to have a group "skip level", if you will, to again give forum for questions/comments and to state goals.
    It's a bit much, especially at a company that large, but going overboard is kinda what that company needs; it shows dedication to the cause, if anything.

But hey, keys don't run themselves, so...

That's not something you should take up with HR, that is something you should either take up with that person directly-
    Oh yeah, because that'll end well.

or send a mail to the Kotick himself, because Kotick is effectively the Boss of Ybarra.

Kotick may not act on sexual harassment, but he's quite likely to go after people that are riding a huge paycheck and aren't pulling their weight.
    Unless they're bros, in which case he'll 'destroy' you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Person: *complains about boss tweeting and playing video games during work hours*
    ME: *a boss, who is posting on an MMO forum during work hours*
    To be fair, i'm going to take a wild guess and assume that your employees don't know that you're "Jujudrood" on MMO-C, a site they also check on a regular basis.
    Oh yeah, because that'll end well.

Unless they're bros, in which case he'll 'destroy' you.
    Contacting Bobby because one of his Underlings is slacking off =/= complaining to Bobby because some underling sexually harassed you.

The sole reason why Bobby kept those people is the same reason why the Board keeps Bobby: They make money and keep the ship going.
    A Boss that slacks off probably makes Bobby less money, hence he's more likely to have a target on their back.

Let's be real, the sin of "not doing your job properly" is greater than "sexually harassing an employee" in the corporate world if you're high enough on the totempole.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-11-17 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I've simply worked in places where you respect your boss or you get fired.

Sounds like you have worked in places with bosses that had a hard time establishing a needed hierarchy for its emplyees.

Or perhaps you are just making stuff up because you dont have any experience to draw from :P
    NO I work in places where bosses don't get their undies twisted by what one person tweets. But why state those facts when you will simply ignore them, insult me, and make false claims about me?