Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Arguing that the warlock set looks shit for a warlock is something I can agree with, but this topic isn't related to that.

Plus, unless they make warlock uniquely the only set to stray away from the First Ones thematic, no changes they make are going to make it look like a warlock set. It's still going to be white and red with balls and a yellow glow, except now the pointy top of the hood is probably just gonna fold back.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I can't argue with "it just does." You got me.

- - - Updated - - -

Describe Twitter in two sentences challenge fulfilled.

They won't disappear so long as they're fed into.
    This set: A pointed white hood on a robe that has red accents.
    Klan robes: A pointed white hood on a robe that has red accents.

If you can't just be an adult and admit the visual similarities, you are probably being intentionally dishonest. You don't have to care, but denying the similarities is either delusional or dishonest, your pick.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

To be fair, pandering to these people in the past years hasn't really prevented any negative optics.

The best way to avoid negative optics would be to treat their employees fairly, not kowtow to the demands of people that saw Jesus in their toast.
    While true, it's unfair to put the treatment of Blizzard's employees on the same level as this single unfortunately designed Warlock set. One is representative of an endemic cultural issue at the company, the other is Blizzard failing to QA the art direction before releasing it to the public. The former is a lot harder to fix than the latter. And while I agree that it'd have been nice had the former never happened in the first place I don't think it's particularly fair to condemn them for simply going through with adjusting the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Based on a lot of comments I'm seeing in this thread, I'm seeing more and more just how awful a lot of the people in the WoW community are. Anyone with eyes can see how similar it looks to KKK grand wizard robes. Calling it reaching comes off more as someone telling on themselves than anything.
    You're just silly, man.

"HOW CAN PEOPLE NOT SEE IT?." Look at the comments. Not even those who came here as the leaders of the cause noticed it at first sight. Literally, almost all of them started their posts saying: "well, I didn't see it that way, but now that you mention it..."

But yeah, EVERYONE WITH EYES SAW IT, didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post

If you can't just be an adult and admit the visual similarities, you are probably being intentionally dishonest. You don't have to care, but denying the similarities is either delusional or dishonest, your pick.
    I really don't care enough.

I really don't care enough.
    You don't get to throw a fit, post after post after post, and then claim you don't care.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    My point is Blizzard (or whatever company) should not listen to these people. That's my point. I'd understand the complain if there were a boss with a KKK style habit, with burning crosses around and saying stuff like "our race shall prevail!". Yeah, I'd agree if someone complains about that because it reminds them to the KKK. But complaining about a bloody warlock tier helm is a stretch and nobody should listen to those idiots.
    Y'know, all that Garrosh needed to 100% fit your description is a white pointy hat. After all, he did the whole "our race shall prevail!" thing you mentioned back near the end of MoP, and tied Alliance civilians on posts for the delight of his orc troops.

I'm just saying...

You're just silly, man.

"HOW CAN PEOPLE NOT SEE IT?." Look at the comments. Not even those who came here as the leaders of the cause noticed it at first sight. Literally, almost all of them started their posts saying: "well, I didn't see it that way, but now that you mention it..."

It's comically obvious. It's a white robe with a pointed hood and red accents.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    While true, it's unfair to put the treatment of Blizzard's employees on the same level as this single unfortunately designed Warlock set. One is representative of an endemic cultural issue at the company, the other is Blizzard failing to QA the art direction before releasing it to the public. The former is a lot harder to fix than the latter. And while I agree that it'd have been nice had the former never happened in the first place I don't think it's particularly fair to condemn them for simply going through with adjusting the latter.
    I didn't mean to put them on equal footing. It's more that I don't think pandering to Twitter users really does any wonders to prevent negative optics, and if they were so concerned about how they are seen, they should worry on making the workplace more equitable. Obviously a bit of a snide remark, but simply trying to emphasize how twitter user outrage (assuming it's not based on actual scandals) has about as much power as a company is willing to give it. Hell, even the Blitzchung shit more or less blew over in the general outragesphere and that was something I was personally upset by.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't get to throw a fit, post after post after post, and then claim you don't care.
    I don't know if you know what a fit is, but I'm not really here to educate you on that. Sorry.

You're just silly, man.

No no. There are people who saw and just don't care because a white supremacy group will never affect them. Anyone claiming to not see the uncanny resemblance is a liar. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Y'know, all that Garrosh needed to 100% fit your description is a white pointy hat. After all, he did the whole "our race shall prevail!" thing you mentioned back near the end of MoP, and tied Alliance civilians on posts for the delight of his orc troops.

I'm just saying...
    The title of the LFR wing where he was the last boss was particularly.. "subtle."

I didn't mean to put them on equal footing. It's more that I don't think pandering to Twitter users really does any wonders to prevent negative optics, and if they were so concerned about how they are seen, they should worry on making the workplace more equitable. Obviously a bit of a snide remark, but simply trying to emphasize how twitter user outrage (assuming it's not based on actual scandals) has about as much power as a company is willing to give it. Hell, even the Blitzchung shit more or less blew over in the general outragesphere and that was something I was personally upset by.
    Nobody is "outraged" by this except you guys who can't just be reasonable and accept that people don't want to dress like the klan in wow.
    -ynnady

What should we do with all those NPCs that are being slaved by others in so many storylines? What should we do with the concentration camps for orcs in Warcraft 3? Don't they remind you to the Holocaust?

Seriously, perspectives like yours are what fuck this society up.
    Last edited by Nork; 2021-11-20 at 04:09 PM.

I don't know if you know what a fit is, but I'm not really here to educate you on that. Sorry.
    If there is one thing I am very confident about, it is that nobody needs to worry about you ever educating anyone.

The visual similarity is undeniable. Some people don't want to dress like the klan in the game. That hurts your feelings. End of story.

- - - Updated - - -

What should we do with all those NPCs that are being slaved by others in some many storylines? What should we do with the concentration camps for orcs in Warcraft 3? Don't they remind you to the Holocaust?

Seriously, perspectives like yours are what fuck this society up.
    Yes, my perspective that I don't really want my class set to remind me of the klan when I put it on, because that makes the set visually unappealing to me, is definitely what is fucking society up.

No, what is fucking society up is people incapable of saying "It doesn't bother me, but I have the minimum amount of human empathy possible so I get why someone doesn't want to dress like the klan in wow."
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

I'm just saying...
    You're right. I'm just saying THAT would be a obvious reference to the KKK or supremacist mindsets. But a warlock tier? Are you serious?

People who were offended by this tier must have a really miserable life, honestly. You know what also drives me round the bend? That I'm sure all those who complained about this on Twitter, don't really give a fuck about the tier set. They just wanted attention.
    Last edited by Nork; 2021-11-20 at 04:12 PM.

If there is one thing I am very confident about, it is that nobody needs to worry about you ever educating anyone.

The visual similarity is undeniable. Some people don't want to dress like the klan in the game. That hurts your feelings. End of story.
    Wow, no. My feelings are so hurt, my heart is about to break. I am malding and seething or whatever the younglings say, because some people saw Jesus in their toast and Blizzard nervously changed a set I am never going to use.

Just as I'll be so upset when people on Twitter complain that windmills look too similar to swastikas and Blizzard removes them.

It's amazing how insanely thin skinned and full of projection some of you are "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T WANT TO DRESS LIKE THE KLAN? IT OFFENDS ME THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO DRESS LIKE THE KLAN, YOU SNOWFLAKE!"

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, no. My feelings are so hurt, my heart is about to break. I am malding and seething or whatever the younglings say, because some people saw Jesus in their toast and Blizzard nervously changed a set I am never going to use.

Just as I'll be so upset when people on Twitter complain that windmills look too similar to swastikas and Blizzard removes them.
    You are here going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about it, so spare me the "I don't even care, bro!"

You know just as well as I do that a white robe with a pointed hood and red accents is what a klan robe looks like.
    -ynnady

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, my perspective that I don't really want my class set to remind me of the klan when I put it on, because that makes the set visually unappealing to me, is definitely what is fucking society up.

No, what is fucking society up is people incapable of saying "It doesn't bother me, but I have the minimum amount of human empathy possible so I get why someone doesn't want to dress like the klan in wow."
    Do they force you to wear that tier? Oh, I see your point now!

/facepalm

You're right. I'm just saying THAT would be a obvious reference to the KKK or supremacist mindsets. But a warlock tier? Are you serious?

People who were offended by this tier must have a really miserable life, honestly. You know what also drives me round the bend? That I'm sure all the people who complained about this on Twitter, don't really give a fuck about the tier set. They just wanted attention.
    Nobody is offended except YOU GUYS. It's not about being offended. It's about the similarities making the set unpleasant to look at an aesthetically unappealing because of what it brings to mind. Now YOU are offended and throwing a fit because of that.
    -ynnady

It's amazing how insanely thin skinned and full of projection some of you are.
    Brilliant.

It's amazing how insanely thin skinned and full of projection some of you are "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T WANT TO DRESS LIKE THE KLAN? IT OFFENDS ME THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO DRESS LIKE THE KLAN, YOU SNOWFLAKE!"

- - - Updated - - -

You are here going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about it, so spare me the "I don't even care, bro!"

You know just as well as I do that a white robe with a pointed hood and red accents is what a klan robe looks like.
    No, it really doesn't matter to me, I'm mostly here responding to the first two or three posts, and then I scroll through the rest of the thread and see some other post I want to reply to. The only one I've continuously responded to is you because you seem to want me to for some reason, as well as Relapses, but for once I have no real beef with him even if I disagree with his perspective.