Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pelagos is indeed an odd choice. I feel like he was was chosen to be a "WHAT A TWIST" move minus the actual shock and awe a twist should bring. Wasn't his story in the Kyrian campaign that he couldn't ascend because of whatever and just never does it?

I'd have gone with the Primus, myself. Level-headed, already a leader. Smart. Ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    I'd have gone with the Primus, myself. Level-headed, already a leader. Smart. Ect.

To be honest, I was half-expecting a "council of Arbiters" to be the conclusion.

I liked Pelagos' story, but this seems like an odd choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    How can Sylvanas become Arbiter when she must stand trial in Pandaria?
    Underrated comment lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    How can Sylvanas become Arbiter when she must stand trial in Pandaria?
    Inb4 Pelagos is only a stand-in for Sylvanas until she goes through the trial where it turns out everyone is being judged by the Celestials and the verdict of "let's sing kumbaya together, now the accused must learn to be a goody two shoes" was predetermined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

This is as random as it gets. And feels in line with how bs the whole journey into deathlands has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    They chose him only because he is trans. To show how woke they are. if you have not played bastion you wont even see him. I actually read about him on wowhead.
    cringe move from blizzard to get some points.
    This is confirmed because he actually isn't in your face about it at all, I thought it was more analogous to them taking a positive stance on men who roll female characters for fantasy games. It was Blizzard blue posts that kept hyping up Pelagos as being trans, as the only reason anyone would know.
    He was an annoying character, like that guy who followed Mjoll the Lioness around Riften self-aggrandizing himself for being the perfect sidekick. He just whines about how much better Kleia is than him at everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    This is as random as it gets. And feels in line with how bs the whole journey into deathlands has been.
    It does feel random. I don't remember Pelagos being a very big character in Bastion, much less SL as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Yeah it was flawed just like the entire shadowlands system is flawed. Yet you still had people like Kleia succeed and still pulled more weight than Pelagos did through the entire storyline.
    I mean I wouldn't mind Kleia, but the thing is that her own arc appears finished with her becoming a full fledged Kyrian. It really comes down to Pelagos still having more room for resolution and as one of the few new SL characters we spent time with and that would make sense to take on such a role.

Why would it need to be a new character? Make a council of Arbiters from the best of each covenant(as in ones that held to the roles of their covenants and didn't get corrupted by the jailer or promises of power/what ever) and 1-2 other people.

Keeping the system 1 Arbiter is fucking retarded when you can make more and the person who is becoming it is a flawed normal person.
    Oh yeah I would have preferred no Arbiter. But I really don't think it really matters going forward. IMO it really just comes to me as a cleaner narrative choice to have one character become the new Arbiter. Considering he will also have the Arbiter's omnipresence, it's irrelevant how flawed he was, so a council that decides where you go would be still flawed. At least the conceit is that the Arbiter is unerring, so that's why the idea of a new Arbiter does make sense.

Honestly I'd just prefer souls just got to choose where they go.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Honestly I'd just prefer souls just got to choose where they go.
    How would that work? How many souls that need to repent and adjust their attitudes would willingly go to Revendreth?

I'm surprised we don't just make a new arbiter with the Zereth Mortis machinery like the proto eternal ones in the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Disappointing. I hoped it would be Perry Gatner.
    I can't put into words how little I cared about Shadowlands' garbage story arc until I read this. Now I'm bitterly disappointed that Perry Gatner is not going to be the new Arbiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Inb4 Pelagos is only a stand-in for Sylvanas until she goes through the trial where it turns out everyone is being judged by the Celestials and the verdict of "let's sing kumbaya together, now the accused must learn to be a goody two shoes" was predetermined.
    Powerful message.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Pelagos is indeed an odd choice. I feel like he was was chosen to be a "WHAT A TWIST" move minus the actual shock and awe a twist should bring. Wasn't his story in the Kyrian campaign that he couldn't ascend because of whatever and just never does it?
    He couldn't ascend because he was bad at like everything, and followed Kleia around holding doors open for her.

Isn't that job basically slave labor, stuck for eternity judging souls?

Or does he get time of from time to time to have some fun and maybe grab a pizza?
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Kind of? But at the same time I feel like they needed to choose a character that had been a part of the Shadowlands story and one they could dispense. Choosing someone like Sylvanas means that she'd be kaput forever, the same goes for any other "main" lore character. Pelagos is a nice choice really.

I am still wondering how this is gonna pan out gameplay wise. Clearly he becomes the arbiter before the raid. So what is that going to mean for the Kyrian playerbase. They straight up soulbind to the arbiter now? Or are they going to keep using the old version of pelagos "for gameplay reasons" and keep another weird character split in the game having him bound to you as Kyrian pelagos in the raid while arbiter pelagos is trying to help out.

Its truely just writing themselves into a corner.

Pelagos being the next Arbiter is so random to me that I'd honestly say it's some sort of decoy for us to not dig any further until Blizzard releases the patch. There has to be at least a few dozen characters who I would've found better suited to become the new Arbiter.

At first I thought we'd rescue the Arbiter, but seeing the end of patch 9,1 that theory kinda fell to the ground. I was expecting Uther to take the place, considering his redemption. I still have an idea that Blizzard is going to make Sylvavas a Kerrigan 2.0 with her being the Jailors new guardian once (if?) we defeat him.

Pelagos really seems random. For the people who didn't play through the Kyrian campaign he's such a minor sidekick. But perhaps we'll have some more backstory as to who he was in life. Perhaps a certain noble soul or a reincarncation of some sort of a god with latent cosmic power. Your guess is as good as mine. I will look forward to the story of 9.2 that much is certain

Why Pelagos? She's of total insignificance. The Arbiter was put in place, because Zovaal was deemed unfit for the task, because of his own subjective emotions towards the people he was supposed to judge. The Arbiter was a contruct and worked perfectly fine in that regard. It was merely shot to death. So why not just construct a new Arbiter? Why give the role to a being, that is just as flawed as Zovaal, when it comes to subjective emotions coming in the way, but is vastly inferior in power to someone like Zovaal, who was an Eternal.

On one hand I m glad its not Sylvanas.
    On the other hand I find it hard to care at this point. They do a terrible job with their narrative at this point so whoever became the arbiter would honestly have minimal effect. After SL they will likely never be shown or interacted with again.