10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    In the time span it will take for an SSD to die under normal use we will already have plenty of hacks available for PS5 to use off the shelf NVMEs as the OS drive. This is the same bullshit fearmongering shit people talked about with Vita memory cards but low and behold you can easily hack a Vita and use SD cards on it now. You're literally worrying about irrelevant shit because if you care about preservation, they always find a way.
    I still have my launch PS4 that has a SSD since I booted it. Still kicking with no errors despite being dropped and turned off improperly a few times.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

What do yall think of Jim Ryan?

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...tick-response/

Seems like something I wouldn't expect a comment from him. I'm also not certain of the veracity of this story. Could be fake? Maybe? If not, I assume one's opinion on this falls along the lines of which side they are taking in the recent ActiBlizz debacle. Also, if not fake, his comments carry huge weight of course, being the current head of arguably the most relevant of the big 3.

Ryan has made a few blunders, but imo most are overhyped. He doesn't get much credit for(what I assume) outpacing MS significantly in manufacturing consoles, despite both Sony SKUs having current gen components.

His most controversial stance, imo, seems to be his apparent dissatisfaction with the Playstation userbase(size, not behavior), and apparent wish to expand the IP to more screens, which I assume has led to some Playstation exclusives releasing on PC. Of course, that seems to be the trend industry wide, so I'm not sure blame(where it exists) can fall entirely on him.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-11-18 at 04:55 PM.

Opportunistic PR win for some good headlines. He knew this would get "leaked", and if Sony had serious issues they'd be interfacing with Activision directly. It's legit, though.

Also, Sony probably wants to make sure their house is in order first. Some of their studios are great in this regard, others...not so much.

I am going to say no to average SSD dying in ~10 years. Some capacitor on mobo or PSU is likely to fail faster than the modern disks. Your PS5 will likely be replaced way before it actually starts to fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

is guardian of the galaxy worth it?
    (especially with black friday deals)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    is guardian of the galaxy worth it?
    (especially with black friday deals)
    The only bad thing I've heard about it is that it's on rails. Haven't played it myself.

Heads up, Sony usually does another big PSN sale in December as well for any feeling like they have to jump on deals this instant.

Some deal might not be a deep ie Deathloop is at - 50% Off

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The only bad thing I've heard about it is that it's on rails.
    what does that mean? never heard of such a phrase
    (not a native speaker)

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    what does that mean? never heard of such a phrase
    (not a native speaker)
    On rails means it's very linear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineSamantha View Post
    On rails means it's very linear.
    thanks. kinda thought that after watching some gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The only bad thing I've heard about it is that it's on rails. Haven't played it myself.

Heads up, Sony usually does another big PSN sale in December as well for any feeling like they have to jump on deals this instant.

Some deal might not be a deep ie Deathloop is at - 50% Off
    Well, a good on rails game is better than a barren open world game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigenously Abled View Post
    wish facebook would do that, thats where all the shitbag scalpers live in todays age.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Opportunistic PR win for some good headlines. He knew this would get "leaked", and if Sony had serious issues they'd be interfacing with Activision directly. It's legit, though.

Also, Sony probably wants to make sure their house is in order first. Some of their studios are great in this regard, others...not so much.
    Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft all released similar things. I’m most interested in the Microsoft one since, if I remember correctly, they are the only one that stated they would look at business practices with Activision-Blizzard moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft all released similar things. I’m most interested in the Microsoft one since, if I remember correctly, they are the only one that stated they would look at business practices with Activision-Blizzard moving forward.
    Microsoft isn't going to do shit. They aren't delisting CoD from their store. All 3 statements are just companies acknowledging what happened there is not ok, but none of them are actually going to try and "punish" them for it because that would hurt their bottom lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Microsoft isn't going to do shit. They aren't delisting CoD from their store. All 3 statements are just companies acknowledging what happened there is not ok, but none of them are actually going to try and "punish" them for it because that would hurt their bottom lines.
    As stated, Xbox is the only one who said they will look at their dealings moving forward. Hence why I typed I’m most interested in their response to the issue. If they do something, it could set an entire chain reaction that could truly bring about some major change; or, it could backfire and cost them a ton of money.
    If they made this statement and then don’t do anything then it looks like they will just back down to anything with money involved and lose them some respect later.
    Then there’s the 3rd option where nothing happens and no one remembers or holds them to their statement, and this all blows over.
    So, like I said, I’m interested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    As stated, Xbox is the only one who said they will look at their dealings moving forward. Hence why I typed I’m most interested in their response to the issue. If they do something, it could set an entire chain reaction that could truly bring about some major change; or, it could backfire and cost them a ton of money.
    If they made this statement and then don’t do anything then it looks like they will just back down to anything with money involved and lose them some respect later.
    Then there’s the 3rd option where nothing happens and no one remembers or holds them to their statement, and this all blows over.
    So, like I said, I’m interested in it.
    Spoiler alert: They aren't going to do shit. There is nothing interesting about any of the 3 statements, standard PR shit to try to keep the same wide spread issues from happening in house(all 3 have already had similar issues happen in house on smaller scales).

If you honestly humor the idea that Xbox wouldn't allow CoD on their platform anymore and had Sony a free console exclusive of one of the top selling franchises yearly on top of losing their 30% cut on sales of said top selling game... lol.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/play...n/chrono-cross

With all the rumors swirling concerning a Chrono Cross remaster or remake, I thought I'd mention it. I've had a hot take on Chrono Cross for years. A few things about Chrono Cross:

1. I played Chrono Cross before I played Chrono Trigger
    2. I always thought of "Chrono Cross" as my own little game, because....
    3. I've never met a single other person who bought and paid for and played Chrono Cross IRL
    4. ...and also because I somehow have the perception it sold poorly...
    5. ...and because I wasn't really a big fan of the game...
    6. I also played Chrono Cross later than when it came out, playing it right after the very good Shadow Hearts: Covenant(which may have been a mistake)

I understand that by not playing Chrono Trigger when everyone else supposedly did, I missed a lot from Chrono Cross. I realize this is probably the reason I couldn't make heads nor tails of much of the story of Chrono Cross.

I mean, I'll get it out there, I thought the story was horrible....but I never played Trigger first, and may have gotten a terrible ending.

I just didn't like this one, and put it below a lot of other games at the time. I thought no one even played this but me, honestly, but I guess if they are remaking it, it must have been at least semi-popular right?

Anybody care to correct me on this game being meh? I'd be glad if my poor old memory just got this one completely wrong? Any opinions? The meta average clearly sees something I didn't.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-11-29 at 08:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any idea if games like Bravely default, SMT 5, Octopath traveler etc will come to PS4/ps5?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Any idea if games like Bravely default, SMT 5, Octopath traveler etc will come to PS4/ps5?
    Persona 5 immediately comes to mind. But maybe you have played it if you know of the other games? Its related to SMT in a way. Persona 5 is actually free for PS5 owners in the US if you have PS5. Not sure if other places have similar deals.