Oklahoma State
    Cinci

Will be
    Georgia
    Cinci
    Michigan
    Oklahoma State (Alabama)

I just want to see Georgia play Cinnci.
    No way Cincy gets ranked above Michigan if they both win out. Not that it matters I guess; just the idea.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-11-28 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Lincoln Riley is reportedly going to USC.

*whistles*

So now I guess the NFL jump is also on the table for him if he's willing to leave Oklahoma.
    ahahahaha. ahahahahahahahaha!

This is great. I'm hyped for USC. Apparantly Riley was not a fan of the move to the SEC, likely becaus eof the harder path to the National Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    ahahahaha. ahahahahahahahaha!

This is great. I'm hyped for USC. Apparantly Riley was not a fan of the move to the SEC, likely becaus eof the harder path to the National Championship.
    Makes sense why he would go to the PAC 12 then. Recruiting is probably also better in California.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I just don't want to see something like Georgia and Alabama at 1&4 or 2&3.
    Agreed. Georgia should end up kicking the shit out of Alabama, especially after their horrible showing against Auburn. Of course anything can happen, so we'll have to wait and see this weekend, but I would expect the final CFP to be:

1. Georgia
    2. Michigan
    3. Cincy
    4. Oklahoma State

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Assuming Michigan beats Iowa like they should, it's going to be OSU or MSU in the Rosebowl. Probably OSU. And Michigan in the Playoffs.
    Agreed. I would bet on OSU rather than MSU.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Lincoln Riley is reportedly going to USC.

*whistles*

So now I guess the NFL jump is also on the table for him if he's willing to leave Oklahoma.
    That's interesting. Wasn't he just saying that he wouldn't leave OK for LSU or something? But instead he's going to USC? That's a little fucked up. And yeah, I guess the NFL isn't out of the question any more, either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    The 538 playoff predictor really soured on ND this week - has Bama ahead of ND even if they lose to Georgia. I’m hoping they’re wrong. We need Georgia to knock out Bama, then Michigan or Cincy to lose.
    ND is just so tainted by the Cincy loss. Every time anyone looks at them for the CFP they have to dismiss them.

Great hire for USC.
    They need it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    They didn’t prevent them from doing what they wanted to do though lol. They gave up 450 yards and 27 points.

Giving up 27 points is like middle of the pack scoring defense (around 75th of all teams), and giving up 450 yards is like 110th best total defense range. Luckily for them Ohio State’s defense was worse; only barely though.
    Michigan did EXACTLY what they wanted to do. Kept OSU from putting 50+ points on the board like they've been most of the year. You're trying to compare two different things. It would be like saying "scoring 20 points against Georgia isn't really good offense". Point for or against are always contextual.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Don't argue with Muto, he thinks he's right because "he knows because he knows" and is a Nebraska fan to boot
    That explains a lot. He and Nebraska deserve Frost.

- - - Updated - - -

They didn’t prevent them from doing what they wanted to do though lol. They gave up 450 yards and 27 points.

Giving up 27 points is like middle of the pack scoring defense (around 75th of all teams), and giving up 450 yards is like 110th best total defense range. Luckily for them Ohio State’s defense was worse; only barely though.
    Yeah 27 points for a team that averaged 48 points per game before the Michigan game. When it came time to nut up the OSU offense tucked their dicks between their legs and ran away. Michigan planned to stop the run and not let the bug play happen. They did exactly that. The so planned to to run wild on their defense and OSU couldn't stop it, even in the 2nd half when that is all they did with only 4 passes.

They neutered their O and made them look like they didn't deserve to be on the same field.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is just utterly ridiculous how biased the ranking systems are in favor of East Coast in general and the SEC specifically. Everyone has Alabama still in the CFP after their horrible game against a mediocre Auburn without their starting QB. Alabama is a mediocre team with a couple of very close wins this year in a conference that has lived up to zero hype (outside of the stellar Georgia).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It is just utterly ridiculous how biased the ranking systems are in favor of East Coast in general and the SEC specifically. Everyone has Alabama still in the CFP after their horrible game against a mediocre Auburn without their starting QB. Alabama is a mediocre team with a couple of very close wins this year in a conference that has lived up to zero hype (outside of the stellar Georgia).
    Coaches poll has Alabama still at 2. Utterly insane.

Yes it was a close win and they probably should have lost (apparently the refs forgot intentional grounding exists on Bama's game winning drive). But Bama's resume stacks up with anyone's. According to Sagarin ratings, they are 5-1 against top 30 teams, which is better than anyone but 4-0 Georgia. Their closest competitor is Michigan, who beat Nebraska by 3 and Penn State by 4 - everyone has a tough day here and there.

But if they lose to Georgia, they should be out. That said, if they get in, I would take them over the team they are matched up against in the semis unless it's Georgia.
    Last edited by Coniferous; 2021-11-29 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    That explains a lot. He and Nebraska deserve Frost.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah 27 points for a team that averaged 48 points per game before the Michigan game. When it came time to nut up the OSU offense tucked their dicks between their legs and ran away. Michigan planned to stop the run and not let the bug play happen. They did exactly that. The so planned to to run wild on their defense and OSU couldn't stop it, even in the 2nd half when that is all they did with only 4 passes.

They neutered their O and made them look like they didn't deserve to be on the same field.
    And Michigan's total defense only gave up on average 319 yards on the season, but against Ohio State they gave up 458 yards, and their scoring defense averaged 17 points on the season, and they gave up 27 points to Ohio State, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Their defense didn't win the game, their offense did; Ohio State couldn't stop the run.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a really stupid argument, considering Ohio state got 100 yards and 20 points less than their season average, to try and downplay defense. It's not like Michigan's run game kept them off the field either, Ohio State was ahead in time of possession, it was the defense out there holding them down. Feel free to continue demonstrating your lack of understanding of the sport, every post is just more evidence of cluelessness.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/statu...83496718274569

"Sources: LSU is expecting to hire Notre Dame’s Brian Kelly as the school’s next head coach. An announcement could come as early as tomorrow."

Musical chairs in full swing now.

Who do you want @Coniferous ? Going to guess some lower esteem college will have a coach that will jump at the chance to be in the spotligth at ND.

- - - Updated - - -

Early guesses by the pundits seem to be Urban Meyer and Luke Fickell from Cincy.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    And Michigan's total defense only gave up on average 319 yards on the season, but against Ohio State they gave up 458 yards, and their scoring defense averaged 17 points on the season, and they gave up 27 points to Ohio State, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Their defense didn't win the game, their offense did; Ohio State couldn't stop the run.
    Except, their defense stopped Ohio State from scoring their average points/yards. How is that so confusing to you? It's like the simplest thing to understand - Michigan stopped Ohio State from scoring as much as they usually score.

Of course Michigan's offense also did well. But if Ohio State had scored their normal/average points, Michigan would have lost.

Let us know if you need help understand that anymore. It's really pretty basic.

- - - Updated - - -

"Sources: LSU is expecting to hire Notre Dame’s Brian Kelly as the school’s next head coach. An announcement could come as early as tomorrow."

Who do you want @Coniferous ? Going to guess some lower esteem college will have a coach that will jump at the chance to be in the spotligth at ND.

- - - Updated - - -

Early guesses by the pundits seem to be Urban Meyer and Luke Fickell from Cincy.
    Holy cow. They always say they'll never leave just before they leave. I'm terrified Miami is going to steal Cristobal away when they fire their current.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Except, their defense stopped Ohio State from scoring their average points/yards. How is that so confusing to you? It's like the simplest thing to understand - Michigan stopped Ohio State from scoring as much as they usually score.

Of course Michigan's offense also did well. But if Ohio State had scored their normal/average points, Michigan would have lost.

Let us know if you need help understand that anymore. It's really pretty basic.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy cow. They always say they'll never leave just before they leave. I'm terrified Miami is going to steal Cristobal away when they fire their current.
    Also goes to show that the "iron clad top of the market contract" means everything until the moment it doesn't.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Wasn't aware Michigan played 3 NFL WRs, 2 RBs averaging over 7 YPC and a heisman hopeful QB in their other 11 games this season. What Michigan did to their offense was absolutely impressive, especially to the OSU running game which was averaging over 7 YPC and got less then 4 against Michigan. Take away a 28 yard run by Henderson and it was less then 3.

- - - Updated - - -

I want Brian Kelly. He's been great for us. Would be devastating to the program if he left.

Yes it was a close win and they probably should have lost (apparently the refs forgot intentional grounding exists on Bama's game winning drive). But Bama's resume stacks up with anyone's. According to Sagarin ratings, they are 5-1 against top 30 teams, which is better than anyone but 4-0 Georgia. Their closest competitor is Michigan, who beat Nebraska by 3 and Penn State by 4 - everyone has a tough day here and there.

But if they lose to Georgia, they should be out. That said, if they get in, I would take them over the team they are matched up against in the semis unless it's Georgia.
    Yeah. Alabama may barely win games, but that's because of how strong the SEC is. The SEC has more schools with top recruiting classes than anywhere else. This was the recruiting classes for 2021 color coded by conference. Even mediocre teams in the SEC have really good athletes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It's a really stupid argument, considering Ohio state got 100 yards and 20 points less than their season average, to try and downplay defense. It's not like Michigan's run game kept them off the field either, Ohio State was ahead in time of possession, it was the defense out there holding them down. Feel free to continue demonstrating your lack of understanding of the sport, every post is just more evidence of cluelessness.
    You do realize that when a team averages 6 yards per rush (Michigan) they score very quickly right? Feel free to continue demonstrating your lack of understanding of the sport as every post is just more evidence of your cluelessness. it also means Ohio State's defense was worse if Michigan didn't have a high time of possession, yet had more points.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-11-30 at 01:24 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that when a team averages 6 yards per rush (Michigan) they score very quickly right? Feel free to continue demonstrating your lack of understanding of the sport as every post is just more evidence of your cluelessness.
    You couldn't be more wrong on this issue. Why are you choosing to die on this dumb hill? Michigan's defense was fantastic against Ohio State. Holding them to almost half their season average is a solid showing, regardless of anything else. You not understanding that simple concept is proof positive that most of your posts are based on bad analysis.

The numbers literally prove you wrong. Literally. Factually. Demonstrably.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-11-30 at 01:27 AM.

You couldn't be more wrong on this issue. Why are you choosing to die on this dumb hill? Michigan's defense was fantastic against Ohio State. You not understanding that simple concept is proof positive that most of your posts are based on bad analysis.

The numbers literally prove you wrong. Literally. Factually. Demonstrably.
    Giving up 450 yards and 27 points is not good defense, sorry. They may have made a few keys stops, which is the most I will give in, but to say there defense was superb I will not.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Giving up 450 yards and 27 points is not good defense, sorry. They may have made a few keys stops, which is the most I will give in, but to say there defense was superb I will not.
    It is against Ohio State. How in the hell do you not understand context in a discussion that involves analysis?

If Michigan had held the New England Patriots [in a theoretical game] to 450 yards and 27 points would that have been superb defense? Are you starting to understand now?

If Michigan had held Portland State to 458 yards and 27 points that would have been horrible defense. Get it now?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    We're on page 19 when viewing 40ppp. Muto has been doing this same crap since page 3. Enough is enough imo