Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    These questions all have answers. Very obvious very easy to find answers. I'm doubting the legitimacy of this post.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize the people dying are 99% unvaccinated now right? Probably not.
    What about Africa where barely anybody is vaccinated yet for some reason they have barely any issues with Covid compared to countries where most people are competely vaxed? Also media is just calling it a "miracle" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lortsy12 View Post
    What about Africa where barely anybody is vaccinated yet for some reason they have barely any issues with Covid compared to countries where most people are competely vaxed? Also media is just calling it a "miracle" etc.
    Once again, this is simply an anti-vaxxer talking point, and isn't based on reality.

Many of countries in Africa have bigger issues... like starvation. Besides, many of the countries in Africa don't hardly test for it in the first place.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

So, your narrative is simply wrong. Now, whether you are deliberately wrong, or simply misinformed... is still up for discussion.

Africa is a big place, exactly what country/countries in Africa are you referring to?
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-12-02 at 02:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about Africa
    Do you live in Africa? If not then why do you care about what is going on in Africa?

Do you know if Africans are wearing masks and social distancing? Do you know if the reporting is accurate about infection and death rates, especially in the more tribal regions? Do you have a degree in epidemiology to understand how their population density and movement patterns may hinder the spread of covid?

No? Then shut up and get your shot.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Do you live in Africa? If not then why do you care about what is going on in Africa?

Do you know if Africans are wearing masks and social distancing? Do you know if the reporting is accurate about infection and death rates, especially in the more tribal regions? Do you have a degree in epidemiology to understand how their population density and movement patterns may hinder the spread of covid?

This is literally a case of, "If we stop getting tested, then the problem goes away."

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Then how come there are countries where a vast majority of people are vaccinated yet they are imposing even more restrictions etc. on them because the virus is still spreading like hell? Also how do you explain Africa where barely anybody is vaccinated yet covid hasn't had barely any effect?
    What fantasy land Africa is this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    This is literally a case of, "If we stop getting tested, then the problem goes away."
    I don't know who this person is but it's all sealioning anti-vaxx BS. Mods should ban the account for spreading misinformation.
    Forum badass alert:

I don't know who this person is but it's all sealioning anti-vaxx BS. Mods should ban the account for spreading misinformation.
    They haven't posted in over a year, so my guess is that it's a sockpuppet.

Why is it that the Vax is being forced on the whole world, which also costs billions and billions to "save the world from covid" when before that developed countries couldn't give a flying fk about all these less developed countries and now suddenly they have the money and are willing to help them all to get the vaccine? Also, I don't belong to any of these cults so I can't say which facts or talking points etc. belong to which cult, but the mainstream media literally was talking about it being some kind of a "miracle" apparently that Africa is not really suffering from covid while not even being vaccinated. Anyway, I honestly think that one vax is enough for me. At first one was supposed to be enough, then they wanted two, and now they are planning on third. When is enough? 15 vaccinations a year?
    Last edited by lortsy12; 2021-12-02 at 03:11 PM.

Why is it that the Vax is being forced on the whole world, which also costs billions and billions to "save the world from covid" when before that developed countries couldn't give a flying fk about all these less developed countries and now suddenly they are willing to help them? Also, I don't belong to any of these cults so I can't say which facts or talking points etc. belong to which cult, but the mainstream media literally was talking about it being some kind of a "miracle" apparently that Africa is not really suffering from covid while not even being vaccinated. Anyway, I honestly think that one vax is enough for me. At first one was supposed to be enough, then they wanted two, and now they are planning on third. When is enough? 15 vaccinations a year?
    Once again, this is more anti-vaxxer nonsense, with you moving goalposts just as soon as your narrative gets torn to shreds. Do you honestly think we haven't seen the "just asking questions" narrative?

You are making claims that are simply untrue, and the burden of evidence is entirely on you. So, let us know when you have evidence for all your claims. So, if you cannot, then Hitchens' Razor is in effect, and your comments can be summarily dismissed as lies and bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it that the Vax is being forced on the whole world
    It's not being forced. I don't see anyone being held at gunpoint while a shot is put in their arm. People, however, are being held accountable for their choices which if they choose to avoid a life saving safe and effective vaccine then they have consequences. This isn't the first vaccine mandate for the populace. Why aren't you complaining about the MMR vaccines? Do you wish we'd forgo polio vaccines and have that come back?

which also costs billions and billions to "save the world from covid" when before that developed countries couldn't give a flying fk about all these less developed countries and now suddenly they have the money and are willing to help them all to get the vaccine?
    "Why are countries suddenly caring about other countries during a global pandemic" is not the smart question you think it is.

Also, I don't belong to any of these cults
    r/thathappened

so I can't say which facts or talking points etc. belong to which cult, but the mainstream media literally was talking about it being some kind of a "miracle" apparently that Africa is not really suffering from covid while not even being vaccinated.
    Do you really think Africa's reporting on infection rates is accurate? Where did you get your epidemiology degree? I'm curious which university you got it from.

Anyway, I honestly think that one vax is enough for me. At first one was supposed to be enough, then they wanted two, and now they are planning on third. When is enough? 15 vaccinations a year?
    If only there was a search engine you can use to get these answer. If only...

Two shots IS one vaccine. Because for mRNA vaccines it requires two doses to reach the desired antibody response. Other vaccine types only require one shot because they reach that level with one dose. Welcome to science and how vaccines work. They also found that antibody responses fade over time - so they are asking people to get a booster shot. As treatments and progress happens I'm sure we'll move to a yearly shot similar to the flu vaccine.

Your hysteria over easily answered question and absolutely absurd extremism just shows you are a fake account spreading anti-vaxx talking points because apparently you woke up today and decided you prefer to see people die rather than choose the right medical options to prevent the spread and severity of covid.

So congrats on being terrible. Hope you feel good about it.
    Forum badass alert:

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it that the Vax is being forced on the whole world
    Because it's a pandemic in a globalized society and leaving unvaccinated pockets is just asking for increasingly resistant variants to develop, as we're seeing with Omicron.

Also, I don't belong to any of these cults so I can't say which facts or talking points etc. belong to which cult, but the mainstream media literally was talking about it being some kind of a "miracle" apparently that Africa is not really suffering from covid
    Which is largely attributable to the fact many African nations already had a high level of epidemic preparedness owing to incidents like Ebola, combined with some evidence that endemic malaria might have an impact on COVID vulnerability. Said 'miracle' is also proving to be ephemeral as new variants like Delta and Omicron emerge.

Anyway, I honestly think that one vax is enough for me. At first one was supposed to be enough, then they wanted two, and now they are planning on third. When is enough? 15 vaccinations a year?
    Man you're just full of fallacies, aren't you. It's almost as if this is a novel coronavirus and new information about prevention and treatment is to be expected.

Get the fuck off Facebook.

- - - Updated - - -

Your hysteria over easily answered question and absolutely absurd extremism just shows you are a fake account spreading anti-vaxx talking points because apparently you woke up today and decided you prefer to see people die rather than choose the right medical options to prevent the spread and severity of covid.

So congrats on being terrible. Hope you feel good about it.
    All these free thinkers really be out here regurgitating social media talking points verbatim out of 'concern for their health' while spending 18 hours a day on Facebook or Twitter despite both of them being far more ruinous to your health than any vaccine.

You hate to see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Thanks for the replies guys. I didn't mean to cause any mischief, all I honestly care about is my health. However, I still remain sceptical for many reasons, and I'm really not sure if I'm going to take another shot unless it's really actually physically forced on me. All I care about is my own health, that's all.

There is also this: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#main_table

Thanks for the replies guys. I didn't mean to cause any mischief, all I honestly care about is my health. However, I still remain sceptical for many reasons, and I'm really not sure if I'm going to take another shot unless it's really actually physically forced on me. All I care about is my own health, that's all.

There is also this: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#main_table
    You mean the table that was already presented to you that showed your baseless narrative was completely wrong?

It's weird that you just jumped into the thread to push anti-vaxxer information and now want to skip off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read: But not about the health of those around you.

Sealion alert. Once again, get the fuck off Facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I care about is my own health, that's all.
    We're already well aware that anti-vaxxers only care about themselves. And ironically if you actually cared about your own health you'd get vaccinated as it's been proven that vaccines make covid symptoms less intense and vastly reduce the chances of hospitalization and death.

So let's be clear - you don't care about your own health.
    Forum badass alert:

You do realize the people dying are 99% unvaccinated now right? Probably not.
    Vaccines are good, but unfortunately not that good.

Obviously it depends on the level of vaccination (and the specific vaccines and...), but a rough guess is that 90% is closer to the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, this is simply an anti-vaxxer talking point, and isn't based on reality.

Many of countries in Africa have bigger issues... like starvation. Besides, many of the countries in Africa don't hardly test for it in the first place.
    You are missing the most obvious factor: Africa has a younger population, and age is a major risk-factor.

(And practically no country reports accurate numbers of cases; Africa is hardly alone.)

Added:
    However, looking at https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...aths-estimates African countries have in terms of estimated excess deaths not done well (but not as badly as Russia - but not better than western Europe), but there's also a large uncertainty in those numbers for most countries in Africa
    Last edited by Forogil; 2021-12-02 at 05:16 PM. Reason: I meant that the case-numbers are inaccurate. Tests might be correctly reported, the issue is that they are lacking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post

Obviously it depends on the level of vaccination (and the specific vaccines and...), but a rough guess is that 90% is closer to the truth.
    *dives into google* - yeah it looks like it depends on the analysis and the timeframe of when the data was taken. But you are right it's probably somewhere in the 80-95% depending on the state, timeframe, etc.

Either way it's overwhelming evidence that vaccinations prevent death to a high degree -- which if someone who claims to be so concerned about their own health you'd think that would cause them to move ASAP to get the shot.
    Forum badass alert:

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Read: But not about the health of those around you.

Sealion alert. Once again, get the fuck off Facebook.
    And even then being outspoken anti-vaccine doesn't make any sense.

I can kinda understand someone being hesitant to vaccinate themselves but they should logically join us and demand everyone else getting vaccinated to get the shitshow over with. An anti-vaxxers health is best protected when everyone around them is vaccinated.

You mean the table that was already presented to you that showed your baseless narrative was completely wrong?

It's weird that you just jumped into the thread to push anti-vaxxer information and now want to skip off.
    Not at all. I only care about my health, as honestly should all people. People for some reason have made this bs political and tribal where facts and critical thinking is secondary and only their own tribalistic view is all that matters. I don't care if some info is either "anti or pro-vax", all I only care about are practical results.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You are missing the most obvious factor: Africa has a younger population, and age is a major risk-factor.

(And practically no country reports accurate numbers of tests; Africa is hardly alone.)

Added:
    However, looking at https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...aths-estimates African countries have in terms of estimated excess deaths not done well (but not as badly as Russia - but not better than western Europe), but there's also a large uncertainty in those numbers for most countries in Africa
    It also has almost no testing in most of the countries. It's easy to pretend you don't have Covid, when you never get tested.

In the end, this is nothing more than the other poster lying in order to push anti-vaxxer propaganda.

- - - Updated - - -

Not at all. I only care about my health, as honestly should all people. People for some reason have made this bs political and tribal where facts and critical thinking is secondary and only their own tribalistic view is all that matters. I don't care if some info is either "anti or pro-vax", all I only care about are practical results.
    If you cared about your health, you'd get vaccinated. The data is overwhelming

Instead, you jumped in here (after a year of no posts) to push lies and falsehoods. When challenged on those bullshit claims, you tried to gish gallop into new bullshit claims. Your entire narrative is false.