Exploring Kalimdor Critique

There's a post up over at another site that investigates racism and bad stereotypes in Exploring Kalimdor. They closed the comments, but I think that the article's examples (barring one) are not even the barest scratch of showing 'racial stereotypes'.

1) Most troll tribes have been shown to be only partially literate, living in the ruins of former glory. This isn't new information---this is part of who the trolls are; scions of fallen empires. The Zekhan quote doesn't even imply except in the most maximalist interpretation that "Theron taught him how to read and write". The phrase "most of my reading and writing be thanks to him" could be expressed about a college English professor.

2) Zekhan does not show ignorance of "erosion". He is showing a different, spiritual understanding that speaks DIRECTLY TO HIS SHAMANISM as opposed to the Blood Elf 'science'.

3) Goblins as a dogwhistle for Jews makes sense only if you think Jews are mafioso-inspired ultracapitalists, which is problematic in and of itself. The Garrosh-era Goblins did in fact pollute the ever living out of the northern barrens, because Goblins don't care about the environment -at all-.

4) Night Elves are mad. This apparently is a problematic observation.

5) That text was definitely for Gallywix. This is the only reasonable critique in the article.

The outrage is absolutely manufactured. This isn't even woke critique, it's a poor critique designed to maximize outrage through context reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    The outrage is absolutely manufactured. This isn't even woke critique, it's a poor critique designed to maximize outrage through context reduction.

I am willing to bet a lot of manufactured outrage is through context reduction... especially when it comes to this game.

Also, Wowhead isnt' the only one where discussion is being squelched. It happened on a couple of WoW Reddit threads as well.