Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Maybe It's Time to Ban All Goldsellers from The Game

Hello fellow azerothians. The title might be offensive but only to goldsellers, multiboxers, auction house/material botters. We have been trying to play the game since the beginning but those people we call CHEATERS have been ruining the game. I have been reporting almost every suspicious people who might be gold seller or botter and yes I have recieved a mail that confirms someone had been punished for CHEATING. We must report all CHEATERS and clean our game. Maybe if we show how much we despise them, Blizzard might take more serious steps to banning all of them. Would you like to support? Type your ideas

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as there's buyers, you will never get rid of the sellers.

Start by slamming the ban hammer on the buyers, and you may manage to curb the undesired behavior.
    Here is something to believe in!

Let it go my friend.. enjoy your game, and ignore those who are buying it. The more money company has the better production quality we'll get.

I have reported people and received a confirmation e-mail too.

But, this won't stop if all forms of cheating aren't banned, and by that i mean carry services. It makes a mockery of the game.

Hello fellow azerothians. The title might be offensive but only to goldsellers, multiboxers, auction house/material botters. We have been trying to play the game since the beginning but those people we call CHEATERS have been ruining the game. I have been reporting almost every suspicious people who might be gold seller or botter and yes I have recieved a mail that confirms someone had been punished for CHEATING. We must report all CHEATERS and clean our game. Maybe if we show how much we despise them, Blizzard might take more serious steps to banning all of them. Would you like to support? Type your ideas

If you did this, you'd lose 25% or more of your player base. No game will ever do that. They only ever ban the sellers.

As someone who likes buying gold(I also love that we get called cheaters), it has been around since the very first MMO ever, and it will never, ever, go away. Get over it. I'm sorry that in one hour of work, I can buy the equivalent of a month's worth of farming in gold. Trading one resource for another, is more than fair, no matter what it is as long as both parties are agreed in the exchange.

Not only that, it is a more efficient use of my personal free time. As a parent, who only plays after my kids are in bed, I cannot dedicate endless hours to the purpose of farming a resource that I can spend $5 on and get instantly. It's illogical, to say the least. But now you're telling me, I'm not allowed to do whatever I want in my own free time, because you say so? Even though I'm not hurting ANYONE in the process?

Sorry, but you're going to lose this battle every single time. But based on the post you created here, even if they were all banned, you'd find something else to cry or be upset about.

Ofcourse punishing buyers would intimidate them. Real question is ''Who sells gold?'' . Answer is simple. People who got the millions or billions. Identifiying the gold seller is so easy while potential buyers are harder to identify. They refresh their pricey items regularly, they hold the most of the materials not only as stocker but also as grinder. They have multiple accounts that has lowest item lvls yet they are the richest. So yes identifying a gold seller is a lot easier than identifying the buyer , and by this way less possible buyers will get banned while malicious cancerous gold sellers would get what they deserve.
    Last edited by MrFrag; 2021-12-23 at 11:37 PM.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard already sells gold, who cares.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Oh wow. Great suggestion buddy. /s

Happy holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Blizzard already sells gold, who cares.
    Blizzard cares, I care, many players who tries to enjoy the game cares so yeah if Blizzard is selling gold buy it from there, not from 3th party or you can get banned, your gold also erased, and yeah your real money would be toilet paper as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    /snip
    For the record, I never said I was against gold buying. I actually agree with all your points, and myself partake in gold buying from time to time. (I totally hear you about it being a more efficient use of my time).

I was just proposing the obvious solution to the OP's inane question.

Side note: You should probably refrain from personal attacks in future replies, it's not a good look.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrFrag View Post
    not from 3th party or you can get banned
    As others have said, they totally COULD ban you... But they won't and never will. As long as you keep your transactions on the downlow and don't shout it from the rooftops or advertise, then they will always look the other way. I can confirm this from 15 years plus experience, and I'm not just referring to WoW either.
    Here is something to believe in!

Blizzard is a gold seller, and probably one of the biggest money makers for them. Personally I'd love if they got rid of the wow token but there's no shot it'll get removed. It would cost blizzard millions.

If you did this, you'd lose 25% or more of your player base. No game will ever do that. They only ever ban the sellers.

As someone who likes buying gold(I also love that we get called cheaters), it has been around since the very first MMO ever, and it will never, ever, go away. Get over it. I'm sorry that in one hour of work, I can buy the equivalent of a month's worth of farming in gold. Trading one resource for another, is more than fair, no matter what it is as long as both parties are agreed in the exchange.

Not only that, it is a more efficient use of my personal free time. As a parent, who only plays after my kids are in bed, I cannot dedicate endless hours to the purpose of farming a resource that I can spend $5 on and get instantly. It's illogical, to say the least. But now you're telling me, I'm not allowed to do whatever I want in my own free time, because you say so? Even though I'm not hurting ANYONE in the process?

Sorry, but you're going to lose this battle every single time. But based on the post you created here, even if they were all banned, you'd find something else to cry or be upset about.
    Really? %25 of the player database? According to your insticts, right. You could buy from Blizzard. Much safer.3th party websites can scam you, they can steal your credit card or crypto wallet. Don't try to make it look like something safe. If you buy from 3th party, you take your own risk and I wouldn't be the person to cry, you would deserve whatever happens.
    Last edited by MrFrag; 2021-12-24 at 12:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has as much meaning as "Let's make the game good." It's pretty clearly impractical to ban gold sellers who once banned just create new accounts. The best thing as a player is to play so that you aren't interested in buying gold from anyone (including Blizzard) although that's just as impossible as anything else. I would cut out an exception for using gold to pay for your subscription but once that door is open it's impossible to close it on anything else. So best idea is to move on and stay true to whatever principles you personally advocate.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Let it go my friend.. enjoy your game, and ignore those who are buying it. The more money company has the better production quality we'll get.
    You do know that Blizzard never had more money and profit than at the end of legion, right? We got BfA and SL after that, so no, more money does not mean higher quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Yes, we are definitely seeing the payoff for that, aren't we. Quality is unbelievably high from all the resources they're sinking into the game.

OT - if they cared, they'd come down on the buyer. While both are problem(s), coming down on the buyers would end the problem quickly.

Blizzard is also responsible up to a certain point(Morally) if someone buys gold from 3th party sites and gets scammed or his/her real money stolen/hacked from their wallets. It's why Blizzard brought WoW Token system and bans some goldsellers and buyers. But not all of them. You see some people come here and they still defend goldselling.Then all I can say is Blizzard must try harder to make their game safe for all costumers

While I agree it's impractical, I disagree that you're not hurting anyone. The person who gets their gold stolen from them by gold sellers gets hurt. The person who gets denied their spot in a group because your item level is higher (because you bought gold) gets hurt.

Nope, no one can do anything about it. But it's not victimless.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFrag View Post
    what do you mean "maybe it's time to ban all goldsellers from the game"? buying and selling gold for money is against TOS, if you see them (usually a level 1 character in a major city hub who is marked afk) then report them. You think Blizzard aren't taking it seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I have reported people and received a confirmation e-mail too.

But, this won't stop if all forms of cheating aren't banned, and by that i mean carry services. It makes a mockery of the game.
    carry services aren't a form of cheating

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    goldsellers auction house/material botters and even most multiboxers are already not allowed and they ban gold sellers all the time and botters in waves.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, just how do you suggest they ban all of the gold sellers? There is no feasible way since every time they do a ban wave, the gold sellers come back with different ways to circumvent anything done previously to stop them. There will always be gold sellers as long as there are those willing to commit fraud and purchase gold that was stolen from other players by thieves.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.