Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Why would they, the Blizzard name has been tarnished.
    Yeah and it mostly happned under the guy now runing Dreamhaven, so by logic their name shouldnt be that good either.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post

Just because you don't know the names of the people there doesn't mean they aren't talented.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. And probably thinking about average/mediocre devs/designers.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about. And probably thinking about average/mediocre devs/designers.
    Again, just becasue you are unaware of the talent doesn't mean it does not exist. You were only aware of the talent at Blizzard to begin with becasue they were the public faces of the games/company.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah and it mostly happned under the guy now runing Dreamhaven, so by logic their name shouldnt be that good either.
    Sorry for quote, but why do people keep forgetting this?

Mike morhaime was the leader of the vast majority of the shitshow blizzard is under now, why is he getting a free pass just because he left before it went public?

Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post

Mike morhaime was the leader of the vast majority of the shitshow blizzard is under now, why is he getting a free pass just because he left before it went public?
    Especially after all the statements about how he ignored or fired the accusers.

How much is Mike Morhaime actually worth? Does he even have the liquid capital to outright buy a company worth that much? Nobody else involved in Dreamhaven has even remotely close to the amount required, and they haven't released a game yet to generate revenue, so it would all be out of Mike's pocket.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Again, just becasue you are unaware of the talent doesn't mean it does not exist. You were only aware of the talent at Blizzard to begin with becasue they were the public faces of the games/company.
    I dont need to be aware of their public faces to know reality. Someone who has true talent get tons of job offers and they know their value. Period.
    There is no magic here or weird stuff like "talents are hiding" lol no.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

A lost of the really shitty stuff on their workers happened under Morhaime, on top of that he was very much into going under activision. Having one speech a year full of gamer lingo a year at blizzcon does not a great CEO make.

I mean if there is money to be had no doubt But i highly doubt they could afford the asking price.

Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post

Probably because people liked the game back then and it conflicts with the narrative that "it explains why it's shit now".
    just my guess tho.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I dont need to be aware of their public faces to know reality. Someone who has true talent get tons of job offers and they know their value. Period.
    There is no magic here or weird stuff like "talents are hiding" lol no.
    No one said they were hiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu fhtagn View Post
    A lost of the really shitty stuff on their workers happened under Morhaime, on top of that he was very much into going under activision. Having one speech a year full of gamer lingo a year at blizzcon does not a great CEO make.
    I'd say from an investor perspective he was good. From an actual managerial perspective he was shit. He could never deliver a product in a normal timeframe and couldn't stand on their own. He needed to be owned by others with more money to pay for over bloated projects.

Imagine leaving a festering swamp just to later go back and import the swamp water to drink it /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    How much is Mike Morhaime actually worth? Does he even have the liquid capital to outright buy a company worth that much? Nobody else involved in Dreamhaven has even remotely close to the amount required, and they haven't released a game yet to generate revenue, so it would all be out of Mike's pocket.
    A short google search brought up about 1.8 billion in etsimated networth. I guess when it comes to that level you can actually just trade non-liquid capital for the most part as well (unless you have contracts that forbid you from it). But even then, that wouldn't be enough to get even the franchise rights of Warcraft, let alone the rest of Blizzard.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    from Activision Blizzard theoretically?
    No.

10chars, silly question.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in a million years. Maybe they could somehow buy the rights to WoW, but the entire company? No. They would have to buy it from Activision, which will cost billions of dollars. Dreamhaven does not have that kind of money and last time I checked they haven't released a single game yet so they can't have a lot of money coming in...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can I change my answer to,
    Dreamhaven? Nope but Microsoft certainly can

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Can I change my answer to,
    Dreamhaven? Nope but Microsoft certainly can
    I think at this point it would be more likely Microsoft will buy dreamhaven

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Theoretically EA, microsoft or epic could buy blizzard. or even tencent as they already have a stake.

Doesn't mean it's likely to happen however.
    That didn't age well did it?
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV