Poll: Would you like to see a server merge happening

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Well thats pretty much how it is anyways with all the sharding and the 250 realms currently CRZ'ed with me..
    "It's kinda bad for me, sometimes, so I think we should make it even worse, for everyone, all the time!"

You sold me! I'm on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    i think ... CRZ need to be removed from the game
    Agree. Disagree on sharding.

We are playing a MMORPG and we shouldn't be divided in 500 realms.
    disagree
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    "It's kinda bad for me, sometimes, so I think we should make it even worse, for everyone, all the time!"

You sold me! I'm on board.
    Im gonna complain about a potential problem thats already a problem, more brilliant logic..

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    FWIW, Blizzard already automatically frees up character names on accounts that haven't been used in the current or prior expansion when am expac prepatch drops (so in this context, accounts that quit in Legion would have their names freed up in 10.0). They implemented this some expansions ago to be an automatic process instead of doing huge waves every half dozen years.

That's not as aggressive as doing it based on character activity rather than account activity, but I think most people aren't even aware they do this at all.
    I thought this too, however I remember some names of toons who's owner quit play in WoD and those names are still classed as taken.

Add surnames.
    Defaulted to the name of your origin server. This can be changed freely ONE TIME however, the names of the servers are locked as un-usable surnames so once you change it you lose it forever.
    Naming problem fixed.

Because you like to live the easy life. Makin' things that are value have 0 value basically.
    Must spawns are affected by the online population of the server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Add surnames.
    Defaulted to the name of your origin server. This can be changed freely ONE TIME however, the names of the servers are locked as un-usable surnames so once you change it you lose it forever.
    Naming problem fixed.
    Just use the battle.net method. You can have multiple toons with the same name, but you have a unique identifier, too

Surnames would be a fun cosmetic addition, though

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Just remove CRZ bs in general, no replacements. Go back to how it was before MoP.

Problem fixed.
    Then you have 2/3rds or more of servers that are unmasked for what they are, dead. That'd guarantee the mass mergers.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

CRZ was the nail in the coffin for server communities, knew that along with a lot of other people when it was introduced in MoP. I got banned on the official forums complaining about it too hard back then. All crossrealming must go to revive the long dead server communities. As for the name issue, seniority rules. The longer /played keeps the name. Cry about it. Server communities are far more important.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I thought this too, however I remember some names of toons who's owner quit play in WoD and those names are still classed as taken.
    I dunno, their support article still says it operates on a two expansion delay, and it jives with what I am seeing looking at guildroster for people with gibberish names and when they stopped playing.

Maybe someone just claimed those names, or maybe they upped their account at some point briefly for some reason or another.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Because you like to live the easy life. Makin' things that are value have 0 value basically.
    Bullshit. If it's fun for them to do so, then it has a lot of value. What you consider "lazy" might be considered "relaxed" for others. Your method for playing the games, and the value that you place on it is different from a lot of others.

And yes, for a lot of people, names are important. There is zero reason to merge when they can connect and people keep their names and are still part of the community. Servers not being merged is not what's wrong with the state of the game in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    It was an objectively shit part of the game and things are significantly better now. One of the best changes Blizzard has ever made, honestly. It's very unhealthy for an MMO for your first thought to be "Fuck me there's so many people here" whenever you do anything in game, and that's how it felt for a very long time.

If you ever felt proud of killing a mob before someone else could tag it I have no idea what to say, that's just... Yikes.

CRZ/Sharding made the game 100x better than before, because now you can actually play the game without everything taking fucking forever because of all the competition. Things being tedious does not make the game good, being constantly annoyed any time other players are on my screen does not make the game good.
    How is this yikes? This is legit how a MMORPG works. What is the point of any item or mob that has 0 value to it anymore. Like the point of anything in a game.
    Removing the barrier that makes it hard is making the item/mob or what ever we are talking about useless...

Isn't one of these issues that we face today that there feels 0 challenge in the open world? Having to fight for a mob sure helps giving a bit of feeling back of proudness.
    Seems basic MMORPG logic in my eyes though. I know launch weeks are different but in general, having quickly easy done content everywhere due the fact people are phased away is not healthy for a MMORPG no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Bullshit. If it's fun for them to do so, then it has a lot of value. What you consider "lazy" might be considered "relaxed" for others. Your method for playing the games, and the value that you place on it is different from a lot of others.

And yes, for a lot of people, names are important. There is zero reason to merge when they can connect and people keep their names and are still part of the community. Servers not being merged is not what's wrong with the state of the game in any way.
    Aren't singleplayer games ment to relax you, MMORPG are there to make you feel like you experience a world full of other players. Sometimes i do feel people drift away of the idea how a MMORPG used to be. I get everyones point but at the same time we are not playing a singleplayer game aswell.

Poll is showing aswell where the interest is resting at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

How is this yikes? This is legit how a MMORPG works. What is the point of any item or mob that has 0 value to it anymore. Like the point of anything in a game.
    Removing the barrier that makes it hard is making the item/mob or what ever we are talking about useless...

Isn't one of these issues that we face today that there feels 0 challenge in the open world? Having to fight for a mob sure helps giving a bit of feeling back of proudness.
    Seems basic MMORPG logic in my eyes though. I know launch weeks are different but in general, having quickly easy done content everywhere due the fact people are phased away is not healthy for a MMORPG no.
    Because another player fighting you for mobs isn't fun, it just makes me dislike all the other players I see. And killing a mob before another player gets to it doesn't make me feel good, it just means I was faster or closer, there's nothing about that that makes me feel proud to have killed it first.

The open world isn't supposed to be challenging, it exists solely as a means to progress your character enough to get to the parts of the game that are actually meant to be rewarding. Making the open world a challenge isn't fun, it's just incredibly tedious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Because another player fighting you for mobs isn't fun, it just makes me dislike all the other players I see. And killing a mob before another player gets to it doesn't make me feel good, it just means I was faster or closer, there's nothing about that that makes me feel proud to have killed it first.

The open world isn't supposed to be challenging, it exists solely as a means to progress your character enough to get to the parts of the game that are actually meant to be rewarding. Making the open world a challenge isn't fun, it's just incredibly tedious.
    An open world must feel like an open world and not an empty world though. I rather see people running around me then just NPC's but that is my cup of tea.

An open world must feel like an open world and not an empty world though. I rather see people running around me then just NPC's but that is my cup of tea.
    An open world also needs to not feel like a damned crowded bullet train at key choke points. As much as people say otherwise there are a LOT of people playing even if one region only has a couple hundred thousand people there will be that many on several of the more high traffic areas. Storms Peak would be damned near unplayable with the amount of people farming TLPD, outside the major cities would be so crowded dueling would be damned near impossible when everyone's nut to butt and let's not even talk about current content

And no that won't encourage people to spread out to the world places like Feralas and Desolace would still be mostly dead people aren't going to flock to Outland because of this and the places with mount raids might end up being a damned lag zone as everyone and their mother trys to funnel into a damned raid.
    Last edited by Mysterymask; 2022-01-15 at 03:43 AM.

would be cool to have a single NA realm, and other realms per region. however so many systems would have to change, esp mob tagging, scaling mob HP, and mob respawn rates. Really don't want to see a mob spawn point that is nothing more than AOE spam and hoping you get the "tic" that gives you credit ....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    An open world also needs to not feel like a damned crowded bullet train at key choke points. As much as people say otherwise there are a LOT of people playing even if one region only has a couple hundred thousand people there will be that many on several of the more high traffic areas. Storms Peak would be damned near unplayable with the amount of people farming TLPD, outside the major cities would be so crowded dueling would be damned near impossible when everyone's nut to butt and let's not even talk about current content

And no that won't encourage people to spread out to the world places like Feralas and Desolace would still be mostly dead people aren't going to flock to Outland because of this and the places with mount raids might end up being a damned lag zone as everyone and their mother trys to funnel into a damned raid.
    I get your point but they still need to tackle up dead areas more. Like even if that means 1 zone is connected to 200 realms. if that makes the zone feel alive. give me it. Like why stop connecting at 5 realms if most zones are still a deadzone.

That is why i think a server merge is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take your merged realms and go right to hell. I'm perfectly comfortable were I am and I've been comfortable for my entire playtime. Last thing I need or want is to be shoved into your noisy little shithole just for the sake of appeasing your extroversion.
    some of us LIKE being on smaller servers and there is no good reason to gut that any more then crz, linked servers and other garbage already has
    Wrath baby and proud of it

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Aren't singleplayer games ment to relax you, MMORPG are there to make you feel like you experience a world full of other players. Sometimes i do feel people drift away of the idea how a MMORPG used to be. I get everyones point but at the same time we are not playing a singleplayer game aswell.

Poll is showing aswell where the interest is resting at.
    Well, to reiterate, connected realms basically serves the same function as a merger but without people having to give up their unique identity that they may have culminated. And, I'm sorry... no. MMOs can serve as an equally relaxing escape as single player. I am uncertain why "servers merge" is the hill you want to die on, when they have already solved this problem with connected realms.

Not only that, but server groups put more people out in the world beyond the connected realms. The issue isn't that the players are too spread out over realms, it's that not as many people are out and about playing the world content.

And, as for the poll? It's a TEENY, TINY sampling of ONE demographic that happens to spend time here on MMO-C. It doesn't really depict what the whole of the community does or doesn't want.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the point of "Well people might lose their name and hate it" is a very bad reason to not merge realms at this point. Most people are adults and should understand these things may happen in a game's lifetime.
    They need to have a solution to duplicate names. Making people change their name after a realm merge isn't going to happen. There are some possible solutions they could use like hidden numbers after a character name (as battletags have) or character last names, but both make typing /whisper to someone a bit awkward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Well, to reiterate, connected realms basically serves the same function as a merger but without people having to give up their unique identity that they may have culminated. And, I'm sorry... no. MMOs can serve as an equally relaxing escape as single player. I am uncertain why "servers merge" is the hill you want to die on, when they have already solved this problem with connected realms.

Not only that, but server groups put more people out in the world beyond the connected realms. The issue isn't that the players are too spread out over realms, it's that not as many people are out and about playing the world content.

And, as for the poll? It's a TEENY, TINY sampling of ONE demographic that happens to spend time here on MMO-C. It doesn't really depict what the whole of the community does or doesn't want.
    You do realise that is mostly how polls work, you talk to an amount of people and see the result and so on. I bet if i do the same poll on another site it will remain the same. It gives you clear sight where interest lays at even if its a small scale compared to the big numbers.

Right now most people on here are still on denial by losing their name, their name.... Just merge it all togheter.