Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    That implies an expansion with dragons is definitively great. That's a surface level way to look at art.

Any theme can be great and any theme can be bad; it depends on the implementation.
    That has nothing to do with what I stated. I simply put that people should not get too excited about what they think is going to happen because, if it doesn’t, it just leads to bad feelings. Sometimes a sense of betrayal is also felt.
    If people want to speculate about something and have fun with the discussion then have at it. I’m just stating not to take 1 small bit of info about something and base an entire xpac off of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why everyone is so excited for a Dragon Isles expansion, like don't we have enough Dragons in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I don't get why everyone is so excited for a Dragon Isles expansion, like don't we have enough Dragons in the game?
    We actually had dragons in every expansion so far.

But the thing is dragons in wow have been fairly mistreated, living tragedy after tragedy.

They've been killed, enslaved, corrupted way before vanilla.

And after that we continued to kill them because of corruption or loot.

Even in Cataclysm, which was supposed to close their story arc, their only reward was losing their Aspects powers.

Still after that they continued doing their jobs as guardians. In BFA we expect them to help us save Azeroth with the little power they got left.

But they still get killed, enslaved, corrupted. Nothing changed except they have little number and strength.

On top of that, we learn in Legion that they can't even reproduce anymore (???) which literally makes them an endangered species.

If dragons were a playable race, you'd have hundreds and hundreds of pages about how unfair the writers are to them, how they deserve better and how people stopped playing the game because of the emotional breakdown from seeing their favorite race being shit on.

And if Cataclysm was supposed to be the conclusion of their story, it was pretty unsatisfactory and their involvement in the following stories made it even more bitter.

So yeah, I think it's not about having more dragons, it's about giving them a good resolution. Story wise, it's what people seem to want right now. Actual satisfying closure that makes sense and doesn't leave you hanging or waiting for the next tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    don't we have enough Dragons in the game?
    Not only that, FIGHTING dragons can be so annoying. They tend to cleave front and back needing constant repositioning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only that, FIGHTING dragons can be so annoying. They tend to cleave front and back needing constant repositioning.
    don't forget the frontal cone dragon breath

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post

dragons in wow have been fairly mistreated, living tragedy after tragedy.

Story wise, it's what people seem to want right now.
    That's a version of the strawman argument. "People" is a generalized word which implies most people.

I'm pretty sure most people don't care AT ALL about lore; it's not like this game ever had great one.

That's a version of the strawman argument. "People" is a generalized word which implies most people.

I'm pretty sure most people don't care AT ALL about lore; it's not like this game ever had great one.
    Okay so "People who care about the lore" seem to want good story resolutions. That fine ?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Here we go.

I just hope that the next expansion will include a massive old world revamp and not just have a random island, turned continent, about dragons. The game really needs the revamp by this point IMO
    I am fairly certain any "revamp" done to the old world would be in the same vain as Arathi or Darkshore

The devs already stated so, that whole world revamp would be too straining and not rewarding enough, but they aren't against revamping a zone or two each expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Dragon's expansion pretty much confirmed with those drake mounts ?
    Or Elune/Life expansion, being an Emerald Drake.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Or Elune/Life expansion, being an Emerald Drake.
    Didn't they say we are going back to Azeroth? Last expansion we barely get to call Stormwind/Orgrimmar home was during Cataclysm and i kinda miss it.
    Legion/MoP/Draenor/BfA and now Shadowlands got their own hub.
    Even if we do get Dragon Isles or whatever i am afraid they will get their own capital there. I kinda want an expansion where we get to sit in SW/Orgri and fly through old zones to reach certain zones that are part for that current expansion. Think Twilight Highlands/Uldum zones for their expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    We actually had dragons in every expansion so far.

But the thing is dragons in wow have been fairly mistreated, living tragedy after tragedy.
    Because Dragons are boring.

Modern Dungeons & Dragons usually have about one dragon every four or five modules they publish & they're never the focus.

Do you even know what strawman argument means? Strawman and hasty generalization are two different concepts - that's the first thing. I see you came here to be a smart-ass and fcked up nicely already.

The second thing, well, these forum threads are pretty much empty in comparison to the information exchange a few years ago. And based on what I have experienced on mmo-champion, Wowhead and WoW's subreddit, I can definitely agree that Dragon Isles seems not only to be a very hot topic, but also pretty warmly welcomed.
    Even if the person before me made a fallacious argument, these are still just a forum for random people to exchange their opinions, convictions and desires and there's nothing wrong about it - you're not on a thread treating about pholosophy, logic or epistemology, so chill dude...

And thirdly - well, even though it's a fair assumption that people usually play mainly for the PvE/ PvP experience, I don't think they are ignorant on lore. And guess what? - somehow, people are really intrigued by dragons, in any form. So yeah, Dragon Isles might excite a little wider playerbase than, let's say, another cosmology titan-esque stuff and I'd bet my own money that it does excite people at the very moment as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    Didn't they say we are going back to Azeroth? Last expansion we barely get to call Stormwind/Orgrimmar home was during Cataclysm and i kinda miss it.
    Legion/MoP/Draenor/BfA and now Shadowlands got their own hub.
    Even if we do get Dragon Isles or whatever i am afraid they will get their own capital there. I kinda want an expansion where we get to sit in SW/Orgri and fly through old zones to reach certain zones that are part for that current expansion. Think Twilight Highlands/Uldum zones for their expansion.
    It could still be Elune/Life themed, even if it occurs on Azeroth.
    Here's my theory why I think at least there will be Elune content:
    - If you look at previous store content, we can see:
    1. Vulpine Familiar, reuse the fox model from Ardenweald. Added in 8.1 BFA, so probably when SL was in development.
    2. Sylverian Dreamer, reuse the feathered dragon model from Ardenweald. Added in 8.2 BFA, when SL was in development.
    3. Sprite Darter's Wings transmog, that looks suspiciously like a reused concept for Ardeanweald covenant transmog. Added on 9.0.1, SL pre-expansion patch.

- Now you look at what was recently released:
    1. Sapphire Skyblazer, it's a new model (they reused it later for Zereth Mortis), and the text lore implies that they are not native to Azeroth and there are also orange ones. They look like phoenixes, and they have elven-looking armor. Added on 9.1 SL.
    2. Sunwarmed Furline, new model. The text lore also implies that they're not native to Azeroth. It also has elven-looking accents.
    3. Celestial Observer's Ensemble transmog.

What if the transmog is a discarded gear concept that didn't entirely match the zone/theme/faction that was created for, like I suspect the Sprite's one was?
    Also, both mounts and transmog seem to have a common astral/stars/sun theme.
    What if they're all related to a zone/faction from the next expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Because Dragons are boring.

Modern Dungeons & Dragons usually have about one dragon every four or five modules they publish & they're never the focus.
    Then we shall BREAK THE CYCLE, MAKE THEM THE FOCUS !

Quote Originally Posted by lachlol View Post
    Do you even know what strawman argument means? Strawman and hasty generalization are two different concepts
    Instead of personally attacking people: I'd suggest you first reevaluate if what made you feel angry was actually correct.

A strawman in general is a misrepresentation of the reality at hand; that is objectively its core definition.

Obviously a form of it is to say "generally people" when the majority might not care about it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    I am fairly certain any "revamp" done to the old world would be in the same vain as Arathi or Darkshore

The devs already stated so, that whole world revamp would be too straining and not rewarding enough, but they aren't against revamping a zone or two each expansion.
    That's fine as long as these zones are filled with meaningful content. Arathi and Darkshore were a disappointment, because they were only built for the sake of the warfronts and world quests, but they didn't revamp the questing.

That being said that I don't recall they've said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    Didn't they say we are going back to Azeroth?
    i think they said they want future content to be both, cosmic and "grounded", but afaik they didnt say anything about next expansion...
    and this was said recently, not like the expansion theme wasnt decided much sooner, so who knows if next expansion is already included in that decision

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    We had an expansion full of "new races", and blizzard will probably never add a real new starting zone for them. Without a new class the next expansion is a dealbreaker.
    I probably wont return if we don't get a new class. If its a pure dps class (unlikely) there's no chance I'll come back

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    That's fine as long as these zones are filled with meaningful content. Arathi and Darkshore were a disappointment, because they were only built for the sake of the warfronts and world quests, but they didn't revamp the questing.

That being said that I don't recall they've said that.
    That's what I am afraid, if they change up an old zone, it will end up being even worse than it is. Darkshore might look nicer, but it feels even more empty now.

Here's an interview in which they said something similar, there was one where they said something bit more specific towards old world revamp, but I cannot possibly find it https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ld-it-ever-end
    "It is funny, sometimes when we set something in one of the current expansions back in some of the old areas of the world, because we want people to appreciate how big Azeroth is, we will go to some of those areas like 'Ooh, you know, that art was created a long time ago.' And start doing a little touch up here and there. So maybe we'll have the whole game completely refreshed someday."

Oh no, i need to move while bossfights and cant just using one hand to brain afk dps him to the death.