Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Heritage armor exists on old races to get people to
    Race/faction change.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Without the shop, the team making those items wouldn't exist. Lose the shop, lose the shop items, gain nothing. In fact, you'd probably lose even more because the game would be less profitable and consequently have a smaller budget assigned.
    oh yeah lets just cut wow and make 5$ raids, 7$ 8 dungeons package etc lets just make it item shop game. I dont understand why ppl are defending this shit u pay monthly sub just to get rid of fkn item shop

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    oh yeah lets just cut wow and make 5$ raids, 7$ 8 dungeons package etc lets just make it item shop game. I dont understand why ppl are defending this shit u pay monthly sub just to get rid of fkn item shop
    Because all you can do is make up ridiculous strawmen.

They seemed more like a feature of BfA than anything else. The fact that we haven't seen any in SL seems to coincide with a lack of focus on the playable races this time around, hence the covenant sets. Maybe they'll return for 10.0? But who knows honestly

15+ Year Old Account
    Put simply, covenant armor sets and 9.2 class tier sets took up that part of the art budget (resources / time / money).

Unless I'm forgetting some:

BFA had 16 leveling sets (two sets per armor type for each continent), 8 dungeon sets (one set per armor type for each continent), 16 PVP/Warfront sets (two sets per armor type for each faction), 16 raid/PvP sets (one set per armor type for seasons 1-4), 1 Brawler's Guild set, and 12 Heritage armor sets (not including the four Allied Race sets that were introduced during Legion). 69 armor sets total (nice).

Shadowlands has 4 leveling sets (one set per armor type), 4 dungeon/honor sets (one set per armor type), 16 Covenant sets (four sets per armor type per Covenant), 5 cosmetic Covenant sets (one set per Covenant, one extra set for Venthyr), 8 raid/conquest sets (one set per armor type for seasons 1-2), 4 new starting sets (one set per armor type), and 12 raid/pvp class sets (one set per class for season 3). 53 armor sets total.

Keep in mind of course that Shadowlands is only going to run for three seasons. Were there to be a 9.3 with another season and raid tier, they'd probably get 12 more class sets and a few new dungeon sets or cosmetics, enough to bump it up to match BFA.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2022-01-22 at 06:15 PM.

The same that happened to allied races, cancelled.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because all you can do is make up ridiculous strawmen.
    ridiculous is item shop in wow

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    They're likely not happening. They're too busy pushing out store items and making shitty borrowed power systems.
    It is almost like this stuff takes time...oh and they have seperate teams for everything.

Their is most likely 1 or 2 people currently working on heritage armour. This stuff takes time to do. Not just something you can do over a weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    2022 and still don't understand that p2p games content should be priority than item shop which basicly shouldnt exist but ppl are too greedy milking cows like u
    2022 and do not understand that each aspect of the game has seperate members and teams. Do you honestly think that every member of the blizz team all works on the same thing?

You have people working on systems
    You have people working on raid encounters
    You have people working on tier gear

Than you have people
    Working on mounts
    Working on the look of tier gear
    Working on heritage armour

All aspects are seperated on different groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    It is almost like this stuff takes time...oh and they have seperate teams for everything.

Their is most likely 1 or 2 people currently working on heritage armour. This stuff takes time to do. Not just something you can do over a weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

2022 and do not understand that each aspect of the game has seperate members and teams. Do you honestly think that every member of the blizz team all works on the same thing?

You have people working on systems
    You have people working on raid encounters
    You have people working on tier gear

Than you have people
    Working on mounts
    Working on the look of tier gear
    Working on heritage armour

All aspects are seperated on different groups.
    They have had plenty of time. They can keep making new shop mounts but can't push out ONE set of heritage armor? Give me a break. Blizzard just doesn't give a shit about creating more heritage armor because it's not cash shop shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    ITs blizzard, they start something, then scrap to focus on something else.

Allied races, heritage armor, new customization, there is a big BOOM in the start to call players, then it die out.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    When are we getting the rest of em?
    most likely forgotten until they need something to bring in ppl

My guess is not enough people cared about them, and so they decided to focus their resources elsewhere instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    So they have one team that makes cash shop armour and another team that makes in game armour is what you think is going on? You think a team can't work on more than one thing? I mean how long can it take to make a set of armour?

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    2022 and still don't understand that store items are produced by an associate team
    But then who do I scapegoat for every bad thing????????

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    most likely forgotten until they need something to bring in ppl
    Or they just no longer want to bother. The Goblin and Worgen heritage armors were widely regarded as being absolute garbage and I honestly can't say I've seen anyone wearing it or at least wearing enough pieces of it as transmogs to recognize it as the heritage armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    When are we getting the rest of em?
    They are currently testing it in the dance studio, and engaging in a lot of aerial combat to ensure there are no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Forsaken, troll, draenei, human, orc, night elf.

Could argue a few of these already got theirs through the warfronts.
    Considering the warfront sets are unobtainable at level 51+..... I wouldnt say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The same that happened to allied races, cancelled.
    Tbf, they never said they there were any ARs coming in Shadowlands. Actually they said the opposite.

But heritage armor and Brawler's Guild were promised to come back in SL but were cut. So obviously there were some casualties in their mismanagement and turmoil.

I could see them implementing it perhaps in 9.2.5/10.0 and they announce the new leaders for those races. Anduin steps down from being King or rediscovers his drive to be King as the human quest chain and Sylvanis crowns Calia/Lilian or “steps down” out of remorse and Calia/Lillian take over officially and the quest chain is basically this.

Would be good as it will finally announce the new leader.

Night Elf can be establishing the new Capital wherever they choose to put it. With Legion now baked into the base game the broken isles could be a contender or they stick to an unused area of Hyjal etc.

Troll could be the birth of Voljin as the new Loa that he is destined to become.

Orc could be merging all the Orc races on Azeroth under the one banner and making them all the Horde now (yes there will be some that don’t just like we have human and elf etc Hostiles) and then establish a new ruler from this. You journey with Thrall and another Orc (someone new maybe) and that Orc is the new leader with Thrall confirming he will stay with the Horde and be an advisor and help the new Warchief.

Draenei can finally fix the Exodar (in game, I know it’s fixed in books) and restore the Exodar and surrounding land from being a crash site to an established colony with the Zanadar floating nearby as the starting zone quest hub zone in area.

Pandaren and the good Mogu can work together and establish a ruling council with Raden and the Celestials binding them together and fixing old wounds and bringing them into a new era where Mogu and Pandaren work as one and not as slaves and dictators

Wasn't heritage armor originally an Allied Race-only thing until people pointed out how it was such a good idea that the original races should have it as well? I can't imagine they would abandon that permanently since it was agreed to be a great idea, but how much they have stretched it out has certainly been frustrating. This is why I hate when group-based things are done piecemeal instead of waiting to be done all at once. It creates the opportunity to put it off and risk eventually leaving someone in the dust. By coincidence my favorite non-Allied Race alts are races that haven't gotten Heritage Armor yet, which makes me especially aware of not being lucky enough to have been done already.

I don't consider the Warfront armor to be replacements. They're thematically similar from a visual perspective, but there is plenty of other racial armor in the game for some races. As I see it, there are two major things that are core to what make Heritage Armor special:
    1) They (or at least the questlines) are granted purely on hitting a level threshold. This makes them evergreen. You don't have to get lucky about your character's own heritage, so it represents that character's heritage, not the player's prestige or anything. Warfront armor drops are almost the most inconsistent RNG in the game.
    2) They can be used on any class. This is important because it means you can get the classic flavor of your race no matter your class. This also allows more creative looks without breaking the lore. Also, Leather has the two most iconic Night Elven classes, druid and demon hunter, but I think the Leather Darkshore Warfront Armor is the weakest when it comes to selling the night elf "fantasy". That's subjective to a point, but I guarantee a true night elf Heritage Armor would not be designed the same way as that leather, even if that leather never happened (obviously they'd avoid that now because it does exist).

As a pet peeve when it comes to what definitely has happened with Heritage Armor, I kinda hate that they're tied to questlines. It's part of something I've been calling "story bloat". Even when we get something obvious that needs no explanation, like a race's iconic appearance, there's still a compulsion to "explain" it. I'm a lore fan, but I don't need literally everything to turn into a story. It reminds me of how voice acting in games is pushed as a strictly positive thing, but often restricts the story and prevents the writers from fixing things if lines have already been recorded. The story does seem in part to be why the remaining Heritage Armors have been held back, and I just find that to be unnecessary. Go ahead and add side quests about the races when something crucial happens to them. In fact, we could probably use a lot more of that sort of thing. But don't hold something like Heritage Armor hostage for it.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2022-01-23 at 05:09 AM.