7+ Year Old Account
    I hear many propositions regarding Liquid burnout to ban loot trading, at least for first few weeks of release. Do these people realize that it would only make race longer, because raiders would enter Mythic with much lower ilvl, and therefore lesser output? Like, how many Echos/Liquids would have a 2set (not even mentioning 4set) from single normal/hc run? And they would still do multiple runs on multiple characters to see who gets the proper loot and be their main.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Except he never said something like this.
    Not in so many words, but the undertones are there.

They simply deflated. Granted, nobody expected this tier to run this long - but exceptional performance shows in the unexpected, not the expected. Liquid went into this overconfident, thinking they'd simply go in and crush the tier in no time flat. Some people didn't even bother doing ZM rep for double leggos because they were sure they wouldn't need it. And when it DID run this long, and they DID need it, that confidence backfired into a realization that they bit off more than they can chew, which sank their morale and therefore their performance.

Yes it's tough on the players to run this long a tier, but they are - quite literally - professionals. They can be expected to adapt and persevere, and it's justified to criticize them when they don't. This was a hard time. One guild dealt with it; the other did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I hear many propositions regarding Liquid burnout to ban loot trading, at least for first few weeks of release. Do these people realize that it would only make race longer, because raiders would enter Mythic with much lower ilvl, and therefore lesser output? Like, how many Echos/Liquids would have a 2set (not even mentioning 4set) from single normal/hc run? And they would still do multiple runs on multiple characters to see who gets the proper loot and be their main.
    Yes, it would make the race longer BUT there would be points in the race where it's dead obvious that it's not killable without certain pieces of gear. This would allow for all competing teams to take breaks and step away from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And they would still do multiple runs on multiple characters to see who gets the proper loot and be their main.
    That's the exact situation that happened during the Castle Nathria race. Philwestside had 9! mages. I'm not sure the top guilds want to come back to this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Ah, being a raiding reject from his past (which hes no doubt forgotten about) clearly makes you unbiased in your vendetta crusade against him. Thanks for the self-exposure.

As I said, this thread is full of trolls who arent especially interested in Max, but rather only interested in jumping on the bandwagon to piss on someone falling from the top. It could be someone else in future, but right now its Max.
    Maybe take a break like Liquid my dude, you don't seem well.

You keep saying people aren't interested in Max, but you have provided no evidence or logical backing to the argument. You can throw insults over the internet all you want, but it doesn't actually make your argument sounds any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Philwestside had 9! mages.
    How the hell did he fit 362,880 mages onto his accounts?

gg Echo, well deserved for having so much persistence and stamina to keep going strong this long.

As for Liquid and Max, seems to me like the good old "burnt-out-guild-disband/I-quit-this-game-and-I-hate-it" drama because they lost the race, like we have every tier again on every server when guilds race for server first.

In stead of "we stop because we are mentally burnt out", he just should have said, "we take a break because obviously we lost and we don't have the morale to continue now".
    Also blaming blizzard with the tuning, the long race etc, makes him appear as a bad loser, which is sad because that's how we will remember it, in stead of a good race that was really fun to watch.

In stead of the respect he deserves, as he is a great raid leader and really lift his team to a higher level, he now takes the blame and it could all be prevented by being just a bit more humble and accepting the loss from the better team. No more words were needed for now.

Anyway, I hope Liquid will still exist and take part in the next raid. Let Max focus on raid leading and let someone else be guild master and take care of communication with the public.

off topic
    Also Zaelia is such a gifted gamer, seeing the kill vid and all his MVP moves with guardian angels and grips and never making mistakes...

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Ah, being a raiding reject from his past (which hes no doubt forgotten about) clearly makes you unbiased in your vendetta crusade against him. Thanks for the self-exposure.
    He is biased against max because he is a raiding reject by scripe?

Is this some form of smoothbrain fanboy mental gymnastics?

Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    As for Liquid and Max, seems to me like the good old "burnt-out-guild-disband/I-quit-this-game-and-I-hate-it" drama because they lost the race, like we have every tier again on every server when guilds race for server first.

In stead of "we stop because we are mentally burnt out", he just should have said, "we take a break because obviously we lost and we don't have the morale to continue now".
    Both guilds were burnt out. Echo had moments when their players were asking when they'd get to go home. This race has taken it's toll on everyone who has spent the last 17 days raiding all day and all evening. It's relentless and it's brutal. Especially when you're behind in a close race like this. Reverse the positions and it's possible Echo could have made the same call. I've no doubt that what Max said is the truth. They were burnt out. You could see it and hear it on the streams. Same with Echo. You could see how drained they were.

Echo's stats say it all for me. (Rough stats, could be wrong).

188 Split Gear Runs
    1118 Total Boss Pulls
    17 Days of Mythic Progression

Since RWF has been an ongoing theme in WoW, RWF teams have focused on #1. As soon as the first guild has won the race, the 1-2 guilds that might also have a chance at #1 have usually shifted down three gears.

Method/Echo, Limit and other guilds then didn't care if they cleared the raid with #2 or #3 - the race was lost either way.

In addition, the players of Echo have already developed similar desires. Until the kill of LoD, the mental state was already so low that the question of meaning was also asked. Why continue if you can't catch up anyway? In the case of Echo, the question was perhaps a bit premature, since there were still some bosses to come. From Limit's position, however, the move was much more understandable.
    Last edited by Millyraynge; 2022-03-27 at 11:23 AM.

I think liquid still has decent chances to end up 2nd, the % the other guilds like method, pieces, skyline, bdgg need to make to catch up is considerable, even if they have 1-1,5 days now to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    I think liquid still has decent chances to end up 2nd,
    My money is on Echo for 2nd place.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    188 Split Gear Runs
    1118 Total Boss Pulls
    17 Days of Mythic Progression
    Insane... 188 splits, thats 188*11 bosses and what, 1.5 pulls on average per boss?
    Thats about 3100 pulls alone from the splits... With the boss pulls? Wow.. Thats 4200 pulls in 17 days
    250ish pulls per day... With 12 hour raiding days, thats on average one pull every 2.88 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Insane... 188 splits, thats 188*11 bosses and what, 1.5 pulls on average per boss?
    Thats about 3100 pulls alone from the splits... With the boss pulls? Wow.. Thats 4200 pulls in 17 days
    250ish pulls per day... With 12 hour raiding days, thats on average one pull every 2.88 minutes.
    No, for example they did splits on Jailer for the mace and didn't kill the 10 bosses before that for those splits.

Liquid didnt plan this well. So they had no clue this race was going to last maybe 2+ weeks?

so at this point, would guild master loot help splits or make them worse?

Also blaming blizzard with the tuning, the long race etc, makes him appear as a bad loser, which is sad because that's how we will remember
    thats literally Max for you the last 8 years, and the reason ppl hate him, on hes stream he shit talks eu/echo for 6 months and how they will crush them just to lose the race with a 16hr head start and blames external factors for it, even in the rare occasions in which they have won (2 times ) he still cryed on twitter and went passiv agressive.
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Shpriest View Post
    My money is on Echo for 2nd place.
    Well if they would go do reclear on wednesday, i would bet it as well, however doubt they gonna raid until end of reset or maybe even take a reset or two off...

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    so at this point, would guild master loot help splits or make them worse?
    it won't change the number of spit. It makes it easier to organise them, because you don't need to fill a raid with people who already have the loot so they can trade it if they get a duplicate but it won't change the number of splits done.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    Well if they would go do reclear on wednesday, i would bet it as well, however doubt they gonna raid until end of reset or maybe even take a reset or two off...
    Man, Method getting Jaina world 1st and 2nd was so hilarious to see.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.