Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilnez View Post
    Found the grey parser who mysteriously gets kicked from every high end group and can't figure out why.
    It’s still cringeworthy, borderline obsessive. I kick players that only talk about their parses, it’s as boring as hearing a pothead praise pot 24/7.

Worst part is, parsers generally don’t know how to interpret statistics.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2022-04-01 at 04:07 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Being used in WF in XIV is pretty meaningless as you can World Prog on any job.

The team that usually wins the race legit has a player that only plays DRK, so unless DRK is meta at the start of every raid tier I feel like you shouldn't pay attention to the comps that much.

Also, I feel like parsing in XIV has dubious integrity to start, I wouldn't put too much stock into it. Low amount of competitive PVE content + no lockouts + long GCD + giant potencies on 2min CDs = people just spam the fights endlessly and it just becomes a crit fishing contest.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIVuseryo View Post

They do need your gear to see your actual potency otherwise they are estimating (determination). They also need gear to see your crit chance, direct hit change and even tenacity. I would agree that 5% is trivial if the parses were not taken seriously. Considering how seriously they are taken; 5% is the difference between night and day. People farm for months trying to achieve .5% higher dps. It's the difference between #1 and #99. Most of the average raiders fall within 5-7% of each other's dps numbers.

I just respect something like stone, sky and sea. Because at least it is giving you some factual actual values.
    You do realize plugin is reading in game memory right? If not then don't speak about things you have no idea about. This estimation doesn't come from ass. Its overall well within reasonable error margin.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

ACT reads network traffic, not game memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    ACT reads network traffic, not game memory.
    ACT reads text files, doesn't do anything by itself, FFXIV_ACT_Plugin does read both network traffic AND in game memory.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Why do you post opinion about things you have no idea about? Yes its not 100% accurate but its accurate enough and this is what I've checked myself. Its within 5% error margin.

Plugin doesn't need your gear to get actual potency.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You do realize plugin is reading in game memory right? If not then don't speak about things you have no idea about. This estimation doesn't come from ass. Its overall well within reasonable error margin.
    5-7% is not reasonable to me. I understand where you are coming from. You make 3rd party apps for FFXIV and you run a discord server for them. The idea of reasonable for me is much different than yours.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...extUI-wishlist

I already mentioned it in my original post that there is much money involved in this and it tends to make people develop certain biases as their interests are engineered around them. FFXIV is just a very hostile platform for outside 3rd party apps and no amount of sugarcoating is going to change that fact to me. Right until the devs are interested in sharing all the information. I am a purist when it comes to sharing of information and what the idea of "reasonable" is. That being said I don't mind what the devs have done I think they had the right intentions. And they already put in stone,sky and sea within the game to check the readiness of DPS.
    Last edited by FFXIVuseryo; 2022-04-02 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Parsing in any game is really fucking cringe and you should stop doing it.
    This. 100% this right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    If there is any type of addon that need to be blocked in every game possible its damage / healing meters.
    I never care about the teammate's damage, but when i started ffxiv form months it made me crazy not knowing how i perform and where i should improve. Since talking about it is a bannable offense i don't see how it makes anything worse. Also those type of toxic people usually will find ways to be toxic, they don't need a dps meter for that... Low dps group can/will disband naturally, without dps meter too, meanwhile no ones feelings get hurt, and if they do then report them.
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2022-04-02 at 09:08 AM.

imagine not being able to tell if a person is hurting the team...i mean i guess if FF raids are on the level of lfr it doesnt matter

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    I never care about the teammate's damage, but when i started ffxiv form months it made me crazy not knowing how i perform and where is should improve. Since talking about it is a bannable offense i don't see how it makes anything worse. Low dps group can/will disband naturally, without dps meter too, meanwhile no ones feelings get hurt
    It can be good to improve yourself sure, but sadly it just makes people toxic when they use it more to see and make fun of others bad or low dps then trying to improve themself.

Parsing is a actually great. It all depends on the people who use it and how.

If the bosses are tightly tuned, it's of great importance to see what's working better and where you can improve, which is true for WoW, no idea about FF.
    For some people, the artificial competition is also nice to try and push themselves every clear to do better and score higher.

The bad part about is the people who bash others that don't have great parses and/or people that cause wipes for the very purpose of higher parses

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    imagine not being able to tell if a person is hurting the team...i mean i guess if FF raids are on the level of lfr it doesnt matter
    They really are not on the lvl of lfr if we re talking about savage and ultimate but ok

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    They really are not on the lvl of lfr if we re talking about savage and ultimate but ok
    ykes,thats even worse if thats the case,seriously...is the raiding scene dead or something?how do people know whos performing and who isnt?i mean i get the desire to avoid toxicity in easy pugs but i feel taking away options/info from players is never a good thing

Parsing should be about skill activation and buff/debuff uptime. Only reason why dmg has been prioritized is because its easy to track

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Removing a hindrance that brings the entire team down in a team-based content is not toxicity.
    ACTUALLYYYY... It is. Especially when you phrase it that way. You're not removing a "hindrance", you're removing a human being. The non-toxic thing to do would be to try and help them. Kicking someone as soon as theyre problematic is toxic, regardless of however you try and justify it. Even if the rest of the group has agreed that if they were problematic, they'd get removed too, it only means the entire group is toxic. People have glorified these groups for so long that there's really people that don't understand this.

Obviously if you've tried to help someone, and they're not getting it, then you can say "hey man we gotta sit you out, we're gettin stuck here and we need more out of you than what you're capable of." But it's easier to use the "We don't have the time" card than to be a decent person and trying to help, or explaining why they need to be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    ykes,thats even worse if thats the case,seriously...is the raiding scene dead or something?how do people know whos performing and who isnt?i mean i get the desire to avoid toxicity in easy pugs but i feel taking away options/info from players is never a good thing
    Bro are you trolling or do you have a hate boner for the game? I literally meant they were obviously more difficult than you re making them out to be. Ultimate raids are on the level of end mythic bosses and savage raids early bosses are around the same level of mid tier mythic bosses. Some of the savage end bosses like shiva would be comparable to end mythic bosses also.

your take is cringe and you should stop

So why is it working then? If it's so pointless then why is the toxicity so low? Huh??
    FF14 has plenty of toxicity, you just seem to think it only exists in high end pve content.

there is a reason why FF14 has the TOS that it has, if you dont think the game has toxicity, it just means you dont see issue to it.

I have been playing FF14 since 1.0 on both NA and EU servers, both have bad sides and plenty of toxicity, I would actually say that the players in FF14 are considerably more degenerate and way more harassment takes place.

people need to stop treating the game like tinder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    ACTUALLYYYY... It is. Especially when you phrase it that way. You're not removing a "hindrance", you're removing a human being. The non-toxic thing to do would be to try and help them. Kicking someone as soon as theyre problematic is toxic, regardless of however you try and justify it. Even if the rest of the group has agreed that if they were problematic, they'd get removed too, it only means the entire group is toxic. People have glorified these groups for so long that there's really people that don't understand this.

Obviously if you've tried to help someone, and they're not getting it, then you can say "hey man we gotta sit you out, we're gettin stuck here and we need more out of you than what you're capable of." But it's easier to use the "We don't have the time" card than to be a decent person and trying to help, or explaining why they need to be removed.
    Just to ask and this is always the crux of the debate, explain how you help someone?

outside executing mechanics, the main issue with FF14 is the that the average playerbase skill level is really low (NOT NEW PLAYERS), like bad.

So yes, this means their dps is low, care to tell me how you will help said player without telling them their damage is low or dont wish to carry them, you completely glossed over this step, you missed the playerskill when it comes to performance which is the main reason these debates start in the first place.
    Last edited by Thoriangun; 2022-04-02 at 11:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why?

By no means I'm a top parser, I parse like 80-90% on average and I could probably say the same about my raid team, we just have fun trying to out dps each other and if someone gets a higher parse in the process - great! If someone doesn't do that well - no big deal, we're a team afterall.

There's nothing wrong wit having a competitive side to PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    By no means I'm a top parser, I parse like 80-90% on average
    Your second statement contradicts your first. 80-90% is by definition a "top parser", because 50% is average, and you're in the top percentage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !