Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Could very well be specs instead of classes which actually makes a lot more sense as a thing Blizzard would do rather than 4 new classes imo.

The only issue is Tinker doesn't fit anywhere and was already made "fun" of as an April fool's joke by Blizzard, so I don't really know.
    You're forgetting that Pandas were an Aprils Fools joke too at some point before becoming real. If anything, its Blizzard saying hey...we read the leaks on MMO-Champion so now we're gonna troll you with our April Fools Tinker tease. They are not stupid they know what the players want. If anything the Tinker nod might be more official proof than ever before.

Also on March 17th, why would offical World of Warcraft tweeter account tweet "Did someone say Goblin Mode?" https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/...UrrH2X0AVpOrhA

Adding new Specs won't be interesting enough in my opinion, you'll still be playing same class with some new toys and that's it, it won't truly feel unique. Also, if Dragon Knight is another Spec who would even get it? Warrior already has a tank spec, what is the point of having a 2nd Tank spec? One uses Sword and Shield and other Two-Headed Weapon? If I wanted to do that I'll go role a Blood DK. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post
    You're forgetting that Pandas were an Aprils Fools joke too at some point before becoming real. If anything, its Blizzard saying hey...we read the leaks on MMO-Champion so now we're gonna troll you with our April Fools Tinker tease. They are not stupid they know what the players want. If anything the Tinker nod might be more official proof than ever before.

Also on March 17th, why would offical World of Warcraft tweeter account tweet "Did someone say Goblin Mode?" https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/...UrrH2X0AVpOrhA

Adding new Specs won't be interesting enough in my opinion, you'll still be playing same class with some new toys and that's it, it won't truly feel unique. Also, if Dragon Knight is another Spec who would even get it? Warrior already has a tank spec, what is the point of having a 2nd Tank spec? One uses Sword and Shield and other Two-Headed Weapon? If I wanted to do that I'll go role a Blood DK. Makes no sense.
    It took 15 years since that joke for pandas to come to WoW and they only came because they want to please the chinese market. Maybe in or around 2040 we will see Tinkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    It took 15 years since that joke for pandas to come to WoW and they only came because they want to please the chinese market. Maybe in or around 2040 we will see Tinkers.
    lol. Look I am not the ultimate Tinker fanboy here who will defend the possiblity till the ends of the earth, but you also gotta realize we live in a different time now. Community is a lot easier to reach out too and far more vocal. They brought Demon Hunters and Death Knights, they know damn well people want Tinkers. I think the April Fool's Day joke is a red herring. But I could also be tottaly be wrong so.

I may be missing something, but you could NEVER have two healers in a 5 man group. Why would you and your friend BOTH make healers and then expect that suddenly, everything that NEVER allowed two healers, suddenly will?

"Entitlement" at it's finest. And in the form on fan fiction, at that!

lol. Look I am not the ultimate Tinker fanboy here who will defend the possiblity till the ends of the earth, but you also gotta realize we live in a different time now. Community is a lot easier to reach out too and far more vocal. They brought Demon Hunters and Death Knights, they know damn well people want Tinkers. I think the April Fool's Day joke is a red herring. But I could also be tottaly be wrong so.
    Dark Ranger was an april fools 10 years ago and it never came, so don't believe everything from Blizzard.

https://i.imgur.com/E771Urp.jpg

I am still salty about it.
    Last edited by Deventh; 2022-04-04 at 06:32 PM.

If there's any place for a Tinker, it would be as a part of an ensemble, like Mechagnomes introduced alongside other Allied Races.

Otherwise, is anyone really holding out for Tinkers of Tinkaria?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    I may be missing something, but you could NEVER have two healers in a 5 man group. Why would you and your friend BOTH make healers and then expect that suddenly, everything that NEVER allowed two healers, suddenly will?

"Entitlement" at it's finest. And in the form on fan fiction, at that!
    Eh...yes.... that was my point if you properly read what I wrote....please read carefully dude..I was pointing out a logisitical problem that 2 healers wouldn't work in a first place....but somehow it went over your head.

Dark Ranger was an april fools 10 years ago and it never came, so don't believe everything from Blizzard.

https://i.imgur.com/E771Urp.jpg

I am still salty about it.
    that wasnt even made by blizzard it was a fan april fools

Eh...yes.... that was my point if you properly read what I wrote....please read carefully dude..I was pointing out a logisitical problem that 2 healers wouldn't work in a first place....but somehow it went over your head.
    It didn't go over my head. Your rant makes no sense. Two healers has never worked, and if this system continues that, TOO BAD. All you are doing is whining.

Don't blame the reader if your writings are nonsensical and written from a purely selfish standpoint that people can't relate to. That's on you... ... ... ...

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    that wasnt even made by blizzard it was a fan april fools
    I might be remembering wrong, but I could've sworn Blizzard made it as an April Fools.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    It didn't go over my head. Your rant makes no sense. Two healers has never worked, and if this system continues that, TOO BAD. All you are doing is whining.

Don't blame the reader if your writings are nonsensical and written from a purely selfish standpoint that people can't relate to. That's on you... ... ... ...
    Yes, it did go over your head. I am not trying to be entilited or whine here, you are misunderstanding of what I am trying to say here.

Yes, 2 healers never worked for a dungeon queue I am well aware of that.

I provided an example that if a group of 2 friends wanted to LEVEL UP 2 NEW HEALERS TOGETHER and DO A DUNGEON they could NEVER do it. In current WoW both healers can queue for a dungeon because both of them also have a DPS spec to switch too so they would be able to still play a class that they want and switch back to healing when they hit max level.

One stays Healer spec, other stays DPS, but you cannot do that with a Minstrel/Chronomancer, they would be both stuck in healing spec forever because it's the only one they have and would only quest together and not do dungeons because the system does not allow it so. This is not a rant, I was making an example. In current WoW, you can go Priest and Druid and both do Resto/Disc and do questing, and if you go to a dungeon one can switch to a Shadow Priest or stay Disc and the other to Enhance/Elemental or stay Restro if the Priest went Shadow and STILL be able to play and queue together in dungeons.

Do you understand now what I mean, or is this still too diffcult for you to comprehend?
    Last edited by Northelim; 2022-04-04 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deln View Post
    That's how it will work,

Mage,lock,priest -> chronomancer 4th spec
    If true mages and locks being able to queue as heals might be appealing to them but as a priest I would be all meh about another healing spec.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is Micro Classes not the exact same thing FFXIV got for all their classes/jobs, every single FFXIV job is just one spec they don't even get a talent tree. for example, Paladin's always are tanks no matter what. Seems Blizzard if true took inspiration from the FFXIV Job system...

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    If they did all the classes like that, yeah I wouldn't have a problem with it I guess, but as the current system stands a 'micro class' would just feel like a cheap knock off of a class. And yes I agree that specs are basically classes nowadays, but that also goes to my point since a class is a collection of 3 (or 2 if you're a DH) different specs that one can choose from at any given point, depending on the content you are looking to do.

It just feels like a watered down version of a class, lazy if you will.
    It doesn't matter what you think though. New class will sell better than a new spec.

If they did all the classes like that, yeah I wouldn't have a problem with it I guess, but as the current system stands a 'micro class' would just feel like a cheap knock off of a class. And yes I agree that specs are basically classes nowadays, but that also goes to my point since a class is a collection of 3 (or 2 if you're a DH) different specs that one can choose from at any given point, depending on the content you are looking to do.

It just feels like a watered down version of a class, lazy if you will.
    It's still quite modular.

They could frontload a bunch of single-spec Classes with the option to expand them over the course of expansions; kinda like spec revamps but adding them instead of changing existing ones.

The benefit of microclasses is being introduced as an ensemble, like how Allied Races all works together. Iif released individually, then what are the chances of Mechagnomes being the 'featured race' of an expansion?

I provided an example that if a group of 2 friends wanted to
    You don't get everything you want.

/end rant

Not over my head. I totally understand your issue. However, again I say, "too bad".

The key word I keep seeing you say, and let's focus on that word: "WANT".

I want this conversation to end, but I am betting you have more to add about what you want and why you should get it...

If it doesn't matter what I think feel free to stop quoting me? Keep your piss and vinegar to yourself.
    Because you are not being rational and looking at the bigger picture. Blizzard is a business and as a business they want to make/add things that make them the most profit.

Demon Hunters and Illidan returning from the grave are evidence of that and it worked quite well for them as Legion is one of the better expansions from the second (bad) half of expansions.

Looking at the last several expansions and their body of work (or lack thereof?) do you really have faith that such a thing could not only be pulled off, but executed well?
    Sure it sounds great in theory, but in practice? I'd much rather keep to what has worked for almost 2 decades rather than again them trying to reinvent the wheel..

- - - Updated - - -

The guy only concerned about insulting and having a 'gotcha' moment wants to talk about being rational? Shoo fly.
    When did I insult you, lol? And no, for the record, I have 0 faith in Blizzard executing anything anymore. So it really doesn't matter if it's a new spec or a class, they will find a way to **** it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do think they plan on adding these 4 specsa to each armor type. But I do agree that Dragon Knight is kind of annoying when all of our plate classes already have a tank. I'd rather have a dragoon type DPS class.

Even worse, tinker is a DPS spec? I think it should be tank. Not only would it be fun, it would give Hunters a non-dps spec. This would prevent them from being the only class without a non-dps spec.

i don't know, chronomancer should be a mage spec. mages alredy deal with time spells (in a small scale).
    don't see minstrel fitting in the game out of the blue too.
    it would make more sense to be 2 new small classes, tinker and dragon knight.