Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    You’d have to be remarkably bad at the game to need to RMT for renown it was annoying but easy to do in 9.1.5 and it’s even easier with 9.2
    new to WOW players, with a fresh 60 boost, never played WOW. no one is sending you a 40 renown BOA boost item.

sure renown is easier, in our POV

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    for a new player, many of the items would require a carry/boost, official thru blizzard token RMT or unofficial RMT

Mythic and Mythic+ dungeons , lack of experience/mythic+ score will keep new players out like gear score did in WOTLK
    Torghast Layers 9-16 to get to the gear level to do this is not good, this is another boost RMT goldmine
    Winning a Rated Battleground new player, even a player idle since start of SL, no chance, another boost RMT goldmine

would like to see a blizzard dev record and anonymously play a fresh boosted 60, no help, at all, on a for NEW PLAYERS suggested realm. then agree with the crap they are shoveling
    dude in what world are you seeing people gatekeep M+2's and 3's ???
    torghast layer 9 is rather decent at 220 ilvl, especially since you cant fail it now, and also there is group finder for it.
    rated bg's i mean yeah, but there is LOTS of other things listed above to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Why does the game has to be so damn complicated!? Back before Ion took over all you had to do was level up and then get gear. All these fucking systems and currencies and bars makes it really fucking hard to want to come back to the game.

I'm not against it, but this is really unneeded. Takes 4-5 hours to get from renown 0 to renown 80. I just did it 4 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Why does the game has to be so damn complicated!? Back before Ion took over all you had to do was level up and then get gear. All these fucking systems and currencies and bars makes it really fucking hard to want to come back to the game.
    Honestly, if this is too complicated, better not to return. There are easier games out there

10+ Year Old Account
    Just boost to 80 directly, who cares, it's 9.2.5 at this point, it's the very last patch of the xpac ...
    Last edited by Valysar; 2022-04-05 at 10:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meckeard View Post
    Agreed. I'm one of the former players that are being targeted for this and it will get me resub. The thought of grinding it out earlier kept me away, so I like this.
    Just a question, why resub now u still gotta wait probably another 14 months with any bad luck?
    I'm glad to see returning players, i just don't get it why now everything is over?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

god, jesus fukin christ, you ass lame suckers at Irvine, plz, for the love of god, do what thousands of ppls and hundreds of influencers or streamers ask for, since years: just make all that shit accountwide.

shitty Blizzard keeps being that feared, that maybe 5 ppls not investing all their time again and again in the 2nd and 3rd alt, to pay them 5 weeks longer. while at the same time hundreds and thousands of players stop playing that shitty fucked up game. because they are just ANNOYED of your cheap repetitive systems shit and simply DONT fukin do it again with their alt(s) and just quit.

these ppl piss on your shitty halfassed catchups. instead they go and play FFXIV, where they play a SINGLE char, that can be every class and do all the shit JUST FUKIN ONCE.

when will Blizzard learn, that their more and more shrinking customer base simply DONT wanna play their repetitive grindy cheap shit content for every fukin alt ???

and then you come up with your halfassed bandaid catchups and act like its godsend. even before MS has full control over that shit team, still keeping wow in 2005, 17 years later, you have ZERO of your customers left. all what’s left, are some kiddies and die hard fans, playing a single main char, and you could continue to pull them some more dollars out of their wallets, with even more cheap shit and even more cash grab systems shit. but in the end, noone, besides that 100 ppls, will care for your shit game any longer…

cheesus cryst!…
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-04-05 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Just a question, why resub now u still gotta wait probably another 14 months with any bad luck?
    I'm glad to see returning players, i just don't get it why now everything is over?
    The game has always been at it's best in the last patch, with all B.S. and time wastes removed or heavily reduced.

Arguably that's a very smart move by him, he can even see the 2 earlier raids with season 4.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    new to WOW players, with a fresh 60 boost, never played WOW. no one is sending you a 40 renown BOA boost item.

sure renown is easier, in our POV
    even starting at zero with no catch up gear youd need to be remarkably bad, I did it in 9.1.5 and its only easier now. like 20min learning the basics of the game is all you'd need no RMT involved.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

for a new player, many of the items would require a carry/boost, official thru blizzard token RMT or unofficial RMT

Mythic and Mythic+ dungeons , lack of experience/mythic+ score will keep new players out like gear score did in WOTLK
    Torghast Layers 9-16 to get to the gear level to do this is not good, this is another boost RMT goldmine
    Winning a Rated Battleground new player, even a player idle since start of SL, no chance, another boost RMT goldmine

would like to see a blizzard dev record and anonymously play a fresh boosted 60, no help, at all, on a for NEW PLAYERS suggested realm. then agree with the crap they are shoveling
    You're acting like those activities will be the only way to earn renown. They're just boosting those to guaranteed renown instead of the % chance they have now.

A brand new player, who has never touched WoW before in their life and has zero friends who play, could boost a character to 60, finish the Covenant, Korthia, and Zerith Mortis campaigns and be at or very damn close to 80 renown with decent enough gear to queue for LFR if they desired. All without using a single renown boost, or doing anything that requires a group. It's not hard and in no way requires any of the activities you are so worried would push people toward RMT. They will get there just by playing the game normally.

I stopped playing months before 9.1. When I came back I did exactly what I just laid out on 3 different characters because I didn't know there was a boost available to get until I was already past the point it would have helped. When I started playing again about a month ago, the highest renown character I had was at renown 24 with the covenant campaign finished. I got all 3 to renown 80 and 220+iLvl gear within that month, not even really trying. I never ran a single dungeon, raid, or battleground. Just quests.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad1um View Post
    • Making all the above as BOA as possible as to not forcing you to do all this over and over again in the off chance you'd like to play an alt???
    read my post above and you can join the other 5 million players saying this since 8+ years….

you are welcome

but hey, Blizz seems more fine loosing 3+ million players with that shit, if 500.000 play all that cheap shit again with their alt (till they also quit). maybe 500.000 ppl playing 5 weeks longer is moar moneyz than 3+ millions loyal customers paying a sub and not quit forever. no clue…
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-04-05 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Just boost to 80 directly, who cares, it's 9.2.5 at this point, it's the very last patch of the xpac ...
    direct boost to 80 will be when next season launches

exackly as planned.

same as they always planned boost to 60 in 9.2.5

anyone is still naive neough to belive their bs about listening to players? they follow exact schedule from launch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    You're acting like those activities will be the only way to earn renown. They're just boosting those to guaranteed renown instead of the % chance they have now.

A brand new player, who has never touched WoW before in their life and has zero friends who play, could boost a character to 60, finish the Covenant, Korthia, and Zerith Mortis campaigns and be at or very damn close to 80 renown with decent enough gear to queue for LFR if they desired. All without using a single renown boost, or doing anything that requires a group. It's not hard and in no way requires any of the activities you are so worried would push people toward RMT. They will get there just by playing the game normally.

I stopped playing months before 9.1. When I came back I did exactly what I just laid out on 3 different characters because I didn't know there was a boost available to get until I was already past the point it would have helped. When I started playing again about a month ago, the highest renown character I had was at renown 24 with the covenant campaign finished. I got all 3 to renown 80 and 220+iLvl gear within that month, not even really trying. I never ran a single dungeon, raid, or battleground. Just quests.
    you dont need even 1 renown to do basic stuff on max level

proof ? when i dinged my guardian druid i completly forgot to even open conduits to benefit from renown . because it was just before reset so i as hurry to do any m+ for reward. tanked +4 (because it ws first group that invited me didnt care about anything just to get any dungeon done) that night without a slightest issue with just 226 greens , not unlocked conduits , no leggo , no nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    To little to late to be honest. They carried a terrible system for an entire expansion making a token effort isnt enough.
    the simple truth is: while they designed SL WoW to be a transport system for token selling (smart cash grab system) most of their customers just quit that shit and leave forever.

maybe soon they need to sell 25 tokens per player, to compensate their loss of subs. or in short: their stupid stance costs them every fukin customer in the end (besides a handful of players) and noone gives any fuck any longer about that fucked up game.

tl;dr: they are stupid and greedy enough, to kill their own customer base.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I quit 2 weeks after launch, right after I dinged 60. I have 0 renown on my main and crap gear and 11 alts who don't even have the ilvl to queue for a SL dungeon lol

I have no desire to either do the leveling campaign again, or to go through the post launch story.

Might just need to wait awhile longer.
    at this point in time, after watching Blizzards behaviour the last 2-3 years (and i play since 2005) i can assure you: you are not alone. many do or will follow you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    The game has always been at it's best in the last patch, with all B.S. and time wastes removed or heavily reduced.

Arguably that's a very smart move by him, he can even see the 2 earlier raids with season 4.
    But you miss out on most of the expansion this way? all sorta events, changes, stuff that get added and of course the content drought begins (all tho SL had plenty of that) I get your point. But it feels like you come late to the party and then a new expansion comes and you basically go again?

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    i assume noone knows how to earn money by that. why the hell renown is even existing? dinged 60 chars = 80 renown. and NOONE cares. how can you even make money by keeping that renown shit? nobody wants it. nobody cares. and its easy as fuck anyway. why even deal with it ???

- - - Updated - - -

But you miss out on most of the expansion this way? all sorta events, changes, stuff that get added and of course the content drought begins (all tho SL had plenty of that) I get your point. But it feels like you come late to the party and then a new expansion comes and you basically go again?
    i get your point. but tbh: what exactly he missed out? what events? what changes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    direct boost to 80 will be when next season launches

exackly as planned.

same as they always planned boost to 60 in 9.2.5

anyone is still naive neough to belive their bs about listening to players? they follow exact schedule from launch

- - - Updated - - -

you dont need even 1 renown to do basic stuff on max level

proof ? when i dinged my guardian druid i completly forgot to even open conduits to benefit from renown . because it was just before reset so i as hurry to do any m+ for reward. tanked +4 (because it ws first group that invited me didnt care about anything just to get any dungeon done) that night without a slightest issue with just 226 greens , not unlocked conduits , no leggo , no nothing.
    oh, i believe you 100% they have a roadmap. but can you or Blizz tell me, what’s the goal is, or how they make money with that shit? while every 2nd customer is stop playing CAUSE of all that (repetitive) shit?

So you miss out on the awful things and with S4 reviving all raids you get to see all the content while relevant?

Well I guess S1-S3 mythic+ affixes won't be there, boohoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i assume noone knows how to earn money by that. why the hell renown is even existing? dinged 60 chars = 80 renown. and NOONE cares. how can you even make money by keeping that renown shit? nobody wants it. nobody cares. and its easy as fuck anyway. why even deal with it ???

- - - Updated - - -

i get your point. but tbh: what exactly he missed out? what events? what changes?
    Just the whole begin to end i mean, like i started to play BFA end of it, because of burn out but i dont feel like i can say "I experienced BFA" i didn't follow up Nazjatar info, Mechagon. I did a bit of it, but most of it i was lacking any knowledge on how it worked due the fact i just rolled into it later.

Like if you just roll in, you only do Zereth Mortis and ignore Korthia, Maw and most of the convenant stuff. Atleast i would say so.
    It's not like a big miss out on, but you still didn't really experience it when it just got out. U just see an empty wasteland with just a few people doing it.

ask them all. look into forums. go discord. listen to Preach, why he stopped playing. listen to Asmongold. read forum threads. ask your friends. ask ex guildies. THEY ALL say the SAME FUKIN THING…

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    So you miss out on the awful things and with S4 reviving all raids you get to see all the content while relevant?

Well I guess S1-S3 mythic+ affixes won't be there, boohoo.
    S4 reviving raids? I hear that before but what does that mean? I didn't see that info fly by myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ask them all. look into forums. go discord. listen to Preach, why he stopped playing. listen to Asmongold. read forum threads. THEY ALL say the fukin same thing…
    What is the main reason people quitting? I just wish people would come back and hang again. Even Goldshire the hang spot is less alive then it was before. But then again i guess FF14 is more RP based.