Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    Man, if your posts have done anything -- its made more people wanting to buy pre-orders because it sounds like you personally get mad over it which is sad.

"Not the heckin integrino of the game industry!"
    Being personally upset over people pre-ordering and spite-buying a product from an AAA company to stick it to "the man," (random video game forum thread OP) are just about equally as sad, give or take.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Gonna buy that Digital Deluxe preorder IMMEDIATELY.
    Same! Can't wait to show my support and ride on that sweet sweet dragon mount.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Are you done? Are there any other paradigmatic nonsense you'd like to spout? Any more cliches ready to clutch to?

I don't know the game will be better; that's why I'm not going to preorder. That is literally the point.

What I know is that feedback has been largely ignored in previous betas, only to come full circle and get implemented after more widespread backlash and sub drops.

What I know is that Blizzard feels compelled to offer better incentive to preorder expansions than they do with any other service or product they sell. This tells me that preorders are important to them in a significant way.

I couldn't give a shit what a specific streamer says. Streamers don't agree with each other; why do you talk about them like a nebulous mass? Do you think there is some dark coven of streamers somewhere that collaborate on how to influence players to be anti-blizzard or something?

Get over yourself. Just because you're happy with the game doesn't mean that everyone is. I specifically said in the original post that there will be people who will preorder no matter what and nothing anyone does will change that; they (you) aren't the target of the post.
    Funny though... you mirror those streamers perfectly!

I have nothing to get over, its you, who doesn't have an original thought, let alone an idea. Dark Coven... (really?) ofc not. They do whatever gets them views, and if you had two brain cells to stitch together, you'd realize EVERYTHING they do is based of what will get them the most metrics possible.

FYI all those systems were already there and were already implemented (not that I'd expect you to know how game development is conducted), the whole time it was just a matter of flipping a switch, you think the bulk of blizzard are sitting around thinking how to improve the game, fuck no! They are working on the next project years in advance.

I repeat, don't fucking tell me what to do with my money. Don't regurgitate points you heard from you favorite streamer or formulated yourself, especially when you are trying to tell me that delaying giving blizzard my 60$ will have ANY effect to their business decisions.

Imagine having the gall to tell me to get over myself while having the nerve to say who is and who isn't your target for the post. You posted this on a public OPEN forum and I'm free to post and express how ill-informed and delusional you are, if you want an echo chamber make a discord group with your butt buddies and chortle (picked this word in honor of Better Call Sauls' season 6 debut).

PS whats your intent? to try "rally" those of you who are like minded? Go e-activists buhahahaha
    Last edited by Guanciale; 2022-04-19 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Being personally upset over people pre-ordering and spite-buying a product from an AAA company to stick it to "the man," (random video game forum thread OP) are just about equally as sad, give or take.
    Lol, I think someone unironically saying "We should personally interrogate people for pre-ordering a product" is probably a step above troll spite-buying because its terminally online behavior. That being said, I wont be pre-ordering because I was burned out on pre-ordering the last FF14 expansion -- so I will wait and see.

I'll buy it - because why not ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    Yes I am. If you're engaging in toxic behavior then you should be confronted on it - preodering is objectively toxic for the industry. You are willing to reward devs for nothing, so I will tell you that's a bad thing to do, deal with it.
    Am i toxic if i genuinly enjoyed my time in wow for the time i played? And there has not been any expansion ever i did not NOT enjoy for the frist 3 months. Way worth the money for me and i like the preorder boni.

I don't see even one reason for me not to preorder as they always delivered for me

Lol, I think someone unironically saying "We should personally interrogate people for pre-ordering a product" is probably a step above troll spite-buying because its terminally online behavior.
    No, it's both terminally online as hell lmao.

Imagine unironically paying 60 or so bucks if not more so "own the random chud on a forum." Luckily, I have good faith that most people are just LARPing and they won't buy it or they were gonna buy it anyway and now are just pretending to do it to make people mad, but it doesn't make them look any less petulant even if it's just pretend-spitebuying lmao.

I stand by that statement.

Cope.
    You definitely are.

No, it's both terminally online as hell lmao.

Imagine unironically paying 60 or so bucks if not more so "own the random chud on a forum." Luckily, I have good faith that most people are just LARPing and they won't buy it or they were gonna buy it anyway and now are just pretending to do it to make people mad, but it doesn't make them look any less petulant even if it's just pretend-spitebuying lmao.
    Most of the people who say "I am going to buy it to get you mad" usually arent buying it regardless -- and even if they were, they would probably be buying it anyways.

While I understand that a lot of people remain skeptical towards the new expansion based on the history of both BfA and Shadowlands which I respect I will pre-order the next expansion right away and my reasons are that I will be playing it no matter what because it is my main game and I rather get that cost put away together with my 6 month cost.

But as said if you are a person who want to wait, please do so and you have all rights to do so.

You have no way of knowing how good the next expansion will be
    *shrug* Neither do you.

So as it stands, all I really have is the means and desire to pay for the game at my leisure, and all you really have are insults, and no actual means (or desire, presumably) of convincing me there's really a problem with me preordering. You seem in more need of help than I am.

The fact people are so bothered by what I said proves to me what I already know, preordering is a stupid thing to do, there's no benefit to it; and it's only done by people who are blindly subservient to thise corporations for whatever reason - when challenged they get defensive rather than actually point out why I'm wrong, which I invite anyone to do if they think they can.

I am unironically so happy I don't think like you people
    Bro, all I have said is that you sound terminally online and a retort to you unironically saying "cope".

Calm down.

You definitely are.

Most of the people who say "I am going to buy it to get you mad" usually arent buying it regardless -- and even if they were, they would probably be buying it anyways.
    Yes, I know. But imagine what kind of mind it takes for you to think it makes you look good to LARP as a spite-buyer? Not exactly the type of thing that makes you look favorable. Kind of like peeing your pants to own the haters except "No, I was just pretending to pee my pants."

Let's be real no matter what you are going to buy the Expansion 100%. I know it, YOU know it, Everybody Knows it. Pre-ordering immediately
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Yes, I know. But imagine what kind of mind it takes for you to think it makes you look good to LARP as a spite-buyer? Not exactly the type of thing that makes you look favorable. Kind of like peeing your pants to own the haters except "No, I was just pretending to pee my pants."
    "I was doing it to own the haters."

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    Let's be real no matter what you are going to buy the Expansion 100%. I know it, YOU know it, Everybody Knows it. Pre-ordering immediately
    I am most certainly not "going to buy the Expansion 100%". At this point, I rate the probability I will buy the expansion at maybe 20%.

EDIT: and now, 0%
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2022-11-16 at 07:45 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

You're messing with me? I must apologise then, since I certainly don't feel like I'm being messed with
    The truth is you really can't interrogate people for buying a product. They will do so anyway, and they will answer to no one. But at the end of the day, when Blizzard shows no signs of improving, it's their money that sent that message so it's the egg on their face to live with and more popcorn on my lap to eat when the hype of "le ebin new expac poggerinos" wears off within a month and we're back to the same old bitching that WoW is now shit.

I sure won't sleep a day less for it, but I imagine the people who still feel earnestly entangled with WoW might feel a little upset that the rabid consumers will always handicap any attempt at sending Blizzard the slightest of messages.

- - - Updated - - -

"I was doing it to own the haters."
    I know, I know. Just, again, doesn't seem like representing yourself in a favorable light, you know? Feels a bit strange to willingly do such a thing and with proud gusto as well.

People are strange.

Why do you expect me to respond to a meaningless statement with a meaningful answer? You don't deserve that
    Bro, how are you going to interrogate the pre-orderers with such low energy?

I know, I know. Just, again, doesn't seem like representing yourself in a favorable light, you know? Feels a bit strange to willingly do such a thing and with proud gusto as well.

People are strange.
    Thats why you never do the action, only make the statement.

The best argument for not preordering is that if you do, you may regret it. At least wait until you see beta or the feedback about beta. The same goes for six month subs.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lol.
    Good luck, the dozens of you planning to "stick it to Blizz" by not buying a pre-order.
    I'm sure it will move the needle so drastically they will be shaking in their boots.

If you want to buy it early, whether to get the mount/pet/gametime/whatevs or just because you feel like it/will anyway, do it.
    If you don't want to buy it early, whether it's in protest or you'd just rather not spend the money on a game that won't be available for several months, then don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    When people who pre-order engage in behavior that actively harms the industry and leads to shittier and shittier games over time - you're allowed to interrogate them for that.
    Pardon me, but no? In the end, just like the ones opposing, it is their choice, not yours. You might disagree and ask them, and they might disagree with you, and deny you the actual answers you want. There are plenty of reasons to pre-order or not to pre-order.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..