Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by m4Zzo928 View Post
    It looks like her hair is attempting to take over her face, and she's got a beard lol.
    Oh, thank you. I just lol'd so hard at your comment on that picture. You're so right... maybe the "humanoid" forms of the Drakthyr are meant to be like Michael J. Fox in "Teen Wolf!"

Quote Originally Posted by zknm7 View Post
    Oh, thank you. I just lol'd so hard at your comment on that picture. You're so right... maybe the "humanoid" forms of the Drakthyr are meant to be like Michael J. Fox in "Teen Wolf!"
    Fluid Race. Kind of shows Blizzard ideology quite nicely these days with all the representation hiring etc.

I think my main problem is that they look too cuddly and not fierce enough. Fucking Neltharion, Deathwing made these beings to be "perfect soldiers?" Psh. I mean, I get them not wanting to make a melee-ish bulky build because they want them to be more of a spellcaster than a tank/warrior, but come on, give them sharp teeth, a meaner look please.
    Last edited by Nraktja; 2022-04-20 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ngrubo View Post
    I knew that subjectivism would be used as an argument. Not the case.
    Yes. Yes, it is absolutely the case.

I'll ask for the third time: describe to me what is "inconsistent" with this playable race.

To simplify it to the core, I believe the main issue with this model is something wrong with its proportions or silhouette.
    What is this "something wrong"? You can't say something is "objective" (since you claim it isn't a subjective take) if you can't even describe what the issues and/or inconsistencies are?

I understand the attempt, but I don't see blizzard redesigning anything. We're going to have to accept that instead of "big and beefy" dragons we're going to get what are essentially D&D kobolds with wings. There was an outcry for them to fix Kultiran models and it went unanswered. Blizzard just doesn't give the WoW team the budget to go back and change things like this. Besides, the art team seemed pretty proud of their pencil-thin dragonkin.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

You dont like the cute Dragon Human Dranie ? (did you not notice they are reskinned Dranie/Belfs but really Dranie Female heads on Female human bodies ?)

Well I do, Horde needs more cute races!
    Last edited by Addiena; 2022-04-20 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    They could do so many different things.. I personally want the actual dragon form looking rustic, gritty etc...
    They are obviously shooting for high fantasy. Rustic and gritty is the exact opposite of where they are going with dracthyr.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    I understand the attempt, but I don't see blizzard redesigning anything. We're going to have to accept that instead of "big and beefy" dragons we're going to get what are essentially D&D kobolds with wings. There was an outcry for them to fix Kultiran models and it went unanswered. Blizzard just doesn't give the WoW team the budget to go back and change things like this. Besides, the art team seemed pretty proud of their pencil-thin dragonkin.
    Yeah, not gonna link, but the artist behind the dragons was overjoyed on twitter, and laughed at someone who replied they thought the race looked unfinished.

I'm not hopeful - it seems this new race/class is their (the dev teams) "baby" and I'll be surprised if any major changes based on player feedback are implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    You are right, it does look very inconsistent with the overall Warcraft design/look.
    This, they seem off.
    Beyond the question of ugly or beautiful i might add.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Yeah, not gonna link, but the artist behind the dragons was overjoyed on twitter, and laughed at someone who replied they thought the race looked unfinished.

I'm not hopeful - it seems this new race/class is their (the dev teams) "baby" and I'll be surprised if any major changes based on player feedback are implemented.
    I assume part of the reason why they went with kobold build instead of dragon build (aka more muscles) is because they wanted to emphasize they're a raged/healing class and not a melee class. As if you can't have both muscles and magical prowess. It's kinda sad but meh. They could have rally done everyone dirty and made them actual kobold size. They're not awful imo but a bit more mass to them would have been my preferred style.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post

Oh well. Bipedal Spyro it is then. *Sigh*

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nraktja View Post
    Oh well. Bipedal Spyro it is then. *Sigh*
    Lmao.Ion watched Original Sin and was like "Hell yeah, we can make a some SIN against good taste, too"
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Its the first class/race that i have absolutely no interest in making.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am kind've interested in this idea of more engaging combat gameplay, holding the key until the sweet spot sort of thing. If that bleeds over into all the classes, I can think of a few abilities on my mains that could be shaken up in a fun way with that sort of timing thing.

I think the reason they look slender or less physically intimidating aka the way they look is simply because...

They are not a melee race...
    They are a race of casters ONLY.

Mages, warlocks, priests, etc aren't meant to be "physically imposing", their magic is what makes them "Imposing".

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post
    I think the reason they look slender or less physically intimidating aka the way they look is simply because...

Mages, warlocks, priests, etc aren't meant to be "physically imposing", their magic is what makes them "Imposing".
    We literally have Orc Mages and Tauren Priests.

Not an excuse.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Warhammer Skinks waay better than this ones what the hell. The humanoid forms look silly, i like elfs but everyone will be elf dragon again it just boring. They wanna do high fantasy and somehow lost it a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post

They are also the ideal warrior according to Lore. Even an ideal caster will have muscles, but I agree they should still be lean (running, dodging, etc.) My personal issue is that they do look like furry fan art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Make 'em look like this:

XD

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    We literally have Orc Mages and Tauren Priests.

Not an excuse.
    Yes but 1 big difference, both those races CAN be other classes like melee, this Dragon race is SOLELY caster.

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    They are also the ideal warrior according to Lore.
    Where is this written, I think I heard someone mention it somewhere in a video, but I also believe this term they used "warrior" is something used loosely more like "ideal combatant" rather than warrior as in the warrior class itself.
    Last edited by Kharnath; 2022-04-20 at 03:40 AM.