Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Meh. Attacking the devs for who they are is cringe.

Their opinions and ability to make games are shit enough to attack all on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Transphobia in a gaming community? Naaaaahhhh that would never happen, where would you get that idea besides spending even two seconds looking at gaming communities. You are right, for the most part, and unfortunately MMO-C is more infested than most places.

That said; throw any and all of your hate (that does not include harassment, threats, or violence) to Danuser. Dude is legitimately a bad writer and it's creepy to make a self insert just to date a character.
    It's not a phobia to not willingly promote and be ok with mental illness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    A reminder that gender identity and related topics are not permitted, so let's pivot away from that type of discussion and focus instead on unrelated aspects of the thread OP.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

You can't take away people's right to be assholes. It's fair turnaround when they spend years trashing their users as being various kinds of scum. They don't deserve the simpering praise they are getting. They might get an "attaboy" if the Expansion is decent, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    You can't take away people's right to be assholes. It's fair turnaround when they spend years trashing their users as being various kinds of scum. They don't deserve the simpering praise they are getting. They might get an "attaboy" if the Expansion is decent, though.
    It's one thing to criticize and call out their past and present failures but that's not the limit as to the hate the devs are getting. Not to mention you're basically saying that it's fine to "wrestle the pig" in regard to your first line.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    And some devs are awesome, talented and passionate, and therefore have left the company a couple of expansions ago.
    you mean the ones included in the scandal?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    take action against what? against people saying that some devs are bad which they are?
    you need constructive criticism if you want to ever improve in life.

Quote Originally Posted by hllfrmththrsd View Post
    im gonna say it because you're all chickens, the hate was mainly towards the trans dev and just because it's trendy or edgy to hate trans people who don't look like kardashians
    Let's not twist the facts. The trend is to virtue signal and appease political correctness. Being transphobic is toxic but not everyone who is tired of the political masks is one.

What many people ask for is an environment where gaming comes first and agendas are irrelevant. Apparently that's an impossibility in 2022.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Well, i do not hate the devs. I simply think some of them are incompetent. And many of them do not know even remotely what their customers like.
    You're deluded to blame the devs.

Blame the management.

People blaming the devs are outing themselves as never having had a real job, frankly.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Let's not twist the facts. The trend is to virtue signal and appease political correctness. Being transphobic is toxic but not everyone who is tired of the political masks is one.

What many people ask for is an environment where gaming comes first and agendas are irrelevant. Apparently that's an impossibility in 2022.
    That's because it all needs to be propaganda, or else it's "catering to Nazis" in the views of moronic SJWs.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    It's one thing to criticize and call out their past and present failures but that's not the limit as to the hate the devs are getting. Not to mention you're basically saying that it's fine to "wrestle the pig" in regard to your first line.
    "Wrestling the pig" (whatever the hell that means) is the entire point of internet discussion. Shit-flinging is the entire point of the internet, it's a warzone and should be treated like one.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Hopefully streamers were quick to ban these people and report them to Twitch and YouTube. There should be a zero tolerance policy for bigotry, transphobia and hate.
    I looked at youtube live chat for half a minute during the announcement and about 99% of people in chat should have been permabanned. I don't think you could physically click fast enough to report them.

Cant believe why people are so obsessed about the devs in a game. I only know a handful of names that still are at Blizzard and a couple of the old crew at Blizzard(like Metzen).

Besides that, I dont really care a whole lot. That goes for literally any game I play. Been massing up 60+ hours on Elden Ring so far, have no idea the names of the people that were involved in making it. All I know is that they are great at it.

Seems like people just like to shit on ppl when something is considered bad. Its not like the same people are pouring down with praise on the forums when something is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpioz10 View Post
    I was skipping the some of my favourite streamers during the night and I just couldn't believe some of the comments towards the devs, they are trying there best to get the game right, then theres the personal attacks towards some of the devs it's not on they don't deserve these kind of comments, they need to grow up, one day the Internet will change for the better and find these keyboard warriors and take action and to be honest I hope i'm around to see it happen
    Sadly become very common, and primarily, the hate is directed at the wrong developer.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Ion looks like he has some kind of diabetic disease on the latest video. Tell him to cut elevating his blood sugar if you know him. I can't reach him otherwise.
    He aged 20 years since the Blizzcon Legion announcement. This company is actually murdering him. He should quit before it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I looked at youtube live chat for half a minute during the announcement and about 99% of people in chat should have been permabanned. I don't think you could physically click fast enough to report them.
    I agree with you 100%. The chat was absolutely disgusting as the video kept going and I had to close the chat 'cause it was just... no words.

The WoW community is one of the most toxic in the MMORPG space, it's not really surprising to see

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    A reminder that gender identity and related topics are not permitted, so let's pivot away from that type of discussion and focus instead on unrelated aspects of the thread OP.
    The thread is at least in part about people being transphobic towards a developer. Instead of trying to ignore it and pretend it's not there by avoiding the discussion (that's called erasure by the way), call people out and ban them. You do it for homophobia, racism, sexism and other colours of bigotry but let transphobia off as an acceptable form of it. That's not okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The thread is at least in part about people being transphobic towards a developer. Instead of trying to ignore it and pretend it's not there, call people out and ban them. You do it for homophobia, racism, sexism and other colours of bigotry but let transphobia off as an acceptable form of it. That's not okay.
    Transphobic bigotry isn't allowed here, either; it can and has been infracted/banned in the past. That being said, the discussion of such topics itself proves invariably detrimental to any thread it comes up in, and that's why it's not a permitted topic - just down to the way it consumes any discourse and sucks all the air out of the proverbial room. So discuss other aspects in which "hate for the devs" occurs or the limits on player opinions, and leave the subject of gender identity out of the equation going forward.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by s0ul View Post
    Only they are not trying their best lol. Most of these Devs HATE feedback and see it as criticism rather than players wanting to the game to get better. The "I know betterb because I am a game Dev" mentality is why they get treated the way they do. Players are tired of the same old bs every expansion after doing their job for them during Alpha/Beta phases.
    To be honest, most of the feedback coming from the public forums is non-constructive and delivered in a pretty hostile and toxic manner. Most of the time its just plain harassment, not criticism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I feel like people are making a mountain out of a molehill with these kinds of topics. Yeah, of course there will be some idiots who attack the devs or make fun of their appearance (how about we point a camera at their face instead?), etc. but they're a remarkably loud minority. These kinds of comments don't represent the majority of the playerbase at all. Not even half. Not even 10%.

Most of us are mature enough to voice our concerns with the expansion without attacking any of the devs. So my advice is to just ignore comments like these, ignore/block the person who said them, and move on. They're not worth even talking about.
    Thats not how the WoW community appears though, due to a majority of vocal engagement with the product being angry nerd boys engaging in toxic negativity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Transphobic bigotry isn't allowed here, either; it can and has been infracted/banned in the past. That being said, the discussion of such topics itself proves invariably detrimental to any thread it comes up in, and that's why it's not a permitted topic - just down to the way it consumes any discourse and sucks all the air out of the proverbial room. So discuss other aspects in which "hate for the devs" occurs or the limits on player opinions, and leave the subject of gender identity out of the equation going forward.
    So you're basically saying you ban the topic so you don't need to trigger and ban the transphobes because they are a valued part of your community? Because thats the only reason I could see in you banning the entire topic when the thread is specifically about hatred and harassment against devs which includes reasons like their gender identity. And the topic could be very easily be discussed here and kept civil by you just issueing in warnings and bans towards people who make transphobic posts. That being such a problem makes you come off like the issue is that you don't want to protect bigots, by banning topics that would trigger them into revealing their bigotry. Which makes you come off like you're on their side tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    So you're basically saying you ban the topic so you don't need to trigger and ban the transphobes because they are a valued part of your community? Because thats the only reason I could see in you banning the entire topic when the thread is specifically about hatred and harassment against devs which includes reasons like their gender identity. And the topic could be very easily be discussed here and kept civil by you just issueing in warnings and bans towards people who make transphobic posts. That being such a problem makes you come off like the issue is that you don't want to protect bigots, by banning topics that would trigger them into revealing their bigotry. Which makes you come off like you're on their side tbh.
    I would say that's a deeply biased take on what I said, to the point of being a strawman version. And on that score, the warning stands, so let's drop the topic.