Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Azeroth reawakened?

That's what they said in the presentation. What does that mean? When a world soul wakes up, they become a Titan. The planet becomes their body. And why reawakened? So Azeroth was awake before? What does it mean for a world soul to be awake?

Azetoth is definately awakening. Undoubtedly the Void has corrupted Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Azetoth is definately awakening. Undoubtedly the Void has corrupted Azeroth.
    What does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by sambubu View Post
    That's what they said in the presentation. What does that mean? When a world soul wakes up, they become a Titan. The planet becomes their body. And why reawakened? So Azeroth was awake before? What does it mean for a world soul to be awake?
    Who knows what they mean with that. We will (hopefully) find out in the coming months.

I think that they don't really mean the titan soul, but planet itself having new things coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Alexstrasza said about Azeroth was: "The world is healing, but her fate is yet uncertain."

What she said to the Watchers in the beginning was: "Let the land slumber, hidden even from our own eyes. You will feel our return in the waking of the land". Land here refers to the Dragon Isles, not the whole world.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Azetoth?

Anyway, no idea. They retcon and pull things out of a hat at a whim to serve the game. The story suffers from lack of coherent story-telling. It's all over the place and appears to shift every couple years. At this point it's like Season 10 of the Simpsons and is becoming a parody of itself.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Who knows what they mean with that. We will (hopefully) find out in the coming months.

I think that they don't really mean the titan soul, but planet itself having new things coming.
    I hope we don’t find out until we actually do the quests. They should encrypt the shit outta those spoilers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Azetoth?

Anyway, no idea. They retcon and pull things out of a hat at a whim to serve the game. The story suffers from lack of coherent story-telling. It's all over the place and appears to shift every couple years. At this point it's like Season 10 of the Simpsons and is becoming a parody of itself.
    No.....not really.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No.....not really.
    Watch N'zoth's defeat and tell me the devs weren't watching Return of the King sand thought "cool! Let's make him die like Sauron!"

What does it mean?
    The old gods are all modeled off of H.P. Lovecraft universe old Gods, Azatoth is one of them. Azeroth is named that way for a reason which leads me to believe that at the end of WoW we lose. They filled her heart already, we already lost it is just a matter of time.

So essentially my guess is she will awaken as a Void Titan in the "final" expansion and we will have to kill her and reboot the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    What Alexstrasza said about Azeroth was: "The world is healing, but her fate is yet uncertain."

What she said to the Watchers in the beginning was: "Let the land slumber, hidden even from our own eyes. You will feel our return in the waking of the land". Land here refers to the Dragon Isles, not the whole world.
    No, I mean they said in the video that Azeroth has reawakened.

https://youtu.be/c3nPloFgHkM?t=1375

10+ Year Old Account

Oh, I understand. I believe he made a mistake, since he's talking solely about the Dragon Isles. Or he meant healing. Earlier in the vid, he's talking about the awakening of the Dragon Isles. I mean Azeroth awakening has, as you said, some serious implications that wouldn't be mentioned so lightly in a developers interview. They wouldn't drop that bomb without making it sure we saw the explosion, if you see what I mean.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

When the shattering occurred, Azeroth's elemental forces were scattered/diminished, which lead to a lot of places dying out and elemental energy being depleted. That's why the Dragon Isles went dark/hidden in the first place. So by "reawakened", they mean the elemental energy is coming back, which is why the watchers woke back up, and why they brought the dragons back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Oh, I understand. I believe he made a mistake, since he's talking solely about the Dragon Isles. Or he meant healing. Earlier in the vid, he's talking about the awakening of the Dragon Isles. I mean Azeroth awakening has, as you said, some serious implications that wouldn't be mentioned so lightly in a developers interview. They wouldn't drop that bomb without making it sure we saw the explosion, if you see what I mean.
    No, I don't think he made a mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    When the shattering occurred, Azeroth's elemental forces were scattered/diminished, which lead to a lot of places dying out and elemental energy being depleted. That's why the Dragon Isles went dark/hidden in the first place. So by "reawakened", they mean the elemental energy is coming back, which is why the watchers woke back up, and why they brought the dragons back.
    No, the elemental energy coming back is a consequence of Azeroth reawakening. So what does it mean for Azeroth to reawaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the elemental energy coming back is a consequence of Azeroth reawakening. So what does it mean for Azeroth to reawaken.
    No idea. When the worldsouls of the other Titans awakened, it meant that they eventually transformed from planets into the colossal planet-sized humanoids that formed the Pantheon. And we don't know what became of the life that presumably existed on their surfaces, whether it was destroyed or consumed in the transformation, or whether they continued to live on the surface of their Titan (though, when the Pantheon were all nearly obliterated by Sargeras, any life that had survived was almost certainly destroyed then.)

The transition from planet to Titan has been called non-destruction, so it's not that the planet breaks open like an egg or anything, the planet literally transforms into the Titan. I think it's unlikely this will happen to Azeroth anyway though - what's more likely is that some kind of avatar of Azeroth takes form, so that the worldsoul can operate through the avatar without radically changing things for the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    the planet literally transforms into the Titan
    Which means everyone on it would just be shaken off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which means everyone on it would just be shaken off.
    That didn't happen to Galvatron.

That didn't happen to Galvatron.
    What is a Galvatron.

In Folk & Fairytale it is revealed that Azeroth chose to go to sleep long ago since she was due to give birth. This means she is a lot older than we realize and she isn't being born but waking up from a long nap.

As N'zoth whispers in BfA "She is not the last but the first". She may be the first time who went to sleep and now is waking up.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The transition from planet to Titan has been called non-destruction, so it's not that the planet breaks open like an egg or anything, the planet literally transforms into the Titan. I think it's unlikely this will happen to Azeroth anyway though - what's more likely is that some kind of avatar of Azeroth takes form, so that the worldsoul can operate through the avatar without radically changing things for the planet.
    I blame people not understanding the Legion did that to Argus, not Argus doing that to Argus.

But yeah I definitely think they chose that wording specifically. Guessing that we're getting close to a World Soul Awakening expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)