Poll: what allied race combo preorder would be better

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Preorder for Dragonmaw and Wildhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Again Ogres don't make sense as an Allied Race? Core race sign me the fuck up. Botani and Mogu aren't rigged for armour use, as cool as they are. I agree with the rest of what your saying; I would rather we get "Class Skins" than Darkfallen to actually placate the Dark Ranger crowd.
    its not about ogres making sense or not, they NEED to be in the game. they would work as allied race or core race. they are an incredible important part of the horde, it would be like have alliance without dwarfs. and now we have pandarens or kultiren models, skeletons and rigs. it would be just a metter of blizzard wanting to do. and i know that they would make ALOT of money just in race change if they were added to the game.

I sincerely hope they don't do this.

I love allied races. Leveling them is all I'm doing right now since I returned to WoW on a new account, have gotten the heritage armor on three and have LF Draenei up to Level 40, Mag'har Orc up to 26, and others between 15-20.

I will not under any circumstances pre-order the new expansion, after the...disappointment...of Systemslands.

If that means I will miss out on a major part of what drives me to play the game right now - and I am a major "start twitching if I don't have all of a set I've chosen to collect" type completionist - then that's going to be an issue.

Now, if I can get access to the allied race IF I purchase the new expansion AFTER it has launched in a non "steaming pile of dung" type condition, all good.

But ONLY with a preorder? Eff that.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcos Voadores View Post
    its not about ogres making sense or not, they NEED to be in the game. they would work as allied race or core race. they are an incredible important part of the horde, it would be like have alliance without dwarfs. and now we have pandarens or kultiren models, skeletons and rigs. it would be just a metter of blizzard wanting to do. and i know that they would make ALOT of money just in race change if they were added to the game.
    Yeah I'm not arguing against that. I'm still heartbroken they threw away the idea of a Draenic continent of Imperialized Ogres. Ogres should have been in the game for several expansions. But they deserve full race treatment; especially their own capital
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    There are actually 4 issues with ogres:

1.) Ogres are Dumb as hell. Only an Ogre with 2 Heads is somehow capable. This is an big issue since an 1 Headed Ogre does not have the intelligence to do anything than simple Work. But this is not really an necessarity by giving every ogre an visible Trinket out of an Apexis-Crystal

2.) There is no female Model: before it can be an used race, we would need female Ogres, they simply does not exist (yet). Then blizzard would probably need to update every zones with ogres to add them.

3.) Ogres are too tall. This actually IS a big issue that we already have with tall races as Taurens and Draenei where they actually can get stuck, especially when they using a mount. This would be an even bigger issue with Ogres; yes there are smaller ones, but even they are tall, but most of them are very tall, and some even gigantic.

4.) Ogres have a quite disporpotional and huge Body Size. This is not a case like Pandaren or Kul'tirans, they have a huge Body, very short legs, a Horn on their head and all in all Ogres rarely wear any armor at all. To refit the armor to ogres is a collosal amount of work, this can't even be compared to any other race they've added so far.
    Serously none of these are issues lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JABoyle3875 View Post
    I sincerely hope they don't do this.

I love allied races. Leveling them is all I'm doing right now since I returned to WoW on a new account, have gotten the heritage armor on three and have LF Draenei up to Level 40, Mag'har Orc up to 26, and others between 15-20.

I will not under any circumstances pre-order the new expansion, after the...disappointment...of Systemslands.

If that means I will miss out on a major part of what drives me to play the game right now - and I am a major "start twitching if I don't have all of a set I've chosen to collect" type completionist - then that's going to be an issue.

Now, if I can get access to the allied race IF I purchase the new expansion AFTER it has launched in a non "steaming pile of dung" type condition, all good.

But ONLY with a preorder? Eff that.
    I don't understand these posts.

No one is saying the allied race is gonna be pre-order exclusive. That's not what the thread is about, there is no precedence for it, and there's no reason to have come to this conclusion.

It would be no different than the pre-order allied races for BfA - available early for pre orderers, available at launch for everyone else.

I really want Vrykul but its gonna be something stupid like darkfallen or even the Dracthyr since Ion said they would technically be playable in the prepatch and I'm assuming you'd need to preorder to play as them like Demon Hunters were.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    I really want Vrykul but its gonna be something stupid like darkfallen or even the Dracthyr since Ion said they would technically be playable in the prepatch and I'm assuming you'd need to preorder to play as them like Demon Hunters were.
    It's 100% dracthyr.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the leaker saw the Dracthyr and/or their visage forms and assumed they were an allied race.

Plus yeah they're 100% gonna require preorder to play in prepatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

I’d resub instantly to play a Broken Draenei. All the other race suggestions I’ve seen leave me cold.

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    I don't understand these posts.

No one is saying the allied race is gonna be pre-order exclusive. That's not what the thread is about, there is no precedence for it, and there's no reason to have come to this conclusion.

It would be no different than the pre-order allied races for BfA - available early for pre orderers, available at launch for everyone else.
    Not my fault you are having trouble understanding what I've said - it is pretty obvious.

If they give early access to a new AR, but allow people that wait until after launch of DF to still have access, I'm good.

If they only allow people that they sucker into preordering the expansion after the worst one in the history of the game to get the AR, then that's a problem for me. Just because they didn't do that with the Legion ARs, or being able to do AR Death Knights in Systemslands, doesn't mean they won't roll out a new policy. After all, they put out good expansions, and some truly awful ones - so there's the whole "past performance is no guarantee of future performance" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JABoyle3875 View Post
    If they only allow people that they sucker into preordering the expansion after the worst one in the history of the game to get the AR, then that's a problem for me.

Yup, this is what I was addressing. They're not locking a race to a pre-order exclusive, that's just silly and there's no reason to believe it. It's something you've made up to get upset about.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ABK Morgan View Post
    Doesn't seem like your grasping the point i am making. The fact they were tied to the BFA pre-purchase is irrelevant to the point i am making. The Allied Race "system" can be used in any expansion, the fact the original AR were part of BFA is irrelevant.
    but why add Allied Races when you can add Races instead? sure, it can be used again; but I don't see why they would do that over just adding Races. Allied Races were a thing they did because the Horde and Alliance were in full blown war and needed reinforcements. so unless that happens again, yeah I don't see Allied Races becoming a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Me too. As a Race not an Allied Race.
    I agree on this too. Allied Races tend to be lazy done. Ogres deserve the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    Dracthyr are not considered allied races though.
    yeah, but they are a race that will be unlocked with pre-order.

they are the "preorder allied race" from the leak

blizzard already confirmed this, so idk why do people keep creating these threads.

Where's the "pre-order even if I don't care about allied races" button?

To me, whatever happens, I'm gonna pre-order the epic edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    People keep pointing out one race as if they don't usually come in sets of two.
    Unless they're doing two neutral races at once, so many of these options don't work without the other, and Darkfallen is just pure Horde fanservice.

I'm on the boat for Naga/Ogres though.
    Except there are night elf Darkfallen now alongside blood elf Darkfallen, since BfA happened. Somethings going to happen with them, we just don't know what, with 9.2.5.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I don't understand why people still wishes for Naga when it's simply not possible.
    THEY HAVE NO LEGS!
    THEY CAN'T RIDE MOUNTS!
    And considering how much issue Blizz have with doing basic things like making Nightborne actually look like the NPCs, I heavily doubt they will ever figure out the above problems or even choose to toss money at it.
    This isn`t necessarily true.
    The new Drachtyr probably won`t have all armor fit to their dragon form, why is that even a criteria.
    Even the Mechagnomes showed that you don`t need to visibly show the armor on the character in order to benefit from the stats.

Even if they went with a Naga that had a serpentine physique, it still wouldn`t matter.
    They have the means to make a race benefit from armor without showing it off physically.

You can implement any reason you want as justification/explanation for a change.
    They coil their lower half around the horse when they ride it for added stability.
    They are snake like, very limber and adjustable, it`s fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    You can implement any reason you want as justification/explanation for a change.
    They coil their lower half around the horse when they ride it for added stability.
    They are snake like, very limber and adjustable, it`s fine.
    This is not as easy as you think because not all mounts have the same shape so Blizz would have to make a system for things they can coil around and we all know how wonderful clipping issues are in this game already. Having a character sit in a seat is one thing, but the moment the interaction gets more advanced the current engine does not handle it well.
    You have to understand that clever solutions are sometimes not possible in practice with the tools they have available. "They could just do"-is a pipe dream.

It'd have to be something ugly. If it were just another Elf model I'd find it hard to be interested.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2022-05-01 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    This is not as easy as you think because not all mounts have the same shape so Blizz would have to make a system for things they can coil around and we all know how wonderful clipping issues are in this game already. Having a character sit in a seat is one thing, but the moment the interaction gets more advanced the current engine does not handle it well.
    You have to understand that clever solutions are sometimes not possible in practice with the tools they have available. "They could just do"-is a pipe dream.
    I disagree still, if they have to add a separate "form" for use on mounts, that is still something they could do.
    Yes it might not be elegant, but for gameplay purposes they have the means to do so.

In this instance it would simply be a matter of turning the Naga into a regular elf for instance as they were mounted, then shift back once they dismounted.
    Granted it would be simplistic, inelegant and immersion breaking, but as an absolute necessity in order to support more diverse and interesting races, why not.