Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Old man yells at cloud
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    My only comment is to wait and see what it is. Anything else says more about you than it does about Blizzard. There will be plenty of time afterwards to exercise your latent hostility towards all things Blizzard, sight unseen.

Hell, my favorite mobile game right now is a base-building game. I could see something along those lines. Or some kind of PVP game. So I'll wait and see and ignore the closed minds for now.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I'm not sure what's more annoying, the OP or people calling the OP an old man

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean in regards to FE: Heroes, which is what the example was Val responded to.

Which definitely has more than just "collecting jpgs". It has the entire Fire Emblem combat system, just reduced to the basics though.
    Fair enough I misunderstood. I don't see the concern about the mobile game. Worst case scenario sounds like it will suck but if you install it and play it for 5min you will get a mount or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Collecting jpegs isn't gameplay.
    What do you think gear is?

Quote Originally Posted by WARSTORMS View Post
    Just love seeing all these resources funnelled into something wow related that isn't wow. Think of all the spell revamps and cool character tune up's that could have been implemented instead of this.
    I'm pretty sure most of the Heroes of the Storm team has been pulled onto this. Leaving that game with the janitor managing the balance patches.

I'm so excited.

I can't wait to see how useless this game is.

Just love seeing all these resources funnelled into something wow related that isn't wow. Think of all the spell revamps and cool character tune up's that could have been implemented instead of this.
    You are high on your own supply if you think that they are funnelling resources away from WoW to make mobile games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Old man yells at cloud
    Literally this.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    My money's on a Gacha Game like Pokemon Masters EX, some terrible Clash of Clans ripoff, or some Pokemon Go ripoff.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so excited.

I can't wait to see how useless this game is.

A wild guess, but I don't think these are the same developers that are making WoW. So you don't need to worry you lose a raid instance, or whatever for this.

And before you suggest it, you can't just add more and more developers to get shit done faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    I think getting joy from hating and being cynical is actually unhealthy, regardless of how fun you find it.

Anyway, I hope it lets us collect Warcraft characters, like FE Heroes.
    Im hoping it is something like Summoner's War. Just so I can stop playing that horrible game.

5+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't care less about any mobile game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post

And before you suggest it, you can't just add more and more developers to get shit done faster.
    I mean that's a strange thing to say. There is such a thing as being understaffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I mean that's a strange thing to say. There is such a thing as being understaffed.
    Well of course. But I doubt WoW team(s) are all that understaffed. There's going to be diminishing returns, is my point. So you can't necessarily just stop making this "useless mobile game" and add them to the WoW teams, and reap the benefits of more content.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    What do you think gear is?
    Personally, I think gear is pixels.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Seems like it's going to be a clash of clans game, the game that has 1 million trashcan copies and was popular like 10 years ago. Maybe they can do something interesting with it other pumping out a generic copy to milk the remaining blizzard fanbase.

I'm a bit interested.

I'm also ready to not be interested anymore as soon as the announcement is made though.
    Can't imagine myself wanting to play a Warcraft "Gacha game". Unless it's all new characters and storylines and stuff.

But it might be some kind of Clash Royale game, which I find to be pretty fun....the type of game that is, where you summon/build units that will automatically move towards the enemy and fight.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-05-03 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    tbh, regardless of HOW great the new game works and HOW much they make profit with it, the wow budget will not change for even one cent. every additional dollar flows directly to management, the share holders and bobbys yearly paycheck.

why? where is my proof?
    because that company earned billions over billions, year over year. and the budget for wow obviously decreased and decreased. the reason is, they milking the cow harder and harder. by becoming more and more cost effective from wow xpac to wow xpac. by doing less and less content, doing more cheap shit stuff like cheap „systems“ used as treadmill grinding (like essences, azerite or souldbinds), cause its just some DB entries and some cheap UI, instead of real (expensive) content. they rehashing as much as possible. they use token selling supporting game design, to press out most money out of tokens. they invest as least as possible into wow, even when it comes down to simple things like the story.

in short: they milk the cow as much as possible.

since doing that, you can clearly see, how they made more and more money (last year excluded, because they simply overdid it), quarter after quarter. but at the same time, they invested less and less into wow. in example, wow was declared best, at its peek quality-wise, in xpacs as TBC or WotlK. a time where Blizzards incoming was not even the half of ATVI Blizzards today. and now look at todays wow quality and back then. if you think, more profit is equal to more investment, you are utterly false. more profit means less investment and more money for a few specific persons.

look:
    in WotlK Blizz had over 10 million players. this means 120 millions per month !!! just from the subs alone. after 1 year of WotlK they earned over 1,4 billions (!) just by the subs. and the result was: Cataclysm. another example: they sold an absurd amount of xpacs (the most ones in the shortest timespan in wow history) when WoD released and climbed back over 10 million subs for the first 2-3 months (before they felt down to 5.8 million subs). what did they do with all that money ? invested in wow content? just remember WoDs content.

all that said: you can’t be more far away from the truth, when it comes down to companies like Blizz. if you think more profit in the warcraft IP means more investment into wow, you have completely ZERO clue how reality works. sorry.
    this guy gets it. enjoy suckling off the teet of a disgusting company.

15+ Year Old Account
    A mobile RTS would be cool, but i doubt it.

Best guess is it looks sorta like Warcraft 3 for nostalgia purposes, and plays like your average mobile "game" abomination.

The best we could probably hope for is an idle game.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Can't be more irrelevant and underwhelming than shadowlands

Good to know they can churn out Warcraft related mobile trash but can't bother to un-fuck Warcraft 3 even after two whole years after Reforged released.