View Poll Results: How high would you rank based on "Activision Diversity Space Tool"?

Voters
6. This poll is closed

1 16.67%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

3 50.00%

2 33.33%

How high would you rank based on "Activision Diversity Space Tool"? Poll

So everyone probably read or heard about it. I'm funnily curious how the poll is going to end up based on our input.

Last edited by Raxacorico; 2022-05-16 at 03:08 PM.

I have no idea how I'm supposed to answer this question.

Based on their 'tool', if you're Caucasian, young, with average intellect, naturally healthy average slim body, normal looking man, born as a man, who identifies as a straight man and is from middle class background with rich European history. Then you're probably gonna be a perfect 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxacorico View Post
    Based on their 'tool', if you're Caucasian, young, with average intellect, naturally healthy average slim body, normal looking man, born as a man, who identifies as a straight man and is from middle class background with rich European history. Then you're probably gonna be a perfect 0.
    Where can the tool be accessed?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Where can the tool be accessed?
    It is not accessible to us whatsoever. Activision just shared a post with these images in it so you're going to have to work with what you can deduce from them.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...sion-in-Gaming is the source of the images and so

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I imagine this'll go the same way the last thread did.

I look forward to the cries of "dystopia" and "dangerous," at least, even if this thread was meant to amuse.
    Rich European history is already the giveaway

Like no shame in being proud of the history of your birthplace but in this context its a red flag lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post

Like no shame in being proud of the history of your birthplace but in this context its a red flag lol
    And the fact that the OP is intentionally misrepresenting what the tool is even for.

It's not a scoring system where higher is better. It's a deviation-from-mean scale. The goal is not to get the highest number possible, it's to monitor frequency and check for trends. It's meant to avoid falling into traps like 'every female character is a caster or archer' that any JRPG fan is probably familiar with.

Edit: All that being said, still a stupid tool. They spent how many years perfecting something that can be done just as easily by having someone who wasn't part of the design team just look at the characters and say whether or not they notice any trends.
    Last edited by Lynarii; 2022-05-16 at 04:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post

Europe's history isn't any "richer" than any other region's history.

The only reason people think otherwise is because they've only been taught European history. The idea that European history is "richer" is literally white supremacist propaganda.

I know you're saying the same thing, I'm just being a wee bit more explicit.

In case someone forgot, discussion of gender and race are forbidden topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Should we report the post on the homepage?

RiCh EuRoPeAn HeRiTaGe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Then close the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxacorico View Post
    It is not accessible to us whatsoever. Activision just shared a post with these images in it so you're going to have to work with what you can deduce from them.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...sion-in-Gaming is the source of the images and so
    Pretty pointless without the actual tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nonsense that was only released to public scrutiny so the resulting raging from neckbeards would distract from the fact Activision-Blizzard has been caught actively engaging in union busting yet again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is closed. This isn't even remotely a good thread idea. Be more mindful.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."