Poll: Would you like TCG mounts to be sold in Battlenet shop?

Thread: TCG Mounts

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As someone who has them: yes. They were duped a ton during WoD so the argument of them being only obtainable via cards is gone. The market was already artificially inflated with a duping bug. May as well let everyone get it via gold to bnet balance conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I got all the tcg mounts I own via real cards and they are already redeemed and used on my account. I CAN'T sell them. And I wouldn't.

My spectral tigers alone cost me like 600 euros back then, so no thank you, I don't want anyone to get them for less.
    I got the normal spectral tiger for 200k and the epic one for 500k in WoD so a lot of people who bought the duped tigers in WoD already got it for less. Cry more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    As someone who has them: yes. They were duped a ton during WoD so the argument of them being only obtainable via cards is gone. The market was already artificially inflated with a duping bug. May as well let everyone get it via gold to bnet balance conversion.

I got the normal spectral tiger for 200k and the epic one for 500k in WoD so a lot of people who bought the duped tigers in WoD already got it for less. Cry more.
    Yes the duping sucked but that's not a reason to give the stuff away on the shop. Besides that, I know my stuff isn't duped so it will always have more worth for me, especially my feldrake and corrupted hippogryph which didn't really got duped at all back then. I wouldn't mind if they brought back more TCG stuff via very rare BMAH auctions (on the same level as the brutosaur or even more rare without a chance for them to be in the lootboxes) as they will go to gold cap anyways. Or maybe have them start at 5 million gold already similiar to the longboy.

But I don't think they need to, most models are out to date anyways and they only real worth is their collectors status, similiar to classic CE items. The Water Tiger case has shown that blizzard would rather make new HD models than using TCG stuff (china doesn't count - they never got a release for the TCG stuff, are handled by a chinese corp and afaik only their classic players got the spectral tiger via shop and even than it did cost like 300 euros iirc?). Another example is the recent HD blizzard elemental bear - totally different from my blizzcon one but still cool.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I'd be fine with "remastered" versions of the more unique TCG mounts available through in-game means.

Like El Pollo Grande and the rhino mount with updated models and/or textures, a spectral tiger using the newly updated sabertooth model and spectral effect from BFA etc.

Just keep the originals as is and allow players to earn modernized versions instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I'd be fine with "remastered" versions of the more unique TCG mounts available through in-game means.

Like El Pollo Grande and the rhino mount with updated models and/or textures, a spectral tiger using the newly updated sabertooth model and spectral effect from BFA etc.

Just keep the originals as is and allow players to earn modernized versions instead.
    It's also a good idea.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFrag View Post
    Hello everyone. I was looking for TCG mounts such as Spectral Tiger or Magic Roosters but people who owns them mostly sells those at 60-90m price range. People who actually bought card game of it , yeah they deserve such a price but in 2015 as I recall, there were tons of it in AH(Was a hack or glitch don't recall the details) and Blizzard didn't erased those tcg mounts / pets. It was like 20x tokens back in those days. Now 200-300x tokens. Well it's 2022 and why not sell TCG stuff in the game shop of Battle.net? It's not something like earned from being Glad or being Famed Slayer of XX, or hitting the gong of Ahn'qiraj in 2007. I have gold and I have nothing left to buy. I'm sure most of you feel the same. What to do with the gold? Snipe realms to buy TCG mount you desire or give a possible scammer 6x-9x times a gold cap? Real money / gold whatever it costs it should be in the game shop of Blizzard. What do you think?
    Much though I would like to support you on this, objectively I cannot. You have to consider the impact this would have on those who currently hold them. Your gain (in terms of discounted price) would directly be their loss.

For better or for worse these are now valuable collectors' items. If you were lucky enough/had enough foresight to get them years ago, then you're fortunate. If not, it's something you can still pursue, but it's only going to get harder going forward, so if it's important to you, get on it ASAP

I truly don't like most of the opinions here.

I have a few TCGs things because I loved the actual card game and sincerely, I couldn't care less if they put them on an achievement/store/whatever.

Why people having something you own "takes away" from you? Why do you care what other people have or doesn't have? Does it really make you feel special to own a mostly outdated item on a videogame?

We had the exclusivity for many years and let's be real we got either lucky or bought the card, it's not like we "earnt" it. If allowing these items to be acquired would make most people happy why not do it? Most people who played back then don't even play anymore, it's literally the benefit of a incredibly low minority against the whole game.

Make them available via a hard achievement, that way people are enticed to play more and properly rewarded, or make it available from the store. People bought them back, let them buy now. Your item doesn't go away, and blizz can give an achievement for those who need to feel like a special snowflake.

Jesus, the entitlement of some people. Its like most common folk complain about rich people in RL and then behave like them inside a game, its just hilarious. Make them play more than me if they want it!!!!
    Vae Victis... woe to the conquered!

10+ Year Old Account
    IT kind of undermines the people who brought them using the cards and how rare they are in general but hey when has that stopped blizzard, so why the hell not lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    this is a bad idea.
    No it's not. Absolutely not.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binks View Post
    I truly don't like most of the opinions here.

I have a few TCGs things because I loved the actual card game and sincerely, I couldn't care less if they put them on an achievement/store/whatever.

Why people having something you own "takes away" from you? Why do you care what other people have or doesn't have? Does it really make you feel special to own a mostly outdated item on a videogame?

We had the exclusivity for many years and let's be real we got either lucky or bought the card, it's not like we "earnt" it. If allowing these items to be acquired would make most people happy why not do it? Most people who played back then don't even play anymore, it's literally the benefit of a incredibly low minority against the whole game.

Make them available via a hard achievement, that way people are enticed to play more and properly rewarded, or make it available from the store. People bought them back, let them buy now. Your item doesn't go away, and blizz can give an achievement for those who need to feel like a special snowflake.

Jesus, the entitlement of some people. Its like most common folk complain about rich people in RL and then behave like them inside a game, its just hilarious. Make them play more than me if they want it!!!!
    Given that your comment follows directly after mine, it feels like you're responding to me. And if that is that case, you missed what I trying to say.

It's not about exclusivity. It's about the fact that the items currently have substantial value - as in real life monetary value. Making them available via the shop would have a detrimental impact on that value.

This impacts negatively on anyone who might want to sell one. It also devalues the collection of everyone who had them, and put a significant investment into getting them.

The only way to protect that if they became available on the shop would be to sell them for a price equivalent to what they are worth in tokens. And given that the OP's rationale for wanting to put them on the shop in the first place was to reduce that price, that wouldn't really solve what he wanted.

For what it's worth, I'd be fine with them going on the shop at a price of $3000 or whatever. It would at least fix the price and stop it getting even more insane, and it would help to ensure that these things remain available to any hardcore collectors who really, really want them. But I can also imagine the insane amount of crying on the forums about "grdy Blz" and the suchlike.

There is zero actual need for anyone to acquire these mounts. They're pure vanity items. Making them common just removes the value they hold for those who have them and undermines their desirability. In the end all you're going to do is upset those who already have them, and those who benefit will no longer have a reason to care.

Make them not count for any collection achievements. Same for any other mount and pet not available in game.

No cosmetics should be removed from the game. Greets a guy with 36k nerd points, almost 700 mounts. Im fine with others having what I have, including say rare LW recipes I only sell aka something thats actually valuable in a way for AH play.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2022-05-24 at 12:17 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Much though I would like to support you on this, objectively I cannot. You have to consider the impact this would have on those who currently hold them. Your gain (in terms of discounted price) would directly be their loss.

For better or for worse these are now valuable collectors' items. If you were lucky enough/had enough foresight to get them years ago, then you're fortunate. If not, it's something you can still pursue, but it's only going to get harder going forward, so if it's important to you, get on it ASAP
    Blizzard already gave away a TCG pet for free to every player who redeemed it. And not a copy of the TCG pet either. The actual TCG pet.

People who owned the original also complained when the value tanked then, but evidently Blizzard didn't care.
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

As someone who got a legitimate Spectral Tiger from a random pack in a small country town in Australia, I can say I wouldn’t really care. I rarely use it so why not.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Blizzard already gave away a TCG pet for free to every player who redeemed it. And not a copy of the TCG pet either. The actual TCG pet.

People who owned the original also complained when the value tanked then, but evidently Blizzard didn't care.
    When did this happen? I tried googling it and had zero success, so at this point I am calling BS on your claim.

7+ Year Old Account
    When did this happen? I tried googling it and had zero success, so at this point I am calling BS on your claim.
    They gave away Bananas for a cherity event - but that was a ~60 euro pet iirc. Quite away from 500-8000 euro mounts.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    They gave away Bananas for a cherity event - but that was a ~60 euro pet iirc. Quite away from 500-8000 euro mounts.
    And a good cause, honestly, though people weren't smart enough about it, believing it went to the pockets when it didn't.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Here's an article about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoWhead article: https://www.wowhead.com/news/doctors...-to-all-321541
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Phob View Post
    There are plenty of mounts in game to make the mount achievements "achievable" without devaluing all of the tcg mounts by putting them in the cash shop. If you are worried about getting the mount collector achievements go on mount runs, don't look for the easy way out in buying the achievement.
    I was saying for like 450, 500, 550, 600, 650, 700 mount achievements you can "earn them". I wasn't saying BUY the store mounts to get those achievements. Store mounts should be rewards in game.

I sold a fel drake card for 1700 a few years ago, pretty pleased with the rarity of these cards.