Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Presenting everyone with a screen of text before they can play. That's definitely going to ensure everyone reads it and they don't just click through it so they can begin playing.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Of course, companies punishing you for breaking their ToS (which only states that you shouldn't be an asshole in their game) is the same as trying to control your behaviour ;
    I get what you are trying to say but you are saying it in such a dumb way that... yes,yes it is.

No word on when they'll finally create a way to deal with problematic dev behavior though!
    Last edited by Tokegen; 2022-05-26 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Ignore doesn’t circumvent griefing. Anyone can literally abuse kick and chat “because I can.” The point is to stop the player from repeating the same crap and holding a captive audience.

Literally no one wants to hear the same bs in general, only for the same rotten apple to create an alt or change name. It’s not bEiNg oFfEnDeDlOl either, it’s just annoyance. Censorship my ass.
    Try to avoid any topic that people might get annoyed / offended about, before you know it you will be kicked out of the game because someone took offence.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I get what you are trying to say but you are saying it in such a dumb way that... yes,yes it is.
    I'm not sure how to break this to you, but you aren't and have never been allowed to get away with posting anything you want on this private platforms. Not just with WoW, but literally everything. Just like how MMO-Champ will ban you for posting the N-word over and over again, it's no different. You can try to label it as "controlling your behavior" everyone else just calls it common sense.

Ignore doesn’t circumvent griefing. Anyone can literally abuse kick and chat “because I can.” The point is to stop the player from repeating the same crap and holding a captive audience.

Literally no one wants to hear the same bs in general, only for the same rotten apple to create an alt or change name. It’s not bEiNg oFfEnDeDlOl either, it’s just annoyance. Censorship my ass.
    You know what I did back in the day when I was annoyed? Logged out.

I so cannot wait to sign my “social contract”
    Before logging into a video game ./sarcasm.

people get offended and their feelings hurt when they see the message "your application to [group] has been declined"

i don't think this contract will do anything

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Nothing about abusing the system where loads of people can report a single person?
    Why would it? It's an overblown criticism that people love to harp on while it rarely, if ever, happens.

Like, wow, big streamers who can get their viewers to coordinate the effort to prove it happens did it. That there's some auto flag for reports, but so what? Besides the fact that I'm sure streamers wouldn't want literal video proof of them trying to abuse the report system nowadays against random people.

I've seen people go on tirades of hate speech in chat for quite a bit of time before, and nothing happened for nearly an hour, so it's not like the players are at some iron fist of oppression that they love to pretend they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    Presenting everyone with a screen of text before they can play. That's definitely going to ensure everyone reads it and they don't just click through it so they can begin playing.
    I mean, you say this as if that isn't what people did with ToS for years now. Doesn't change that even if people skip the fine print they're still held to it.

Good, should have happend yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caradras View Post
    Try to avoid any topic that people might get annoyed / offended about, before you know it you will be kicked out of the game because someone took offence.
    It’s common sense to practice good etiquette. And it’s clear what kind of conversation players tend to avoid in chat, all you need is a good look at your typical guild’s enforced rules.

One can be empathically lazy or dishonest and say people are offended by everything, but the line has to be drawn somewhere. It’s not a professional setting, but no one is willing to cooperate with a player who is deliberately antisocial (this word is often misconstrued as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    people get offended and their feelings hurt when they see the message "your application to [group] has been declined"

i don't think this contract will do anything
    No, this is for people loosing their shit in m+ pugs throwing around the N-word or telling you to kys.

You don't type that and press enter "by accident", that should always be a instant perma.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokegen View Post
    No word on when they'll finally create a way to deal with problematic dev behavior though!
    There have been a lot of words on that actually normally saying like “we hired a new woman for a new role” followed by a subsection of the fan base losing there shit for “reasons”.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    You know what I did back in the day when I was annoyed? Logged out.
    I’d say players were less annoying and more approachable than today. It was never this bad, particularly armchair protesting. People are more irritable, and it’s not just any specific crowd.

Are people actually complaining about this? A better reporting system is a net positive for the game. It makes it much less easy to be abused.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    There have been a lot of words on that actually normally saying like “we hired a new woman for a new role” followed by a subsection of the fan base losing there shit for “reasons”.
    Are you saying women cant be problematic?

These negative comments are great.

It's like....tell me you're an asshole in game, without telling me you're an asshole in game.

Only an asshole can see anything negative about what Blizzard is trying to do here.

I am a prolific chatter in groups and public channels. I have NEVER been actioned by Blizzard. Anyone who has been, or is in fear of it, is probably an asshole.
    Last edited by ablib; 2022-05-26 at 06:38 PM.

I'm sure this will do about as much good as the social contracts the employees are forced to adhere to.

It’s common sense to practice good etiquette. And it’s clear what kind of conversation players tend to avoid in chat, all you need is a good look at your typical guild’s enforced rules.

One can be empathically lazy or dishonest and say people are offended by everything, but the line has to be drawn somewhere. It’s not a professional setting, but no one is willing to cooperate with a player who is deliberately antisocial (this word is often misconstrued as well).
    Its clear what kind of conversation to avoid? well that is not clear at all and just something you are assuming, or you only talk about the weather? You say empathically lazy or dishonest but there is also being overly sensitve to words written by strangers in a video game.
    If you dont want to cooperate with a player who is anitsocial you dont have to. You can ignore that player and keep going. No 'social contract' needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caradras View Post
    Its clear what kind of conversation to avoid? well that is not clear at all and just something you are assuming, or you only talk about the weather? You say empathically lazy or dishonest but there is also being overly sensitve to words written by strangers in a video game.
    If you dont want to cooperate with a player who is anitsocial you dont have to. You can ignore that player and keep going. No 'social contract' needed.
    If you’re offended by someone sensitive then you can ignore them. And no social contract needed for stalking and spamming I agree. I’ve never joined a guild either.