Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Just ehhhhh enough to be real
    Honestly, all the RE stuff is very welcome. I know some people did not like RE4, but it is still my favorite one because of mercenary missions, and Hunk. Also loved Village. Also, the quotes, Ada: “Leon Now!” quality!

Also honestly, my PS VR one and move controls collected dust literally the entire time I’ve had them, lol. Still, can’t say I’m not interested in part two. Would love a half-life alyx port, that would concrete in my sale.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-05-29 at 08:12 PM.

I'm actually totally okay with this lineup but I'm a big fan of Resident Evil and VR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are photos of leaks always so janky?

Its probably real since the next since it's already known they want to really showcase the VR2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Honestly, all the RE stuff is very welcome. I know some people did not like RE4, but it is still my favorite one because of mercenary missions, and Hunk. Also loved Village. Also, the quotes, Ada: “Leon Now!” quality!

Also honestly, my PS VR one and move controls collected dust literally the entire time I’ve had them, lol. Still, can’t say I’m not interested in part two. Would love a half-life alyx port, that would concrete in my sale.
    RE4? One of the most well received games of its time and defined designed 3rd person shooter design elements for years.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Why are photos of leaks always so janky?
    Because if real they have to take it on the down low. Everything about events like this is under NDA and if you break it Sony (and partnered company's) will sue you into the stone age if they find out you broke it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

When do you guys reckon they will announce a PS5 Slim?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    When do you guys reckon they will announce a PS5 Slim?
    Are VR2 is released but not before PS5 Pro (substancial) leaks.

Side note. They've already slightly changed the build of the PS5 and Dualsense controllers but the form factors are the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else annoyed by game price?
    Quite a few are at €90 mark (I'm not talking Deluxe Editions, but AAA base game). Indie games can be between €10-30, but most games are €60+.
    I have PS5 Digital Edition and could've bought the disc version, but I choose the digital console as I didn't like the asymmetric look of the disc version.
    I'm buying PS exclusives only and the rest I buy on PC, where games are a lot cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Quite a few are at €90 mark (I'm not talking Deluxe Editions, but AAA base game). Indie games can be between €10-30, but most games are €60+.
    I have PS5 Digital Edition and could've bought the disc version, but I choose the digital console as I didn't like the asymmetric look of the disc version.
    I'm buying PS exclusives only and the rest I buy on PC, where games are a lot cheaper.
    that's why i stopped buying games when they release
    I wait till a discount (may it be a local shop, amazon, psn itself or holiday events)
    Last game I bought for full price was Kingdom Hearts 3 when it released and like 6 months later(or even less can't remember) it was aviable for 30€
    I was so pissed at that moment when I saw it

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Digital prices suck ass because there is no competition, stores can't buy codes for digital games they can only sell digital gift cards. Physical pricing is better and has better and faster sales because of all the retail stores trying to compete with each other for customers. Sony removed this from being an option for digital years ago when they stopped allowing digital codes for games to be sold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    that's why i stopped buying games when they release
    I wait till a discount (may it be a local shop, amazon, psn itself or holiday events)
    Last game I bought for full price was Kingdom Hearts 3 when it released and like 6 months later(or even less can't remember) it was aviable for 30€
    I was so pissed at that moment when I saw it
    PSN has a sale on AAA games like every 2-3 months, once a quarter I guess? I usually only buy games then. Example the Lego SW game that just came out is on sale now. Price is still crappy compared to PC but decent for consoles.

November/December, March, May, and I think August/September.

But yeah, pricing on consoles suck.

15+ Year Old Account
    I cant imagine trying to shave off 100 dollars only to end up paying more for shitty digitals. I sold my atelier ryza on switch for 200 awhile ago after buying it for 40. Get recked digidweebs

Next up https://www.pricecharting.com/game/p...lue-reflection
    https://www.pricecharting.com/game/p...ter-nightmares
    Last edited by Video Games; 2022-05-30 at 09:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I cant imagine trying to shave off 100 dollars only to end up paying more for shitty digitals. I sold my atelier ryza on switch for 200 awhile ago after buying it for 40. Get recked digidweebs

Next up https://www.pricecharting.com/game/p...lue-reflection
    https://www.pricecharting.com/game/p...ter-nightmares
    The disc version of PS5 is much uglier, that's the reason I didn't want to buy it. I'd rather pay the higher game price.

Anyway, Forsworn is €90, Returnal is quit wold now, but has pretty much never been 50% off.
    PC is my primary gaming platform, I'm pretty much only playing Rocket League (free) and Mortal Kombat 11 (was like 80% off) and that's enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    RE4? One of the most well received games of its time and defined designed 3rd person shooter design elements for years.
    Yep, that one. Surprisingly, a lot of modern fans have retconned RE4 as the catalyst for the series going full on action, vs traditional survival horror, and in turn hate RE4 with a burning passion. I personally think it is the best Capcom game, just to give my level of hype for a remake.

This particular forum, like many others, is inhabited by contrarians. I expect many here hate RE4, so I was just making allowance for their opinions too. I can't think of many good games that some audiences don't just hate, worse than like the worst shovelware.

I tend to agree with popular opinion on games, more than most, but that is just a coincidence....or law of large numbers and metadata works, but I digress.

- - - Updated - - -

Destroy All Humans 2 August 30th.

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/05/dest...ches-august-30

Honestly hyped about this, love part 2, even though I skipped and do not love part 1. This was a very unique and interesting game, those who complain there is nothing weird to play and who haven't played this one, it's pretty good. 2 is good.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-05-31 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah excited to play Destroy All Humans 2. The first one was okay, but it was always the second one that I really liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Yep, that one. Surprisingly, a lot of modern fans have retconned RE4 as the catalyst for the series going full on action, vs traditional survival horror, and in turn hate RE4 with a burning passion. I personally think it is the best Capcom game, just to give my level of hype for a remake.

This particular forum, like many others, is inhabited by contrarians. I expect many here hate RE4, so I was just making allowance for their opinions too. I can't think of many good games that some audiences don't just hate, worse than like the worst shovelware.

I tend to agree with popular opinion on games, more than most, but that is just a coincidence....or law of large numbers and metadata works, but I digress.

- - - Updated - - -

Destroy All Humans 2 August 30th.

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/05/dest...ches-august-30

Honestly hyped about this, love part 2, even though I skipped and do not love part 1. This was a very unique and interesting game, those who complain there is nothing weird to play and who haven't played this one, it's pretty good. 2 is good.
    It’s not a retcon. All you have to do is look at it and see that RE4 was the start of the trend of moving towards a more action horror based gameplay. The game itself is almost a perfect representation of the games departure from survival horror to action horror in itself, as you have some gothic architecture and overwhelming enemies that requires perfect precision or running past at the beginning for the old survival horror feel (at the start of the game), to an all out action experience of mowing down enemies and blowing up machine gunners and turrets, which represents the move to action based horror (as the game moves towards the end).
    Some people loved it, some hated it. Obviously, more loved it than hated it based on the scores it received at the time and how almost every RE since has been based off the same playstyle.
    Personally, I think RE4 is one of my favorites for what it is, just behind RE2 and RE3.
    All that aside, RE4 absolutely led into RE5, RE6, and even Revelations, being more action based horror than survival horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It’s not a retcon. All you have to do is look at it and see that RE4 was the start of the trend of moving towards a more action horror based gameplay. The game itself is almost a perfect representation of the games departure from survival horror to action horror in itself, as you have some gothic architecture and overwhelming enemies that requires perfect precision or running past at the beginning for the old survival horror feel (at the start of the game), to an all out action experience of mowing down enemies and blowing up machine gunners and turrets, which represents the move to action based horror (as the game moves towards the end).
    Some people loved it, some hated it. Obviously, more loved it than hated it based on the scores it received at the time and how almost every RE since has been based off the same playstyle.
    Personally, I think RE4 is one of my favorites for what it is, just behind RE2 and RE3.
    All that aside, RE4 absolutely led into RE5, RE6, and even Revelations, being more action based horror than survival horror.
    That's the controversy with RE4. It was a great, huge game with the best side game(mercenary missions) I have ever played. It is a top game. However, I understand lamenting the loss of the awesome survival horror feel of resident evil as well. I think for those that didn't love RE4, it is easy to see why they hate it. They don't necessarily hate it for what it WAS, but for what it DID to the franchise. It's an amazing game that did something ostensibly very bad. Convinced Capcom to go all in on action for RE.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-06-02 at 03:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like the Japanese version of the new PS Plus has the NTSC versions of the games like Ape Escape and Everybody's Golf. A good sign that NA will get the NTSC versions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Seems like the Japanese version of the new PS Plus has the NTSC versions of the games like Ape Escape and Everybody's Golf. A good sign that NA will get the NTSC versions as well.
    From what I hear the concern is that Sony will use the PAL versions because they often include English language/text. With Japan they generally only have the one version that actually has Japanese text/va.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    From what I hear the concern is that Sony will use the PAL versions because they often include English language/text. With Japan they generally only have the one version that actually has Japanese text/va.
    Ah that's fair, although hopefully they've seen the backlash to the PAL versions and make the right choice.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I dunno this was a problem with PS1 classics during the PS3/Vita days as well but NA got NTSC. It's usually a licensing issue on if they have legal rights to release that version in that country or not. OFC with Japan it's never an issue as there was only ever NTSC versions with Japanese language.

https://blog.playstation.com/archive...rmed-for-scee/

If I had to guess I would say NA will be fine and get NTSC, but EU is probably screwed and may be updated on a game to game basis like during the PS3 days.

I also see people saying that the general asia releases where PAL when they where originally released NTSC there but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of those countries never even got official PS1 releases back in the day and had to import everything so that's not entirely accurate either.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-02 at 03:37 PM.