Poll: WOTLK PRE-PATCH will be released in:

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

When do you think WOTLK PRE-PATCH will be released?

In what month do you guys think, the WOTLK pre-patch will be released?

I'd have to say August or September is likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    The original wrath came out in December 2008, i wouldn't be surprised if they did the same for classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    The original wrath came out in December 2008, i wouldn't be surprised if they did the same for classic.
    You mean November 13

Probably gonna see the Sunwell nerfs in July, with pre-patch in September

7+ Year Old Account
    They just announced closing some servers in august so very likely September or later

Looking to be September, then expansion release in November. Dragonflight could be 3-4 months afterwards

7+ Year Old Account
    july., i imagine it will drop while the beta goes into phase 2 near then end. so end of july beginning of august
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Did they say how long the prepatch will last? I’m really curious because if it’s pretty long I might just roll a toon on the ‘new’ servers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woods123 View Post
    Did they say how long the prepatch will last? I’m really curious because if it’s pretty long I might just roll a toon on the ‘new’ servers.
    i remember hearingitll last likea month or somethign
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Not a chance it's august 9th. Releasing the pre-patch at a time when anyone who's coming back for wrath but plays on one of the forced shut-down servers is going to be unable to log in for two weeks would sabotage their own launch.

I think WotLK Classic will be at least two weeks after this date.
    Last edited by SimithDAEN; 2022-09-07 at 07:36 AM.

My prediction is 2 weeks after they shut down the dead servers, so August 23rd, and the pre-patch will last 4 weeks. Resulting in a September 20th launch, which would be perfect for those Q3 earnings reports.

There's a possible hint in the blue post about the xp buff. They have said it will be 'in the coming weeks' and will begin a few weeks before the pre-patch and last a total of 6-8 weeks. The relevant quote is below.

"In the coming weeks, we will implement a global buff that we’re calling “Joyous Journeys”. During the time this buff is active, all sources of experience points will award 50% additional XP.

We haven’t locked down the specific timeframe for when this buff will activate, but we expect it to last for at least 6-8 weeks; beginning a few weeks before the 3.4.0 Pre-Patch and persisting right up until the day that Wrath of the Lich King Classic launches."

Quote Originally Posted by irdsyd View Post
    There's a possible hint in the blue post about the xp buff. They have said it will be 'in the coming weeks' and will begin a few weeks before the pre-patch and last a total of 6-8 weeks. The relevant quote is below.

"In the coming weeks, we will implement a global buff that we’re calling “Joyous Journeys”. During the time this buff is active, all sources of experience points will award 50% additional XP.

We haven’t locked down the specific timeframe for when this buff will activate, but we expect it to last for at least 6-8 weeks; beginning a few weeks before the 3.4.0 Pre-Patch and persisting right up until the day that Wrath of the Lich King Classic launches."
    That actually kinda nice, a 50% buff to xp flat out will be nice for people choosing to roll on the brand new wotlk servers. Also, I’m fairly certain xp gains were buffed to the tits with the wotlk prepatch anyway so if that is stacking, the new characters on the new server should make leveling an absolute breeze.

Just remember folks if you’re rolling on a pvp server (if there is one) to stay the fuck away from deathknights, you will lose if you see them while leveling in outlands

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Looking to be September, then expansion release in November. Dragonflight could be 3-4 months afterwards
    I wouldn't expect dragonflight until late spring next year, but more realistically summer or later
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

Quote Originally Posted by HatsHatsHats View Post
    I wouldn't expect dragonflight until late spring next year, but more realistically summer or later
    Not saying this means it’s set in stone because it could for sure be a “planned delay” but they announced its releasing this year.

The sooner the better ?
    People put everything on hold since SCC because they are waiting for Wrath

10+ Year Old Account
    Early or Mid August is my best guess. More likely to be July than September though.

August 10 or 17 (Europe, I guess 9 and 16 for NA)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    The sooner the better ?
    People put everything on hold since SCC because they are waiting for Wrath
    No, it sucks when they release games over the summer. People are on vacations etc and are not avalaible to play, besides, summer is for many a time for other activities. Summer releases always suck

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Late August pre-patch, September launch, Dragonflight in November.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Early August with full launch in September is logically the best case scenario (just in time for school kiddies to get back from vacation). Closed beta shouldn’t be longer than a month either because other than stressing servers, there’s nothing that needs “testing”.

I’m sure Blizzard wants to get this out before MW2 launches(different genre yada yada, I know). Spare me the bs because at the end of the day, it’s still competition.
    Last edited by Theonewholurks; 2022-06-28 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Formatting

3+ Year Old Account
    August 30th.